What's new

Does anyone still like this team?

It was actually pretty boring to win so many games by so much last year. We had a steak where most of the game were decided by the 4th quarter. It was nice, but I don't understand how that was more exciting than this year where so many games have come down to the wire.

Personally I preferred the boring and stress free games last year, but I don't get when people say this year has been more boring.
What was exciting for me was the level of our playing last year, it felt like we were a real contender. Than came playoffs and it all went down the toilet pretty fast. That's why this season I mostly keep fingers crossed for guys to stay healthy, catch the fire at the right time and don't care about the seeding so much. Also we ve been atrocious in really close games this season so I don't know if I would call it exciting..

i dont like the team tbh, but I dislike the imprudent personnel management considerably less.. I like many of the players, individually and in small vaccuums together, but any of that is weighed down by too many bloated contracts, which means too much is asked of said individuals, too much is relied upon where it's not reliable at a winning in the playoffs level.

Plus the team is just lame-duck status so it's hard to get excited when they even lack a "punchers chance"

I mean management had a chance to shake things up at the deadline n did pretty much the opposite..

Hope i'm wrong but that just seems to be the state of affairs

Last edited:
to quote Gene Hackman as General Mandible in the 1998 Animated movie Antz: "Sacrifice. To some, it is just a word. To others it is a code. The life of one individual ant does not matter. What matters is the colony. And each soldier knows that he's willing to live for the colony, to fight for the colony, to die for the colony."

This is a core issue festering in the Jazz for the 2000's and beyond.. the more time passes, the more im convinced the last good move this team made was trading Deron Williams for what they did... That was a move for the colony... Since we get bunch of these half hearted, Hayward worshipping, moves to appease individuals, and it's no surprise little progress has been made since, and other teams have gone from dust mites to powerhouses while the Jazz remain a steady mediocrity...

Last edited:
The Jazz are a team/management consumed by their own fire...They are making this harder than it needs to be.. It's sophomoric.. It's not appealing to me as a fan when there's so many teams that generate abundance from playing the system as its intended...

Lol. We barely scored 100 points without him last night. Tonight scored like a million. He is having the best season of his career this year.
Tbh, i look at this team and think we need to trade at least one of Bogey or Conley for a starter level player that improved our perimeter D, size (Bogey is 6'7", but plays 6'4" or under 1v1 defense and rebounding) and athleticism (and i'd still look at trading Clarkson, and be open to trade Royce O'Neale too)

Both are really good on their own, but contribute to the collective roster limitations, and also their age don't match Mitchell timeline beyond his current contract (and Bogey is a expiring next year). It already looks like we missed the moment to ship Clarkson at a top value (even considering that since changing his shot diet, he got back to being useful/playable for us, but still at a way worse value than he finished last season), and doing so again with both Conley and Bogey would be terrible to the franchise future

I still like the team, like most players at all, and the 3 point shooting doesn't bothers me. The painting in the wall of our defense limitations, and our problems with bully ball, good switching defenses and good 5 out shooting that makes it frustating and diminishes the exciment towards another winning season and the playoffs with a current roster that has some short window due to some of the main players age, even if considering that, with the right luck and matchups (that doesn't look the worst right now, even if facing the Suns in the second round isn't a dream scenario, and that i'll be much more confident playing the Mavs if we do have homecourt) this current team still could make a deep run, if not having a punchers chance to winning it all

This team is frustrating but once we’re balls deep in a rebuild I will probably look back and miss these days. Not looking forward to Quin playing some version of Shelvin Mack over lottery picks.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

It's just frustrating we squandered away last season. Home court throughout and you blow it in the 2nd round to a Kawhi-less Clippers team? Don't know about anyone else but that killed any enthusiasm / excitement I have for this iteration of the Jazz.
This.

Last year was wide open for anyone to win it and we blew it.

It's just frustrating we squandered away last season. Home court throughout and you blow it in the 2nd round to a Kawhi-less Clippers team? Don't know about anyone else but that killed any enthusiasm / excitement I have for this iteration of the Jazz.

Ahem... squandered the last two seasons. Quin used to talk about the juice; the juice went rancid and he's the guy who was responsible for its refrigeration. I really like our players but the fire is missing and coaching mistakes are hurting us.

Last edited:
I like the team, I like most of the players, and I pretty much watch every game they play.

That said I have no faith that they will go any further than the 2nd round this season. I hope I'm wrong and I hope that they learn to find another gear and use some of this playoff experience they've accumulated to their advantage, but seeing them lose lead after lead after lead gives me no confidence it will actually happen.

If someone had told me at any point in the past 30 years that I will not only dislike a Jazz team this strongly, but that it will be a team with a comfortably winning record, I wouldn't have believed them.

Yet, here we are.

I like the team, it's the team somehow I ended up rooting for ever since I was a very young and useless being.
But it bores me to death for they to continue to do the same thing with a roster past it's peak when they know that we know that they know it won't work.
It's like always watching the same movie or eating the same meal: I already know how it taste and how it ends. Not funny!

I like this team more than any team we have had and think it is the best since Stockton and Malone left. We have the best chance of doing something in the playoffs since then as well. But we do have some flaws. This team could disappoint again, but I still have my hopes up. Partially because the team is pretty good and partially because its sports and I see no reason to watch my team and not be hopeful.