What's new

Did We really draft T.Bradley over Kuzma???

Or, Bradley was plain worth it and we couldn't swing a deal to get high enough for Kuz. Mark me down: I'm in the crowd who thinks Bradley will be good.

I honestly think the Jazz traded up thinking they could land Kuzma but were also high on Bradley. It is impossible for me to conceive that Bradley was higher on the Jazz's draft board than Kuzma considering everything (but most notably the Jazz's roster/Gobert/pretty desperately needing to find a modern 4).

Am i wrong or we give up a draft pick for this ?
He played in UT, what went wrong?
AHA don't tell me he will be Steven Adams for five years.

iu

Im still pissed we drafted Sasha Pavlolvic instead of Lebron James in 2003.
I totally thought he was going to be a 20 ppg guy. I’m also amazed KOC protected JC and not him in the expansion draft, not that it ended up mattering in the long run. Charlotte wasn’t going to take JC...

Or, Bradley was plain worth it and we couldn't swing a deal to get high enough for Kuz. Mark me down: I'm in the crowd who thinks Bradley will be good.

I thought the pick was odd, but I am optimistic about Bradley. I thought he looked much improved last night from what I remember of his earlier brief appearances. He seems to be able to catch the ball and moves well. His shot is still too low, but it didn't get blocked and the coaches can probably help him correct that.

remember

Bradley is 19 years old
Kuzma is 22 years old

thats quite the gap when we are talking about basketball development. Kuzma at 19 wasn't even an nba player, not even close. Bradley could very well become better if he works hard, Kuzma is probably going to improve as well but not exponentially anymore.

remember

Bradley is 19 years old
Kuzma is 22 years old

thats quite the gap when we are talking about basketball development. Kuzma at 19 wasn't even an nba player, not even close. Bradley could very well become better if he works hard, Kuzma is probably going to improve as well but not exponentially anymore.

Nah, he might. With a good development program that highlights areas they need to improve on and hard work, a player can. He's only 22. Look at Hayward. His biggest jumps came when he was 24-26 years old with Snyder's development.

remember

Bradley is 19 years old
Kuzma is 22 years old

Kuzma just dropped a 38 point game in his rookie year. That's a pretty big signal he has a lot of growth potential.

Look, we all know that if an NBA big doesn't dominate by the time he is 19, he is likely going to bust. . .

FWIW, I think Locke was saying after the draft that Bradley was something like 14th on the Jazz's draft board. I think the Jazz were likely to take Bradley at #24 if they drafted there. I don't think DL really believed in Kuzma despite how well he shot the ball during his workout. The only people who believed in Kuzma were Tony Jones at the Trib and Cy, pretty much.

Did we really trade Trey Lyles and the #24 and draft Donovan Mitchell, who is likely to finish 2nd in the ROY voting?

Ain't hindsight grand?
Yes, would have been nice to have this version of Kuzma. But he wasn't on the board. Let's not forget Kuzma played 3 years at Utah. Bradley only played 1 year; he's 2+ yrs. younger. The fact SA wanted him is good enough for me. Many were saying he had the potential to be a lotto pick in 2018 if he returned to college for 1 more season.
Good Points except who carss if Bradley is younger he is a stiff and getting older isnt going make him athletic A d the Zultra
Spurs were never going draft him. They had a promise with Derrick White so it's such a Jazzboard myth the Spurs were going to take him. have think most want to believe this so it makes them feel better. I know Whites Family, he had a promise from Spurs and also use commonsense Spurs prefer seasoned college players over young ones. Murray the only one and done they have ever taken in round 1 and that's a fact not a myth!

FWIW, I think Locke was saying after the draft that Bradley was something like 14th on the Jazz's draft board. I think the Jazz were likely to take Bradley at #24 if they drafted there. I don't think DL really believed in Kuzma despite how well he shot the ball during his workout. The only people who believed in Kuzma were Tony Jones at the Trib and Cy, pretty much.
A d Magic Johnson. any one with a brain saw he had a promise from Lakers because Magic talked about the Michigan bond they had during his pre draft time with Lakers

Good Points except who carss if Bradley is younger he is a stiff and getting older isnt going make him athletic A d the Zultra
Spurs were never going draft him. They had a promise with Derrick White so it's such a Jazzboard myth the Spurs were going to take him. have think most want to believe this so it makes them feel better. I know Whites Family, he had a promise from Spurs and also use commonsense Spurs prefer seasoned college players over young ones. Murray the only one and done they have ever taken in round 1 and that's a fact not a myth!

All of the Spurs fans were pretty pissed that we moved ahead of them to take him. There was really no reason to smokescreen for Derrick White, or promise him for that matter. I like the way the Jazz are developing Bradley, and kind of wish we would have had the luxury to bring Exum along in the same manner.

Kuzma was drafted before silly goose.

And there was reference to moneyball after the pick because bradley was rated as high as 10 according to statistical analysis. That was from an espn commentator.

Joke’s going to be on OP when Bradley becomes the best stretch 4 in the league.