What's new

Donald Fires FBI Director who's investigating Russian Election Hacking

Stop being ridiculously dogmatic. Jesus was not THE ORIGINAL DEMOCRAT.

Who claimed that he was?

It's pretty obvious from what many others are posting (thanks Jazzgal) that the right has continued to move further and further to the right into a complete rejection of tradition, process, scientific facts, and even basic facts about history. The ability of the right to even govern effectively has been hindered.

Just look at the legislation or lack thereof that's been passed despite having control of all 3 branches of government.

Today's democrats? Have taken the positions of yesterday's Republicans. Very few truly liberal and progressive democrats exist.

President obama was actually quite centrist. But a partisan hack like you won't ever admit it.

Australia isn't innocent.

We have one news propaganda machine, fueled by billionaires like your Rupert Murdoch and our Kochs. This propaganda machine exploits the worst in humans; fear, racism, and greed.

We have one political party that flat out rejects the notion that government can and should work in complex industrialized societies. Sorry, but a 19th century government isn't adequate for a 21st century society.

We have a significant portion of our populace that our right rejects facts, rational thought, and science.

So yes, we have serious problems.

lol Rupert Murdoch has been basically American forever. And pretty much every news service i've read or watched has a very obvious bias .. both ways.

We have a terrific health care system, standards of education, standard of living etc. Your health care has been perceived as a joke abroad for as long as i can remember regardless of who is in power. From where we view things, your healthcare system is irrepairable. Your politicians and political system a complex hot mess where only the lawyers prosper, and you have a hateful gulf between the right who are too self absorbed to be effective and the left who are too busy on their moral high horse labelling and categorizing everyone and everything that doesn't agree with their point of view. The fact that your whole election campaign featured nothing but a spiteful brawl between two comical figures is a damning indictment on the state of your once great country.

We should definitely build a wall.

And charge you extra for the benefit of having Joe Ingles for the time being.

I was pondering this all day....

"If the President (or any man for that matter) cannot be investigated throughly in an objective way by an impartial body, then there is something not right about the system itself."

The report here must be treated with extreme caution. I do not believe the report itself is simply fake news, and the two sources have been shown to be ahead of the curve in the past. But I doubt you'll see this talked about on any of the Sunday talk shows. I doubt the mainstream would touch this with a 10 foot pole at the moment. If this leak is originating from FBI sources, however, it might be seen as the FBI's revenge against Trump's almost certain BS that Comey told him he was not under investigation. Again, I don't think this is just a fake story, but we certainly cannot take the claims made at face value either...

https://www.inquisitr.com/4217064/d...inst-trump-will-become-basis-for-impeachment/

The report here must be treated with extreme caution. I do not believe the report itself is simply fake news, and the two sources have been shown to be ahead of the curve in the past. But I doubt you'll see this talked about on any of the Sunday talk shows. I doubt the mainstream would touch this with a 10 foot pole at the moment. If this leak is originating from FBI sources, however, it might be seen as the FBI's revenge against Trump's almost certain BS that Comey told him he was not under investigation. Again, I don't think this is just a fake story, but we certainly cannot take the claims made at face value either...

https://www.inquisitr.com/4217064/d...inst-trump-will-become-basis-for-impeachment/
If only this were true. I’m not saying it’s a complete fabrication, but for now it’s no more than wild rumor and wishful thinking, not a credible or convincingly sourced story.

We can only hope.

I think him firing the FBI director just sets an awful precedent. But like so much in politics lately, tradition, due process, and long term stability is blown off for short term gains. Unprecedented amounts of filibustering, stonewalling a SC pick for a year, downgrading our credit rating, and supporting a lunatic president who's politicizing the nation's top law enforcement agency.

When will moderate republicans finally call out Donald? His approval rating remains high among repubs. Are they living in an alt universe? As goebbels said, "repeat a lie often enough and it becomes truth." I just hope that a large segment of our population aren't brainwashed beyond recovery.

At some point enough pressure will be brought to bear from moderate repubs to their congressional reps, right? Colton, you live in Chaffetz's district, right? Are you happy with the way he's treated Donald with kid gloves?

Last edited:

I did a bunch of looking around the internet, and amongst a bunch of loony articles I found this pretty level headed one on this possible sealed indictment.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/geekreply.com/politics/2017/05/14/trump-indictment-story/amp

Case in point. GOP bad, democrat good. Black and white thinking in a largely gray world.

This is dangerous no matter who is thinking it. We've come to a point where the political sides are more divided, and less compromise is possible.
Which means we all lose.

I'm always wary of anyone who claims the other side is completely crap, and has nothing to offer. Especially away from the politicians themselves, and on core beliefs and values. Both the right and left have validity in their core beliefs. It's how we compromise, and treat the other side which shows our true character. I want to vote out corporate politicians which exist on both sides of the aisle.

Who claimed that he was?

It's pretty obvious from what many others are posting (thanks Jazzgal) that the right has continued to move further and further to the right into a complete rejection of tradition, process, scientific facts, and even basic facts about history. The ability of the right to even govern effectively has been hindered.

Just look at the legislation or lack thereof that's been passed despite having control of all 3 branches of government.

Today's democrats? Have taken the positions of yesterday's Republicans. Very few truly liberal and progressive democrats exist.

President obama was actually quite centrist. But a partisan hack like you won't ever admit it.

The fact that you 1) cannot see your true position in the spectrum and that 2) you identify literally EVERYONE who expresses any disagreement with you as a "partisan hack" shows exactly how dogmatic your beliefs are. You have passed from the realm of politics to religion in this regard. But I will give credit where it is due, you are a true believer in the ******** that the left spews.

