What's new

Documented Facts

You can go to Google Maps and do Street View and drive through the whole Hobbitville. Didn't see any dwarves or anything out of the ordinary.

A. It's Hobbiton. Not Hobbitville. Perhaps it's changed over the years but it was known as Hobbiton when I was a kid.

B. It has been there forever. Even when I was a teen (about a hundred years ago) there were all sorts of tales and legends. Everything from a colony of midgets to devil worshippers to witches.

C. I became friends with a researcher up at the U that happened to live in Hobbiton. I went to his house several times. Guess what? He was 6' 4" and not once did I see any midgets, get yelled at, chased away or had any curses put on me. Will was a seriously cool guy that just happened to rent a house located in Hobbiton. He and I had a good laugh when I told him all of the stories that had been circulated about the area. He even introduced me to a couple of his neighbors. Yes, they were normal. Keep in mind that this was about 25 years ago and I haven't been back.

A. It's Hobbiton. Not Hobbitville. Perhaps it's changed over the years but it was known as Hobbiton when I was a kid.

B. It has been there forever. Even when I was a teen (about a hundred years ago) there were all sorts of tales and legends. Everything from a colony of midgets to devil worshippers to witches.

C. I became friends with a researcher up at the U that happened to live in Hobbiton. I went to his house several times. Guess what? He was 6' 4" and not once did I see any midgets, get yelled at, chased away or had any curses put on me. Will was a seriously cool guy that just happened to rent a house located in Hobbiton. He and I had a good laugh when I told him all of the stories that had been circulated about the area. He even introduced me to a couple of his neighbors. Yes, they were normal. Keep in mind that this was about 25 years ago and I haven't been back.

No, it's not Hobbiton. Google "Hobbiton Utah" and there's almost nothing compared to "Hobbitville Utah."

Interesting info though, thank you.

No, it's not Hobbiton. Google "Hobbiton Utah" and there's almost nothing compared to "Hobbitville Utah."

Interesting info though, thank you.

Like I said, that was a long time ago. The name has seemingly changed over the years.

Another little known gem in Salt Lake is Gilgal Garden.

https://www.gilgalgarden.org/

Again, when I was a kid you had to sneak in at night to see all the sculptures. There is an unfinished sphinx with the face of Joseph Smith and other such odd sculptures. Being at night and having to sneak in added an extra level of mistique to the entire experience. I guess now it is actually a public park that anyone can visit. It's still unique but nowhere near as mysterious.

IMG_2089ggg.jpg

IMG_2197f.jpg

IMG_2147y.jpg

IMG_2216f.jpg

Last edited:
Like I said, that was a long time ago. The name has seemingly changed over the years.

Again, when I was a kid you had to sneak in at night to see all the sculptures. There is an unfinished sphinx with the face of Joseph Smith and other such odd sculptures. Being at night and having to sneak in added an extra level of mistique to the entire experience. I guess now it is actually a public park that anyone can visit. It's still unique but nowhere near as mysterious.

IMG_2089ggg.jpg

IMG_2197f.jpg

IMG_2147y.jpg

IMG_2216f.jpg

My cousin lives right next to that place! Went there just a few weeks ago. Super cool stuff!

IMG_2089ggg.jpg

IMG_2197f.jpg

IMG_2147y.jpg

IMG_2216f.jpg

It's a documented fact that I can't decide if that place looks cool or creepy. I heard that the security guard there carries a goad. haha, there's so much exaggeration about this place. I think TLC should make a new show covering it.

It's a documented fact that Archie Moses is still one of the worst posters on this site.

hehepeepeecaca