What's new

Dok at the rim

Watcher

Maybe it's just me but watching Dok receiving passes inside and dunking over people, there are a few instances where I find myself wondering if Gobert would have caught the pass and if he would have been able to power in the dunk. Don't get me wrong -- I love Rudy and I know he's way better and way more valuable overall. I just feel like Dok has a strength which is good hands and good forceful dunking.

Probably blasphemy but just a thought.

Maybe it's just me but watching Dok receiving passes inside and dunking over people, there are a few instances where I find myself wondering if Gobert would have caught the pass and if he would have been able to power in the dunk. Don't get me wrong -- I love Rudy and I know he's way better and way more valuable overall. I just feel like Dok has a strength which is good hands and good forceful dunking.

Rudy doesn't overpower people very often. He needs to be positioned really deep in order to go up strong. Rudy actually tries to finish with more finesse. Dok is a brute. He's got so much mass up high when he goes up, it's very difficult for defenders to make a play on him.

Part of this is center of gravity. Rudy's COG is really high up, making it hard for him to power like this unless he has some momentum. It is also pure bulk and strength and Dok is just more massive and stronger than Rudy. It is a good thing about Dok, for sure. He has been a surprising high-point recently. Happy for him.

I love Dok but I wish he was even more violent with the rebounding and dunks. I get the feeling that if he plays angry, he will be a monster.

He is a sleeping giant. Once he gets more and more confidence, watch out.

I love Dok but I wish he was even more violent with the rebounding and dunks. I get the feeling that if he plays angry, he will be a monster.

He is a sleeping giant. Once he gets more and more confidence, watch out.
Yup definitely a sleeping giant. Stoked on Dok.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

I think this summer he needs to head down south and work with the Mailman on conditioning and also free throw shooting. Mail's rookie year he was horrible at the foul line and with hard work made himself into a pretty good free throw shooter.

He's looked good. I think his contract has gone from negative to a slight positive. Like we might be able to trade a him and get a second round draft pick instead of send a second round pick with him.

I wouldn't move him... unless I knew Hassan wanted to come back on a minimum deal, but I think we have a mutual parting of ways after the season. No hard feelings. I feel safe having Udoka as the primary backup next season.

Good on him too... left for dead... even the front office washing their hands of him. Also, good on the guys taking the pressure off of him and just saying "whatever you do go 125%". That has a huge boost in confidence and effectiveness.

The only criticism I have is really rebounding. For a guy with great hands he needs to bring a few more of those in. There is more to it, but there are times he has decent position and the ball ends up coming off his hands and going elsewhere.

Thank yo

Dok is unbelievably quick once he catches the ball getting the dunk. The defense doesn't have a chance to gather and challenge.. I really wish Rudy had doks hands and whiteside's little push shot.
Yeah, in terms of explosiveness he reminds me of a young Shaq or Zion before the injury. Yeah, he's still a bit unpolished in some ways but athletically he's a stud and an excellent prospect. Somebody called him a Gentle Giant @str8line and that's a really apt description. He looks like a guy with a Giant complex, a little too concerned about maybe hurting somebody it seems to me. But he seems to be coming around, playing with more intensity and aggression.

We will be so glad to have this guy when we have to go up against the enforcers like Embid and the like. I mean Rudy's great but as @LogGrad98 pointed out, he has a high center of gravity that can be exploited to good effect. (Anybody remember the Houston series a couple years ago when all it took was a couple of round mounds like P.J. Tucker to take him out of his comfort zone?) Kryptonite baby, and happy we got some and finally figured out how to use it!

And no I didn't forget about Whiteside, another Superhero with his own superhuman abilities - the real Inspector Gadget that just puts his arms up and blocks a shot or corrals a rebound. Anybody know what the line is at now for the Jazz to go all the way?

Last edited:
He's looked good. I think his contract has gone from negative to a slight positive. Like we might be able to trade a him and get a second round draft pick instead of send a second round pick with him.

I wouldn't move him... unless I knew Hassan wanted to come back on a minimum deal, but I think we have a mutual parting of ways after the season. No hard feelings. I feel safe having Udoka as the primary backup next season.

Good on him too... left for dead... even the front office washing their hands of him. Also, good on the guys taking the pressure off of him and just saying "whatever you do go 125%". That has a huge boost in confidence and effectiveness.

Whiteside likely gets a higher offer from another team that we won’t want to match anyways. I know he’s not restricted but you get the gist.