Notice, I have said NOTHING regarding any kind of lack of ******** spewed by the right, of which there is an equal amount at least. I have also never implied I support Trump in any way, and in fact I have said repeatedly that I would far prefer Hillary to Trump, and indeed voted independently in this election, yet I will again be lumped in with the mythical "repubs" of Thriller's imagined world, since if you aren't with us, you must be an evil moron regardless of your actual political inclinations, which we cannot be bothered to ascertain since the witch hunt is in full force.

This is dangerous no matter who is thinking it. We've come to a point where the political sides are more divided, and less compromise is possible.
Which means we all lose.

I'm always wary of anyone who claims the other side is completely crap, and has nothing to offer. Especially away from the politicians themselves, and on core beliefs and values. Both the right and left have validity in their core beliefs. It's how we compromise, and treat the other side which shows our true character. I want to vote out corporate politicians which exist on both sides of the aisle.

Exactly. Well-said.

The hits just keep on coming . . .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/ar-BBBaWuJ

President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said that Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information Trump relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said that Trump’s decision to do so risks cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and National Security Agency.

“This is code-word information,” said a U.S. official familiar with the matter, using terminology that refers to one of the highest classification levels used by American spy agencies. Trump “revealed more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies.”

. . .

and my favorite part:

In his meeting with Lavrov, Trump seemed to be boasting about his inside knowledge of the looming threat. “I get great intel. I have people brief me on great intel every day,” Trump said, according to an official with knowledge of the exchange.

Edit: A White House denial is in process. Will be interesting to see what happens here. Maybe I'm spreading fake news . . .

Last edited:
The hits just keep on coming . . .

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-revealed-highly-classified-information-to-russian-foreign-minister-and-ambassador/ar-BBBaWuJ

and my favorite part:

Edit: A White House denial is in process. Will be interesting to see what happens here. Maybe I'm spreading fake news . . .

The dude just likes the sound of his own voice, and he likes for people to feel like he knows things. So he will continually do this **** because it strokes his ego to let things "slip", like name-dropping from ordinary people. "I was out to lunch the other day with Dan Stevenson. He is the VP of Somethingsomething you know. Anyway Danny. All his friends call him Danny. So anyway..." That is Trump but now he does it with state secrets. Good hell. All they need is someone he wants to impress to ask if he knows the nuclear launch codes. "I know so many nuclear launch codes. Nobody has more nuclear launch codes. That is the most confidential stuff. Classified. That’s classified. So the launch codes are..."

The fact that you 1) cannot see your true position in the spectrum and that 2) you identify literally EVERYONE who expresses any disagreement with you as a "partisan hack" shows exactly how dogmatic your beliefs are. You have passed from the realm of politics to religion in this regard. But I will give credit where it is due, you are a true believer in the ******** that the left spews.

Notice, I have said NOTHING regarding any kind of lack of ******** spewed by the right, of which there is an equal amount at least. I have also never implied I support Trump in any way, and in fact I have said repeatedly that I would far prefer Hillary to Trump, and indeed voted independently in this election, yet I will again be lumped in with the mythical "repubs" of Thriller's imagined world, since if you aren't with us, you must be an evil moron regardless of your actual political inclinations, which we cannot be bothered to ascertain since the witch hunt is in full force.

common sense.. welcome

I think him firing the FBI director just sets an awful precedent. But like so much in politics lately, tradition, due process, and long term stability is blown off for short term gains. Unprecedented amounts of filibustering, stonewalling a SC pick for a year, downgrading our credit rating, and supporting a lunatic president who's politicizing the nation's top law enforcement agency.

When will moderate republicans finally call out Donald? His approval rating remains high among repubs. Are they living in an alt universe? As goebbels said, "repeat a lie often enough and it becomes truth." I just hope that a large segment of our population aren't brainwashed beyond recovery.

At some point enough pressure will be brought to bear from moderate repubs to their congressional reps, right? Colton, you live in Chaffetz's district, right? Are you happy with the way he's treated Donald with kid gloves?

Didn't Billy fire an FBI director ?? for "ethical concerns" if i remember correctly lol

The rebuttal:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-latest-officials-deny-trump-revealed-classified-info/ar-BBBbbt4?li=AA5a8k&ocid=spartanntp

Top administration officials are denying a report that President Donald Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian officials during a meeting at the White House last week.
Secretary of State Rex Tillerson says Trump discussed "the nature of specific threats" during the meeting, "but they did not discuss sources, methods or military operations."
National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster says, "At no time were any intelligence sources or methods discussed."
And Deputy National Security Adviser Dina Powell says flatly, "This story is false" and says the president "only discussed the common threats that both countries faced."
The Washington Post cited current and former U.S. officials who said Trump shared details about an Islamic State terror threat with the Russian foreign minister and Russian ambassador.

I will be heavily disappointed if he didn't brag about the "great intel" he gets.

It's incredibly telling that two Trump administration officials felt the need to make the point that no methods or sources were revealed, which the WaPo story doesn't assert, rather than address the actual substance of the story.

Sent from my SM-G935V using JazzFanz mobile app

If you are the leader of a country how confident are you that the Intel you share with the US will remain secure in light of this story? Remember this wasn't intel the US had gathered. It was intel shared with us by a middle eastern country with inside knowledge of ISIS ops.

I mean it would be bad enough if Trump shared this stuff with some random country. But Russia?!

It boggles the mind that a person could be so clueless.

Sent from my SM-G935V using JazzFanz mobile app

Welp... I don't think this is anything new though, right? We knew what kind of man he is before the election, didn't we? I mean, are we even surprised by this?!?!

I mean, I'd be shocked if he was able to keep quiet and had kept all the security info to himself.

It's par for the course, really....