What's new

Donald Fires FBI Director who's investigating Russian Election Hacking

Cult
Of
Personality

It doesn’t matter what trump does. 38 percent of this country would eat Trump’s dung (in a figurative way, they already are) if he told them to do so. America has no shortage of dim-witted bitter people eager to follow a loud leader who makes them feel good.
From the definition of demagogue

A demagogue is a leader in a democracy who gains popularity by exploiting prejudice and ignorance among the common people, whipping up the passions of the crowd and shutting down reasoned deliberation. Demagogues overturn established customs of political conduct, or promise or threaten to do so. Wikipedia

This is not new. It is history rhyming with itself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app

This is not new. It is history rhyming with itself.

Yep. Too many people simply do not want to learn from the lessons of history. Nothing is more important then an educated electorate, which I always took to mean an electorate educated in the ability to recognize precisely the type of leader that must be avoided at all costs. Emphasis on civics in our educational systems wouldn't hurt, either.

Thomas Jefferson: "Ignorance and despotism seem made for each other":

https://legallegacy.wordpress.com/2...relationship-between-ignorance-and-despotism/

Donald Trump: "I love the poorly educated":

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...donald-trump-nevada-poorly-educated/80860078/

Who is Whit? A Republican party loyalist that has publically stated he would fund the Mueller investigation so low as to starve it out of resources, that he would limit the scope of the investigation, and the he has already determined that it has found no evidence of collusion. Read about it that Resistance rag the Des Moines register.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...sal-robert-muellers-investigation/1988662002/

That sound like a man who is after the truth to you? Or someone trying out for a spot on Trump's team? And if he doesn't deliver, is there any doubt he will be sacked in a New York minute?

Obtw the President stated that he didn't know Whitaker held those opinions. Very trustworthy.

"Whit" is the man Trump chose as acting chief of the DOJ, apparently on long-time stuffed shirt in that venerable institution which has for some time been doing the bidding of interests deemed obligatory "sponsors" of the Right Way Forward in this "democracy" under the "rule of law".

I'm guessing Trump wants to move on. Maybe he should contact "MoveOn.org", get some real help.

yah, not much of Statist here, right or left. But what can I know, really.

My brother who always wants to talk about the Jazz when I show up, says that Snyder isn't a very good coach, that without some players being injured so they couldn't play last year, forcing Snyder to use the right guys at last, we wouldn't 've had that winning streak. He knows more than I know, and he doesn't even listen when I tell him stuff I read in here.

I'm kinda burned out with the Russia stuff myself. I was liking Putin even if he is, at heart, Russia's version of Hillary. By that, I mean a player in the global stage. He'll buy any influence he can, and he'll squelch any opposition he can. He and Hillary, and a lot of other interested players, are playing us for the loyal believers we are in whatever little boat we're on.

I don't see Trump as someone who is gonna build a career from the Oval Office. He'll run again, sure. But he and his little clan, and all his special friends, move on with their private lives when the job is over. Not like Obama and Hillary, who are addicts to the political life.

So I'm willing to see what he can do to make things OK again in the USA, and sorta glad he seems interested in the disenfranchised PWT class underlings who voted for him. A lot glad he seems interested in helping business prosper and doing stuff to make jobs more possible onshore.

I believe you are one of the best contributors in this forum, and I find your offerings interesting and thought provoking. Thank you.

Who is Whit? A Republican party loyalist that has publically stated he would fund the Mueller investigation so low as to starve it out of resources, that he would limit the scope of the investigation, and the he has already determined that it has found no evidence of collusion. Read about it that Resistance rag the Des Moines register.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/s...sal-robert-muellers-investigation/1988662002/

That sound like a man who is after the truth to you? Or someone trying out for a spot on Trump's team? And if he doesn't deliver, is there any doubt he will be sacked in a New York minute?

Obtw the President stated that he didn't know Whitaker held those opinions. Very trustworthy.

OK, so I read the link.

USA Today, owner of the Des Moine Register in Whitaker's home state, is pretty much in the game with "The Resistance".

