What's new

Does anyone still like this team?

Ineptimusprime

Does anyone like this team anymore?

In my opinion, this team is so boring and played out. I honestly hope we lose in the first round so we can get off this boring predictable treadmill we are on with this failed build. I’ve been score watching since the ASB and honestly haven’t missed watching.

Sick of the drama, the whining, and the personality of the team. Blow it up.

Does anyone like this team anymore?

In my opinion, this team is so boring and played out. I honestly hope we lose in the first round so we can get off this boring predictable treadmill we are on with this failed build. I’ve been score watching since the ASB and honestly haven’t missed watching.

Sick of the drama, the whining, and the personality of the team. Blow it up.
I agree for the most part. Annoys the ever living **** out of me how we start every game by just throwing Donovan in the corner. We try so damn hard to make Quin's ideals run and make Conley work. It's just so damn boring. We run the offense with little success then get it to Don with about 4 seconds left on the clock.

After half of a quarter of this, we turn into green light central. Clarkson comes in and it's like watching an And1 game circa 2005.

I'm getting so tired of seeing Rudy complain all the time. Truly does get old. Likewise, I get tired of Conley, Royce and Donovan not complaining enough. They are passionate, but they gotta force the ref's hand some.

I just find the whole thing kind of boring. The playoffs are fun because Don is just that good when he's on. When he can't carry us, we go full boring again.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

It sucks pretty bad that the identity of this team is choking away games/series. It wasn't always this way, but it is now for sure. The losses like last night sting a little less since it's just expected now.

I still have blind optimism though. I still think this team is capable of doing something big. I'll cheer for the team as long as they wear the Jazz uniform. There have been great teams or players that we labeled as chokers until they weren't.

I'm definitely not looking forward to blowing things up. When I was watching the Blazers the other day I was reminded of how not fun it is to watch a team like that. I'll still hope for the miracle that we magically figure it out. Obviously I'm not expecting it.

I agree for the most part. Annoys the ever living **** out of me how we start every game by just throwing Donovan in the corner. We try so damn hard to make Quin's ideals run and make Conley work. It's just so damn boring. We run the offense with little success then get it to Don with about 4 seconds left on the clock.

After half of a quarter of this, we turn into green light central. Clarkson comes in and it's like watching an And1 game circa 2005.

I'm getting so tired of seeing Rudy complain all the time. Truly does get old. Likewise, I get tired of Conley, Royce and Donovan not complaining enough. They are passionate, but they gotta force the ref's hand some.

I just find the whole thing kind of boring. The playoffs are fun because Don is just that good when he's on. When he can't carry us, we go full boring again.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
ideals is not the same as ideas, fyi

It’s not necessary about liking them or not, but rather are they built to win a championship. Winning cures likability.

And the answer is no. I don’t like the makeup of the team. We are too small yet have little small ball flexibility and too reliant on Rudy being in the lineup. It doesn’t help that our coaches are afraid to experiment.

We’ve unfortunately committed all-in to this approach through draft capital and contractual money which doesn’t get better next year.

If we suffer a first round or second round exit this year, I dare say that we either have to trade Rudy to get a more well-balanced approach or DM if we truly want to begin a full rebuild. We can’t just run it back yet again.

The clock is ticking and if we don’t do anything, in two years, it all goes boom anyway.

It’s not necessary about liking them or not, but rather are they built to win a championship. Winning cures likability.

And the answer is no. I don’t like the makeup of the team. We are too small yet have little small ball flexibility and too reliant on Rudy being in the lineup. It doesn’t help that our coaches are afraid to experiment.

We’ve unfortunately committed all-in to this approach through draft capital and contractual money which doesn’t get better next year.

If we suffer a first round or second round exit this year, I dare say that we either have to trade Rudy to get a more well-balanced approach or DM if we truly want to begin a full rebuild. We can’t just run it back yet again.

The clock is ticking and if we don’t do anything, in two years, it all goes boom anyway.
I would say I don’t like either. I don’t like the way the team is constructed and the personalities of most of the players are starting to wear on me too. Conley is a pro, Bogey is a pro. Literally every other key rotation player on the roster is varying degrees of “whiney bitch.”

