What's new

Does anyone still like this team?

I am always rooting for the Jazz to win. I love the Jazz. I am less or more excited from time to time. Right now my excitement is at a low point for the DM/Gobert era. I am still rooting for them to win, every game. But I have really tempered my expectations for this current iteration. I will be happy if we get to the 2nd round, but tbh, with the way we have been playing in the last, oh 30 games, I do not have a lot of hope of us making any kind of a run this year.

I am always rooting for the Jazz to win. I love the Jazz. I am less or more excited from time to time. Right now my excitement is at a low point for the DM/Gobert era. I am still rooting for them to win, every game. But I have really tempered my expectations for this current iteration. I will be happy if we get to the 2nd round, but tbh, with the way we have been playing in the last, oh 30 games, I do not have a lot of hope of us making any kind of a run this year.

Good thing is that those 30 games or so were meaningless. Or at thats what everyone was saying last season about the regular season. The important thing is resting guys and being healthy for the playoffs…… at least until that is exactly what the jazz do and then suddenly those 30 games matter a ton and we should have been going all out to win every game.

I think we are healthy right now, probably have a chip on our shoulders, are favored to win round 1 and then will an underdog in round two (might be nice to be the underdog and playing with no pressure and nothing to lose).
This is the time to be excited. Forget about those 30 games. They dont matter.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Good thing is that those 30 games or so were meaningless. Or at thats what everyone was saying last season about the regular season. The important thing is resting guys and being healthy for the playoffs…… at least until that is exactly what the jazz do and then suddenly those 30 games matter a ton and we should have been going all out to win every game.

I think we are healthy right now, probably have a chip on our shoulders, are favored to win round 1 and then will an underdog in round two (might be nice to be the underdog and playing with no pressure and nothing to lose).

When you have the best record then it doesn't matter what your record is, when you don't have the best record then it matters.

I don't think being disappointed in the way the Jazz played during the season or being less confident about their playoff chances makes anybody less of a fan than those who are constantly optimistic or positive. The fact that they don't have homecourt for any round in the playoffs and will have to potentially face the best team in the NBA in the second round instead of the conference finals is because of their poor regular season play, and that's a real bummer. I also think it's okay to be realistic about their title chances or even just their chances of beating the Suns and advancing past the second round for the first time in 15 years. I think just about everyone here is rooting hard for the Jazz to win every game, and every playoff series. Just because we don't always believe they'll win certain games, or a certain playoff series doesn't mean we don't want them to. Everyone can fan however they want.

I don't think being disappointed in the way the Jazz played during the season or being less confident about their playoff chances makes anybody less of a fan than those who are constantly optimistic or positive. The fact that they don't have homecourt for any round in the playoffs and will have to potentially face the best team in the NBA in the second round instead of the conference finals is because of their poor regular season play, and that's a real bummer. I also think it's okay to be realistic about their title chances or even just their chances of beating the Suns and advancing past the second round for the first time in 15 years. I think just about everyone here is rooting hard for the Jazz to win every game, and every playoff series. Just because we don't always believe they'll win certain games, or a certain playoff series doesn't mean we don't want them to. Everyone can fan however they want.
Yep, no one is knocking down an up-and-coming team.

The thought going into the season was that regular season wasn't important and Jazz should prepare for the playoffs. I don't think most are complaining because Jazz are 5th, it's because Jazz aren't prepared at all. None of the adjustments Quin Snyder tried to implement stuck because we have bunch of limited players and some of them couldn't put aside their egos and sacrifice for the team. There is no point to playing high hedge if you don't put effort recovering to your man or playing switch if you are constantly looking back to switch back.

The team just didn't work hard towards improving their habits so at least they should have been in a more favourable position.

I am all in and one of the few who still likes Quin. That being said, it is a lot more about how they finished than where they finished. Making this an issue of simply being healthy and the regular season not mattering misses the point of how many huge leads this team has blown and the lack of confidence that has been obvious on the floor. I am hopeful that they can leave that behind but not feeling great about it.

I’m also excited for the post playoffs statement about how whatever performance doesn’t matter. Perhaps it’s like the World Cup where it’s every 4 years, but now we’re not interested in the championship. It’s the once every ten years mega championship that matters.

I remember throwing this question out and every Jazz beat writer screaming at me "TEH JAZZ IS TRYING TO WIN A RING... NO TIME TO DEVELOP A PLAYER LOLZ!!!!!"

Look, Quin is a lawyer... and lawyer's are great at spinning things... or as they'd say positioning things.

If the regular season doesn't matter, then why was Quin hugging and fist bumping everyone last year when the Jazz finished with the #1 seed and NBA's best record?

View: https://twitter.com/Kerricronk/status/1394135528971194368

Its ok to be happy when you do something that the franchise had never done before. Imo.
I took a pretty nice **** earlier today and it didnt really matter but i still gave my daughter a celebratory fist bump afterwards.

Snyder should be fired. The best thing that can happen to the team.
Like today they should fire him? That would be the best thing for the team?

GTFOH with that trash.

Once the playoffs end for the Jazz talk all the stupid **** you want. Right now you're just setting yourself up to tell us all how you told us so if they lose. So you're rooting against the team on the verge of the playoffs. No one needs "fans" like you.

Like today they should fire him? That would be the best thing for the team?

GTFOH with that trash.

Once the playoffs end for the Jazz talk all the stupid **** you want. Right now you're just setting yourself up to tell us all how you told us so if they lose. So you're rooting against the team on the verge of the playoffs. No one needs "fans" like you.
Where did i write that he should be fired now? Never. You speak about today not me. Of course you make a resume after season ended. Im not stupid.

Last edited:
Only losing franchises say the regular season doesn't matter. We heard the same all last year with the Lakers and wouldn't you know? The regular season mattered. The Lakers just weren't very good and had anyone paid attention to the regular season, they would have seen that.

The last time a NBA team won a championship after finishing below 3rd in their conference was Houston in 1995. Before that? Never. At least in the 16 team playoff era.

Saying the regular season doesn't matter only works for teams who finish in the top-three in their conference. Everyone else is pretty much eliminated from serious title contention.