Whitaker, imo, is standing firmly on the truth he believes. Looks like he's not a lifer in the DOJ afterall, so maybe I should not lump him with the "Deep Stater's Establishment", the unelected brahmins who know what's best for us low-life folks who have real jobs where we get fired for not doing what we should. I should prostrate myself when the coronets sound the flourish announcing royalty's presence, perhaps.

I think Whitaker is more my sort than most career bottomites in the bog.

I believe that Mueller has no credentials for his job, a very troubling and negative track record in his career, and huge glaring conflicts of interest, and needs to recuse himself. He, Rosenstein, and Comey, imo, are possibly the worst foxes we could find to guard our henhouse. If Mueller will do that, then I will rest my case and let a President nominate and seek to confirm an acceptable chief of the DOJ, with a view towards a more comprehensive program to review our international "friends". I think we do need some investigation of Russian, Chinese, and British (and many other, "lesser" wannabees) influence in our politics generally, in the context of global management operations, beginning with known payola harvesters like Hillary and Secretary of Trans Elaine Chou. Then we need to look at CA Senator Feinstein for her contacts with foreign interests. We as citizens need to reclaim our government and end the peddling of our American interests. I think a lot of our "public servants" are doing wrong. Even a lot of Republican collusionists who put global deal-making on a solidly personally-enriching path.

The Trump-Dumpsters who won't look at their own friends are not credible to me.

It's news to me that the steam catapults are "very reliable." I didn't work with them directly but they are very maintenance intensive and when they go down they go down hard. Since a carrier has 4 of them they can work around one or two down at a time, so the overall system is very reliable.

They aren't gentle. The first time I was in my workshop, which was just forward and below where one of the catapults was, and they did a dry fire of the catapult I about fell out of my chair. It sounds like something large just smashed into the ship. My shipmates had a good laugh. Of course I had the opportunity to laugh at those who came after me when they were in the shop the first time it happened. It jolts the entire ship. It's not nice to the aircraft, either.

Either Manafort has lost his marbles, or a presidential pardon is part of his future.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if a Presidential Pardon is used, it still goes down as a guilty mark. Doesn't it? And all the evidence collected can still be used in the broader investigation?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but even if a Presidential Pardon is used, it still goes down as a guilty mark. Doesn't it? And all the evidence collected can still be used in the broader investigation?
I think they have other evidence that Manafort could clarify or corroborate. How else would they know he is lying? So this is about holding him accountable. He is facing life in prison, 20 years to a 69 year old is pretty much that. No way he takes that chance, unless he is pretty sure of a pardon. Imho.

This is pretty interesting. The Guardian is reporting that Manafort had secret meetings with Assange, most recently in March, 2016. I note with interest what the infamous Steele Dossier has to say, because what it says would be reason enough to promise Manafort a pardon in return for Manafort lying to Mueller. And I do not, and never have, dismissed the Dossier 100%. Nor did our intelligence agencies. No surprise on my part if Steele hit the nail on the head. And no surprise if Mueller knows this full well....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...cret-talks-with-assange-in-ecuadorian-embassy

Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort held secret talks with Julian Assange inside the Ecuadorian embassy in London, and visited around the time he joined Trump’s campaign, the Guardian has been told.

Sources have said Manafort went to see Assange in 2013, 2015 and in spring 2016 – during the period when he was made a key figure in Trump’s push for the White House....

....One person familiar with WikiLeaks said Assange was motivated to damage the Democrats campaign because he believed a future Trump administration would be less likely to seek his extradition on possible charges of espionage. This fate had hung over Assange since 2010, when he released confidential US state department cables. It contributed to his decision to take refuge in the embassy.

According to the dossier written by the former MI6 officer Christopher Steele, Manafort was at the centre of a “well-developed conspiracy of cooperation” between the Trump campaign and Russia’s leadership. The two sides had a mutual interest in defeating Clinton, Steele wrote, whom Putin “hated and feared”.

In a memo written soon after the DNC emails were published, Steele said: “The [hacking] operation had been conducted with the full knowledge and support of Trump and senior members of his campaign team.”