There is zero championship DNA here. Probably won’t watch much until the Playoffs, and if we flame out in the first or second round I will tune out completely next year if there is any degree of running it back. This is entertainment, and for the most part it’s lost my interest.

I think we can still win. I believe my Death Star analogy is the most appropriate. We can definitely win and if we did have health and a good roll of the dice I wouldn't be totally shocked if we could make a WCF or finals run. The problem is that the range of possibility is large but our probabilities skew more heavily toward collapsing. The Death Star is great and blows up planets but it has fatal flaws that, at this point, everyone knows. If anyone talks about those (the mental components and coaching inflexibility and lack of adjustment, I'm not talking about 5-out), the typical responses evades those points entirely and responds with "lol it blows up planets." If someone says, "hey, let's work on shoring up and addressing this one fatal flaw," the cadre responds with "lol let's just go blow up some planets so you can understand how powerful this thing is. lol."

Over the summer I suggested our biggest acquisition would be a veteran coach as an assistant. Someone needs to point out the small, obvious things to Quin. And someone he would 1) listen to and someone who 2) is in a position to feel comfortable pointing it out. The roster construction has flaws and I've complained about FO mismanagement on that plenty. But we should be getting more out of this collective. Yes, this team struggles in the clutch and gives up leads, but it's not one player specifically. It's the collective. The performance of the collective is the responsibility of the coach. Frequent mental collapses and not holding any kind of composure time after time after time is only about 25% on the players and 75% on coaching. If that's not Quin's responsibility, what is? Quin can see us doing stupid things that cause us to give up leads, but he hasn't responded other than pretending the entirety of the sample size is an outlier and continuing to move forward, undeterred, in the same direction.

I will always love this team and be a fan but I hesitate to watch games knowing that our coach will f it up

Always and forever a Jazz fan, but definitely have not enjoyed the team this year. Watching games is feeing more like a chore. I never get excited because the whole game I am just waiting for them to fall apart.

I am very grateful for League Pass though. I just start fast forwarding as soon as it is clear another collapse is happening. I’m really not sure I could stomach watching that in real time.

I think we can still win. I believe my Death Star analogy is the most appropriate. We can definitely win and if we did have health and a good roll of the dice I wouldn't be totally shocked if we could make a WCF or finals run. The problem is that the range of possibility is large but our probabilities skew more heavily toward collapsing. The Death Star is great and blows up planets but it has fatal flaws that, at this point, everyone knows. If anyone talks about those (the mental components and coaching inflexibility and lack of adjustment, I'm not talking about 5-out), the typical responses evades those points entirely and responds with "lol it blows up planets." If someone says, "hey, let's work on shoring up and addressing this one fatal flaw," the cadre responds with "lol let's just go blow up some planets so you can understand how powerful this thing is. lol."

Over the summer I suggested our biggest acquisition would be a veteran coach as an assistant. Someone needs to point out the small, obvious things to Quin. And someone he would 1) listen to and someone who 2) is in a position to feel comfortable pointing it out. The roster construction has flaws and I've complained about FO mismanagement on that plenty. But we should be getting more out of this collective. Yes, this team struggles in the clutch and gives up leads, but it's not one player specifically. It's the collective. The performance of the collective is the responsibility of the coach. Frequent mental collapses and not holding any kind of composure time after time after time is only about 25% on the players and 75% on coaching. If that's not Quin's responsibility, what is? Quin can see us doing stupid things that cause us to give up leads, but he hasn't responded other than pretending the entirety of the sample size is an outlier and continuing to move forward, undeterred, in the same direction.
If they get a veteran coach, Quin won't listen to him. He is the smartest guy ever. You would think he would listen to Jensen but nyet.

If they get a veteran coach, Quin won't listen to him. He is the smartest guy ever. You would think he would listen to Jensen but nyet.
Agreed, and I think Quin is the ultimate narcissist. His way or the highway. It's also entirely possible he's too smart and players can't execute his vision due to lack of athleticism or cognitive ability so they end up in the doghouse. If they could play a little looser in the vaunted system perhaps we'd see different results when things get tough. I'd really like to see what Jensen could do with this team without Quin having any influence..

