What's new

Do you think inside the Jazz organization they are just smiling over all this?

No one is smiling in the ESC. Sponsors are already calling. Losing eyeballs is as important than losing games this year. Losing games like this and trying to maintain (fan/sponsor and future player) excitement has the place in a funk. It's a good thing the basketball guys rarely walk through the business offices.

If I'm the Miller's I say, "you are bailing now? Great. Just realize when we have a new coach, a new #1 option, a new bench, and are in the playoffs next year it will cost you more when you come back."

I think they'd be smiling if their lottery picks looked great and were looking like they had progressed (like they did at start of season), but were losing because of players like R.J., JLIII, Mike Harris, etc. This is just showing that the F/O ****ed up by not having a coach develop these players beforehand. They're looking like talent that was left to spoil, that never learned how to play together, which doesn't bode well for the team's future. Yes, this draft is amazing, but we only have little control over where our pick lands, and no control over where the GSW falls, and even then, not even the surest/safest franchise altering prospects are franchise altering talent at the NBA level until they do it. We need a couple of our guys (Hayward, Kanter, Favors, Burks, Burke, Gobert) to really look like they are serious competitors who bring something irreplaceable to the table.

Uh huh. That was the pitch this year after last year: "Rebuilding, but exciting passionate young guys bringing new fans. Pay a little more now to get on the train early."

Uh huh. That was the pitch this year after last year: "Rebuilding, but exciting passionate young guys bringing new fans. Pay a little more now to get on the train early."

No it wasn't. They were very up front about trying to make the playoffs last year with Al and Paul then starting over.

If I'm the Miller's I say, "you are bailing now? Great. Just realize when we have a new coach, a new #1 option, a new bench, and are in the playoffs next year it will cost you more when you come back."

thing is, I'm not sure any of those things are guaranteed.

Corbin is the man for the tank, granted, but I'm not sure they split with him. The adoration from the Millers seems to be genuine. Lindsey seems to be backseat to their wishes as well.

A new #1 option? I sure hope so, but what if Jabari decides to stay for his second year (which he has said many times he might do), or go on his mission ) which he has also said he might do)? The 'franchise alterer out the gate' crowd gets shrunk to Randle, Wiggins (awesome jaw-dropping talent, but I see him as having a lot to learn before he's a legit #1) , Exum? (still think I need to see more, he also hasn't fully decided), and possibly Smart. Even with the worst record, we aren't guaranteed our choice, or even any of them.

A new bench? W/O a winning culture (ours will have been tarnished) and legit #1 and #2 options, Utah is a hard sell for the right price. Trying to recruit 2nd tier guys at too high of a price could make them our starters (Foye, Mo, Marvin).

--- I believe in the plan, but the most integral part of the plan is developing our own guys that we have now so they are legit players for us, or trade bait to bring in others. If they suck, we'll still suck when they're gone.

Jabari isn't staying or going on a mission. Sorry.

We hope. But unless you have some verifiable source to refute this, I'll consider it a possibility because he said it.

...and why would you be sorry? You don't think he makes the draft stronger? You think I want him to stay in college? Ridiculous.

We hope. But unless you have some verifiable source to refute this, I'll consider it a possibility because he said it.

...and why would you be sorry? You don't think he makes the draft stronger? You think I want him to stay in college? Ridiculous.

If I remember correctly there were articles about him deciding between a mission and college. Obviously he chose college and not to go on a mission. As for wether he stays or not. Who knows but I doubt it.

If I remember correctly there were articles about him deciding between a mission and college. Obviously he chose college and not to go on a mission. As for wether he stays or not. Who knows but I doubt it.

@ 1:24
"I love the whole attitude of staying in college, 'cause I want to take advantage of it. Getting a free education is big time in my family."
@ 1:34
"The whole attitude--approach of the one and dones, that's good for them because that's their decision."

@2:12 "going to school with your friends, that's big time for me."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glTdaZpAHMg

I think him declaring for the draft is far from certain. It is an awful lot of money to pass up, but jsut last year we saw Marcus Smart do it.

I ultimately think he declares for the draft but you never know.

No one is smiling in the ESC. Sponsors are already calling. Losing eyeballs is more important than losing games this year. Losing games like this and trying to maintain (fan/sponsor and future player) excitement has the place in a funk. It's a good thing the basketball guys rarely walk through the business offices.

....so you think those who are thinking "big picture" are saying basically what I'm saying? "Let's sell this franchise BEFORE it goes belly up and salvage SOMETHING out of our investment!"

No one is smiling in the ESC. Sponsors are already calling. Losing eyeballs is more important than losing games this year. Losing games like this and trying to maintain (fan/sponsor and future player) excitement has the place in a funk. It's a good thing the basketball guys rarely walk through the business offices.

Link?