This is pretty interesting. The Guardian is reporting that Manafort had secret meetings with Assange, most recently in March, 2016. I note with interest what the infamous Steele Dossier has to say, because what it says would be reason enough to promise Manafort a pardon in return for Manafort lying to Mueller. And I do not, and never have, dismissed the Dossier 100%. Nor did our intelligence agencies. No surprise on my part if Steele hit the nail on the head. And no surprise if Mueller knows this full well....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...cret-talks-with-assange-in-ecuadorian-embassy

Donald Trump’s former campaign manager Paul Manafort held secret talks with Julian Assange inside the Ecuadorian embassy in London, and visited around the time he joined Trump’s campaign, the Guardian has been told.

Sources have said Manafort went to see Assange in 2013, 2015 and in spring 2016 – during the period when he was made a key figure in Trump’s push for the White House....

....One person familiar with WikiLeaks said Assange was motivated to damage the Democrats campaign because he believed a future Trump administration would be less likely to seek his extradition on possible charges of espionage. This fate had hung over Assange since 2010, when he released confidential US state department cables. It contributed to his decision to take refuge in the embassy.

According to the dossier written by the former MI6 officer Christopher Steele, Manafort was at the centre of a “well-developed conspiracy of cooperation” between the Trump campaign and Russia’s leadership. The two sides had a mutual interest in defeating Clinton, Steele wrote, whom Putin “hated and feared”.

In a memo written soon after the DNC emails were published, Steele said: “The [hacking] operation had been conducted with the full knowledge and support of Trump and senior members of his campaign team.”

The part that got me was this:

Manafort’s 2016 visit to Assange lasted about 40 minutes, one source said, adding that the American was casually dressed when he exited the embassy, wearing sandy-coloured chinos, a cardigan and a light-coloured shirt.

Visitors normally register with embassy security guards and show their passports. Sources in Ecuador, however, say Manafort was not logged.

That feels awfully specific. Like they've been able to verify it through surveillance cameras, and can produce a log book void of Manafort's name.

GAME ON!

https://observer.com/2018/11/ecuadorian-intelligence-paul-manafort-julian-assange-dnc-hack/

Ecuadorian intelligence claims WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange met with former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort in London.

In an internal document obtained by The Guardian, the country’s Senain intelligence agency describes Paul Manafort as one of several well-known guests to visit Assange at London’s Ecuadorian embassy, along with unspecified “Russians.” Sources in Ecuador tell the publication that Manafort’s visit to the embassy was not logged.

Either Manafort has lost his marbles, or a presidential pardon is part of his future.
Yep.

NY Times reporting that Manafort's lawyers have been briefing the president's lawyers on what he was saying to the Mueller investigation.

"WASHINGTON — A lawyer for Paul Manafort, the president’s onetime campaign chairman, repeatedly briefed President Trump’s lawyers on his client’s discussions with federal investigators after Mr. Manafort agreed to cooperate with the special counsel, according to one of Mr. Trump’s lawyers and two other people familiar with the conversations.
The arrangement was highly unusual and inflamed tensions with the special counsel’s office when prosecutors discovered it after Mr. Manafort began cooperating two months ago, the people said. Some legal experts speculated that it was a bid by Mr. Manafort for a presidential pardon even as he worked with the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, in hopes of a lighter sentence."

Yep.

NY Times reporting that Manafort's lawyers have been briefing the president's lawyers on what he was saying to the Mueller investigation.

"WASHINGTON — A lawyer for Paul Manafort, the president’s onetime campaign chairman, repeatedly briefed President Trump’s lawyers on his client’s discussions with federal investigators after Mr. Manafort agreed to cooperate with the special counsel, according to one of Mr. Trump’s lawyers and two other people familiar with the conversations.
The arrangement was highly unusual and inflamed tensions with the special counsel’s office when prosecutors discovered it after Mr. Manafort began cooperating two months ago, the people said. Some legal experts speculated that it was a bid by Mr. Manafort for a presidential pardon even as he worked with the special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, in hopes of a lighter sentence."

PS
Would post the link...if only I could figure out how to do it. Lol