What's new

Dish a good option for Jazz games??

What about using a VPN service to hide your location and IP address?

Sure. That works and I may or may not have tried that. But it was a pain and the speed of the vpn and data caps made it poor quality. This was a few years ago though.

I had cable cut for years but finally gave in.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I currently have Direct TV and the price has gone way up now that the year long promotion I signed on for has expired. I live in St George right now so league pass isn't an option. I'll be paying 120 bucks a month basically just to watch the Jazz games if I keep Direct TV. Ive seen some good prices with dish, albeit almost certainly base package. Can anyone tell me if Dish is a good option for Jazz games and also what the price is. Any info would be appreciated. Cheers!

I bought DISH just to watch the Jazz games. I have the $49.99 package, so with taxes and fees I pay about $55/month. I only have one TV. They gave me the Genie so I have DVR w/ Sling technology which means I can watch games on my phone when I am on the road. It was a 2 year agreement. I will be cancelling in October when the 2 year agreement is up to look for a better option, but I'm not sure (a legal) one exists.

Once again, the reason I bought DISH is to watch Jazz games. I'd prefer to just use my Roku, but I can't get Jazz games because I'm in the SLC market. I absolutely hate paying $55/month (or $1320 over two years.) If there were a cheaper way, I'd do it.

That being said, I've enjoyed DISH because of the DVR and the ability to record movies. Recording games is a must.

I'm in the same boat the OP. I have Directv, but am considering switching to Dish because Directv is way too expensive. If only ROOT Utah was available on Sling or PlayStation View or you could buy the channel as a stand-alone via the internet.

When I had Comcast, I got internet, TV and home security for $120/month. You guys are getting screwed over. Had I not moved to Boise, I'd still be using Comcast, they were great!

I had a co-worker who moved to Utah from Cleveland. He was upset because we didn't get Jazz games on the local channels. He said the Cavs were on local TV and most other places he lived had their teams on local channels. Can anyone confirm this for me? Do people in Phoenix get Suns games on local channels? What about other teams?

My memory can be hazy, but I'm 99% sure the Jazz left KJZZ in 2009* and the made the excuse that they needed the money because they went into the luxury tax to keep Millsap. Does anyone else remember this?

*It was the summer after Larry died. Coincidence?

[MENTION=1438]JFFR[/MENTION] I think it's mixed. Portland even used to have home games on PPV back in the day. I think Houston is on locals and a cable network alternating, or used to be. I think KJZZ was a way for the Miller's to keep all the ad revenue but eventually the cable networks could offer more money so they sold out.

Call and get a contract and you can prolly drop that to $90-100. We had Comcast prior and they had a contract for 200mb internet and tv with Root for like $89. I think it was $99 without a contract. Comcast you have to call every time the price goes up. They're good about discounts but NEVER pay regular prices. Always have to call.

Also, you will always get the best deal by actually visiting the service center! Speaking from experience!

Got this today. $10 off a month so use my code

e0ed1b516a3f007f1f6917936562c58a.jpg