What's new

DL and Quin Snyder Rift

DL can’t simultaneously get heaped with credit for building this supposedly great team when it also totally collapsed in the second round and now cannot be sustained because of his consistently ghastly work on the margins.
He's been behind in every move/transaction dating back to the Hayward days. People just forget all the cap space that died on the vine because we didn't sign guys or use it in trades. All that flexibility that brought us nothing. The initial Hayward negotiation he walked away from over a couple million dollars when literally everyone knew the cap was exploding and there was virtually no deal that would look bad.

Yeah but when you blow multiple double digit leads and your team looks completely clueless in the process you should at least for say 5 minutes of over 70 minutes of inept ****** gameplay say "**** it, Ersan get out there".
Yeah I agree... I don't think that sin is worse than the ones DL committed. I'm willing to overlook that a bit. I'd support bringing in a little better tactician for the staff. I think Quin is a good relationship guy and a good theory guy. In game adjustments/decisions seem to be hard for him.

Yeah I agree... I don't think that sin is worse than the ones DL committed. I'm willing to overlook that a bit. I'd support bringing in a little better tactician for the staff. I think Quin is a good relationship guy and a good theory guy. In game adjustments/decisions seem to be hard for him.
I think we’ve lost some really important assistants over the years. I would hope the Jazz go hard after Kokoskov if it’s even possible.

Does anyone else think that Johnny Bryant may have been more instrumental to the turnaround in NY than Thibs? None of that **** happens if Randle isn’t suddenly a much, much better player and the timing is very interesting.

Last edited:
I think we’ve lost some really important assistants over the years. I would hope the Jazz go hard after Kokoskov if it’s even possible.
I'd bring him back in a second. Dave Joerger is also a guy that is well regarded in those aspects (he's an ******* though by all accounts).

For grins I just went back and looked at the box scores from the preseason games (I know it's preseason and the Jazz were playing against guys destined to be clerks at Best Buy) and who shined in a limited amount of PT? Dok, Hughes, Brantley, Forrest, Morgan and the late great NWG. Shaq and Oni really didn't. Quin has been known to bury guys that have had good exhibition games (see Justin Holiday, Kevin Murphy, Dee Bost, Brock Motum, Tibor Pleiss, Jack Cooley and Bryce Cotton) because they didn't fit the agenda or they just "weren't NBA talents." So after preseason was DL pushing to get the youngsters some PT and Quin said over my dead body or was Quin upset over the clown car handling of talent on the margins like Green, Davis, Bradley and Tucker in this past off season.

I think I could find about 30 posts from maybe 10 posters saying basically this exact thing 2 years ago.
DL overpays because he hates the unknown and figuring things out on the fly. He overpaid in the deal by 33% was my opinion at the time. Not hanging on to your pet Dante Exum and keeping Crowder would have been fairly easy imo. I would have though one pick was enough if not. He didn't want to go into FA with space so he bid against himself. There wasn't a robust market for Conley at the time.

DL locks in on his draft guys very early... its why Locke can tell you the picks before they happen. Does the same with FA and trade targets... he's just not flexible enough. I think he pivots too late and then overcompensates. My god the point guard and backup center stuff is just tough.

I don't really agree that the one sin is worse than the other. It's tantamount to accepting something like this:

QS: I need some good hard-nose defenders at the wing.
DL: I got you Ersan and Thomas. Try those guys out.
QS: That sucks. Nevermind I'll just do what we've always done.

Basically if I can't get the toys I want I won't play with any of the new toys. It's the coaches job to figure out how to get the most out of what he has been given to work with. What's we've seen from Quinn is a supreme lack of creativity and ability to do just exactly that. Even as early as the 4th game, I believe it was, in the little in-game interview they do, you could see that Quinn already looked confused and lost and he basically said "they took away the 3 and we can't guard the perimeter so we'll, I guess, just try harder to do that". He seriously looked like a deer in the headlights each time they talked to him during the meltdowns. And I'd be ok with that to a point if it was more like "well we tried Ersan as a small-ball 5, and brantley for a bit, that didn't work. Threw Doke in there for a different look, nope. Went completely small with bogie at the 5, then even Joe at the 5. Hell we even went the other way and tried Gobert, favors, bogie, O'Neal, and Ingles. Gonna keep working on it." But instead it was much closer to this:

Does anyone else think that Johnny Bryant may have been more instrumental to the turnaround in NY than Thibs? None of that **** happens if Randle isn’t suddenly a much, much better player and the timing is very interesting.
Bryant might be the one person out there with no head coaching experience that I think i'd be ok moving on from Quin for. When the job opened up I wanted him at the UofU. I think he's going to eventually be a great HC

I broke this story days ago!
Yeah but nobody listens to you, you're always drunk. You're the dude in independence day who tells everyone the aliens are coming and nobody listens to, but was right all along, then flies his plane up the alien ships arse to win the day.

To bad we don't still have Kevin O'Connor. Now that guy built a championship roster

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah but nobody listens to you, you're always drunk. You're the dude in independence day who tells everyone the aliens are coming and nobody listens to, but was right all along, then flies his plane up the alien ships arse to win the day.

Yes they are coming to probe us! I think they may have already got to me cause ive been farting relentlessly for 24 hours...

I think I could find about 30 posts from maybe 10 posters saying basically this exact thing 2 years ago.
I'm saying DL mortgaging the farm for Conley. Getting rid of Crowder who was our muscle. Constantly moving his defense for offense. Like the whole Thomas move didn't even make sense. Hindering Quins ability to put the team in the best position to win. We had almost zero perimeter defense not even having player that can fake playing perimeter defense.

Sent from my SM-N986U using JazzFanz mobile app