That said, I've been a fan for way too long to quit on them now. They are and always have been the team I've rooted for.

I'd like to add that while I don't like the team choking away so many games, I do think the team is likeable. For the most part we have high character guys who are doing a lot of good things with their money and fame. As far as being whiney on the court, it bugs me too, but it's also unfortunately a proven strategy to get calls from the reactionary nba refs. It would be hard to come up with a full team of talented NBA players that never whine. Our team as a whole is probably better than most others

I'll also point out that for those people who like to see the ball go in the basket, you are not going to find a better team to follow. I personally prefer a defensive oriented team (I actually enjoyed the 3rd quarter last night), but some people act like this team can't score which is not true, even in the clutch.

I was ready to blow this **** up before the season started. I still think Rudy is a building piece if you go with length, athleticism, and defense at every position. I wouldn’t be opposed to blowing it all up though. It does suck that we have zero draft capitol and we’d have to restock quite a bit to even get back to square one.

****ing Conley… I was not on board with the Conley trade but I didn’t think it’d end up being one of the dumbest ****ing trades in Jazz history. It’s still not, but it’s not over with yet either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have kind of always known this, but I am facing the fact more and more that it is highly unlikely we ever win a championship, at least not in my lifetime. The cards just never fall right for us. We got arguably the top stars (at least top 2 or 3) of 2 different drafts, exactly what a team like us hopes and prays for, drafting multiple all-stars. We as a franchise have now done that twice (Stockton and Malone and DM and Gobert), but we cannot turn that into rings. Poor management, and now imo poor coaching, is draining us. Or just plain timing, running into the greatest player of all-time at his very peak in our only finals runs. Now if we have to blow it all up again, because we are incapable of making the tweaks necessary to get us over the hump, well then that means that most likely I won't see another window of opportunity like this in my lifetime. Kind of makes me want to hang it up, tbh. Been a jazz fan for 40 years now, started really following the Jazz when I was 12. Crazy to think about. But I just don't have the energy anymore. Too much going on in life that is depressing enough. It was fun in the underdog years, and it was fun when we were on top of the league, and when we hit the finals and such, but it isn't fun watching a very promising squad be blown up because our coaching staff and scouting and management teams let them all down by not improving on the great core we had. It was a bad sign when we traded Ingles away, our heart and soul, and frankly, I am not a superstitious guy, but you can plainly see we are playing with no soul now. No fire. No desire to dominate and win. We look like we are checking off the boxes for Quin's system, like hitting on a soft-17 because you have seen a lot of high cards coming out of the deck and that is your personal system to get ahead, but you end up with a facecard anyway, then the dealer tops a 19, and so that hand is gone. Oh well, there is always another hand, and another free drink. Yep, we are playing like a bored gambler working his system half-heartedly while waiting for the buffet to open. And frankly it just isn't any fun watching that night in and night out.

I was ready to blow this **** up before the season started. I still think Rudy is a building piece if you go with length, athleticism, and defense at every position. I wouldn’t be opposed to blowing it all up though. It does suck that we have zero draft capitol and we’d have to restock quite a bit to even get back to square one.

****ing Conley… I was not on board with the Conley trade but I didn’t think it’d end up being one of the dumbest ****ing trades in Jazz history. It’s still not, but it’s not over with yet either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rudy on a team with pieces like the Celtics have would be dominating on another level. Imagine those guys being completely free to roam the perimeter. But we decided we needed short and unathletic guys that, you know, are hard-nosed and play hard and stay within the system, or something. For some reason.

Rudy on a team with pieces like the Celtics have would be dominating on another level. Imagine those guys being completely free to roam the perimeter. But we decided we needed short and unathletic guys that, you know, are hard-nosed and play hard and stay within the system, or something. For some reason.
That would at least be the silver lining. They move Rudy and keep Quin and Donovan. We go on to get worse and Donovan bolts, the FO has to realize “oh, maybe it was Quin,” and then Rudy goes on to dominate and the FO scratches their head in disbelief and says, “oh, well I guess in hindsight we really ****ed up. I guess those internet fans were right. **** it, dude. Let’s go bowling.”