What's new

Donald Fires FBI Director who's investigating Russian Election Hacking

Breaking news?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...gent-maria-butina-likely-plead-guilty-n946026

Alleged Russian agent Maria Butina is likely to plead guilty as soon as this week, according to court papers filed Monday.

Lawyers for Butina and the Justice Department say in the court filing that her criminal case has been "resolved."

The two sides have been negotiating a possible plea deal in recent weeks.

Butina, 30, is accused of acting as an agent of Russia in the Washington, D.C. area and faces charges of conspiracy and failing to register as a foreign agent.

What does it mean? I don't fully know yet. But it seems to link(albeit vaguely) the NRA with Butina, Butina with Torshin, Torshin to Putin.

You gotta think Trump will end up in prison too.
Yeah, I really wonder if he resigns in the hopes that Pence pardons him. He could be indicted for the crimes Cohen plead guilty to the day he leaves office, if he isn't reelected, although I'd prefer if the SDNY indicts him before then. I think we should take a second look at the idea that a sitting president can't be indicted tbh. My understanding is the justice department memos on this were written by appointees of Nixon, and later Clinton. Seems like a reevaluation is needed.

And in a development related to the Trump administration's anti-immigrant policy, Trump is moving to remove from protected status, Vietnamese immigrants who arrived in the United States prior to 1995. This would include refugees from the Vietnam War. Many such refugees are people who helped our forces during the Vietnam War. This is not the way to demonstrate our gratitude to these people, and both they, and their children would not be welcomed in Vietnam. This is something that probably could have its own thread, but there is just so much to keep track of with this administration, that can generate outrage, and something like this can just be swamped by so many other newsworthy developments. It's almost "as an aside", but should not be.

IMHO, this is terrible. Who's next, the Hmong of Southeast Asia, who also aided American forces?

https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...ald-trump-deport-vietnam-war-refugees/577993/

"Many pre-1995 arrivals, all of whom were previously protected under the 2008 agreement by both the administrations of Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, were refugees from the Vietnam War. Some are the children of those who once allied with American and South Vietnamese forces, an attribute that renders them undesirable to the current regime in Hanoi, which imputes anti-regime beliefs to the children of those who opposed North Vietnam. This anti-Communist constituency includes minorities such as the children of the American-allied Montagnards, who are persecuted in Vietnam for both their ethnicity and Christian religion."

And in a development related to the Trump administration's anti-immigrant policy, Trump is moving to remove from protected status, Vietnamese immigrants who arrived in the United States prior to 1995. This would include refugees from the Vietnam War. Many such refugees are people who helped our forces during the Vietnam War. This is not the way to demonstrate our gratitude to these people, and both they, and their children would not be welcomed in Vietnam. This is something that probably could have its own thread, but there is just so much to keep track of with this administration, that can generate outrage, and something like this can just be swamped by so many other newsworthy developments. It's almost "as an aside", but should not be.

IMHO, this is terrible. Who's next, the Hmong of Southeast Asia, who also aided American forces?

https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...ald-trump-deport-vietnam-war-refugees/577993/

"Many pre-1995 arrivals, all of whom were previously protected under the 2008 agreement by both the administrations of Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama, were refugees from the Vietnam War. Some are the children of those who once allied with American and South Vietnamese forces, an attribute that renders them undesirable to the current regime in Hanoi, which imputes anti-regime beliefs to the children of those who opposed North Vietnam. This anti-Communist constituency includes minorities such as the children of the American-allied Montagnards, who are persecuted in Vietnam for both their ethnicity and Christian religion."
Pretty ****ed up.
I'm sure Dutch approves though

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Why oh why would a charitable organization be forced to dissolve under Judicial direction and, only distribute its remaining charitable assets to reputable organizations approved by the NYSAG's office?

Mr. Trump used charitable assets to pay off the legal obligations of entities he controlled, to promote Trump hotels, to purchase personal items, and to support his presidential election campaign.

Oh yeah. There's that...

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...FCa-sT-QQBDB1phiYVDF-MRaFSPhcEfSDK2wMKV1xM4jI

Last edited:
A couple of developments that may at some point impact the Mueller probe.

Ethics officials at the Department of Justice have informed Acting AG Whitaker that he does not have to recuse himself from overseeing Mueller:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/12/20/...neral-robert-mueller-investigation/index.html

And Trump's nominee for AG, who will face Senate confirmation hearings in 2019, has stated in the past that Mueller's obstruction case is fundamentally flawed:

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/12/19/politics/bill-barr-comey-obstruction/index.html

You gotta think that Mueller has a plan for exactly what to do should the AG or acting AG abruptly order him to be shut down.

You gotta think that Mueller has a plan for exactly what to do should the AG or acting AG abruptly order him to be shut down.

I suspect a man of his stature has a low level nerd that scripts an email with his unfinished report to someone(s) if robbieM gets the axe.

Reports now saying ethics officials at Justice did advise Whitaker that he should recuse himself, but that Whitaker has declined to follow that advice.