What's new

Donald Fires FBI Director who's investigating Russian Election Hacking

Welp... I don't think this is anything new though, right? We knew what kind of man he is before the election, didn't we? I mean, are we even surprised by this?!?!

I mean, I'd be shocked if he was able to keep quiet and had kept all the security info to himself.

It's par for the course, really....
Sad but mostly true. I mean who here was surprised at the story of Trump bragging about his great intel? Even if it's not completely accurate (which it may well be) it says a lot that no one was surprised by it.

Welp... I don't think this is anything new though, right? We knew what kind of man he is before the election, didn't we? I mean, are we even surprised by this?!?!

I mean, I'd be shocked if he was able to keep quiet and had kept all the security info to himself.

His supporters constantly insisted that because he's soooo wealthy that he is obviously extremely intelligent.

It certainly isn't surprising to anyone who was paying a modicum of attention during the election.

It's still ****ing terrible.

Sent from my SM-G935V using JazzFanz mobile app

His supporters constantly insisted that because he's soooo wealthy that he is obviously extremely intelligent.

I'm pretty sure he has a relatively high IQ, but on the flipside I've heard somewhere that someone with a high IQ generally tends to have a lower EQ ....

I think being able to keep a secret is more to do with EQ than IQ, i.e., having a high EQ means you can control your emotions, not getting too excited by situations, etc. Him firing all the staffs when they displease him to me is to do with him having a low EQ.

So I still think this is consistent with what we knew him to be. He is intelligent, he just can't keep his emotions in check.

So, the day after firing Comey, and at the personal request of Vladimir Putin, Trump hosted the Russian ambassador and Foreign Minister In the Oval Office, and provided them with code word level intelligence, intel so sensitive it is not shared with other allies, intel so sensitive it is tightly restricted within the US government as well, and which allows the Russians to back engineer the intel to figure out who the individual agent or agents were in the city Trump named, but which city the Washington Post did not reveal, (nor did they reveal much of the content, out of security concerns, i.e. the Post handled the info better then the President did), and the Russians can figure out what US ally that agent or agents were gathering intelligence for, and that partner expected the intel to be protected, and Trump gave it away, and, if we know Trump at all by now, he was probably just showing off, telling the Russians, according to the Washington Post "I get great intel. I have people brief me on great intel every day", this after calling the former FBI director a "showboat", and this after calling for Hillary to be "locked up" for emailing classified info that was nowhere near as sensitive as the code word level intel Trump treated so casually. And back in July, Paul Ryan, in speaking of Clinton, said that people who are "extremely careless" with classified intel should not have access to it. And this will alienate both our own intel services and that of our partners, both of whom will be reluctant to pass on intel to the Chief Executive in the future, something the Wall Street Journal said was in fact being discussed by our intel services months ago, in our intel services belief that Trump cannot be trusted with handling classified material. That about it?

So, the day after firing Comey, and at the personal request of Vladimir Putin, Trump hosted the Russian ambassador and Foreign Minister In the Oval Office, and provided them with code word level intelligence, intel so sensitive it is not shared with other allies, intel so sensitive it is tightly restricted within the US government as well, and which allows the Russians to back engineer the intel to figure out who the individual agent or agents were in the city Trump named, but which city the Washington Post did not reveal, (nor did they reveal much of the content, out of security concerns, i.e. the Post handled the info better then the President did), and the Russians can figure out what US ally that agent or agents were gathering intelligence for, and that partner expected the intel to be protected, and Trump gave it away, and, if we know Trump at all by now, he was probably just showing off, telling the Russians, according to the Washington Post "I get great intel. I have people brief me on great intel every day", this after calling the former FBI director a "showboat", and this after calling for Hillary to be "locked up" for emailing classified info that was nowhere near as sensitive as the code word level intel Trump treated so casually. And back in July, Paul Ryan, in speaking of Clinton, said that people who are "extremely careless" with classified intel should not have access to it. And this will alienate both our own intel services and that of our partners, both of whom will be reluctant to pass on intel to the Chief Executive in the future, something the Wall Street Journal said was in fact being discussed by our intel services months ago, in our intel services belief that Trump cannot be trusted with handling classified material. That about it?

Trump really should document his time in the White House as part of a reality TV show. I'm pretty sure it'll even top The Apprentice, it just has so many twists and turns, and it's just so unreal.

I just have to laugh. The right was up in arms about classified info on a private server, but now its ok to just leak classified information?

Lock them both up?

Trump really should document his time in the White House as part of a reality TV show. I'm pretty sure it'll even top The Apprentice, it just has so many twists and turns, and it's just so unreal.

I know I've already told this story but I have a relative that worked for Trump in an executive position - it is impossible to communicate with the man. He has a force field of yes men and brown nosers that is completely impenetrable - and this was about 30 years ago!

We've all heard of the liberal and conservative bubble which both exist - we now have a president that's been in his own personal bubble for (probably) his entire adult life.

This country is truly in uncharted territories.

He's apparently admitted it on Twitter this morning. His advisors must get so tired of cover-ups that get blown because he has to brag about his power.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using JazzFanz mobile app

No, Trump did the wrong thing for the wrong reason.

Trump will not serve his full term, Dutch. I will bet you any amount of money you'd like.

Trump was a huge mistake.

Almost willing to accept this debt, but I lack the income.

Republicans are total wusses, and are sitting with their thumbs up their asses. MaverickMcCain would let Trump piss all over his dust-collecting corpse before he'd vote to impeach him.

I just have to laugh. The right was up in arms about classified info on a private server, but now its ok to just leak classified information?

Lock them both up?
The hypocrisy is on both sides. The left minimized Hillary's security breaches, and now they are up in arms about this.

Personally I think you should be consistent. Either get outraged by both (my position) or else say both are ok.

The hypocrisy is on both sides. The left minimized Hillary's security breaches, and now they are up in arms about this.

Personally I think you should be consistent. Either get outraged by both (my position) or else say both are ok.
It does get tiring watching each party bash the other and then do the same things as soon as they can.

Still, Hillary's breach of security doesn't compare because she wasn't purposely trying to disburse confidential information. Trump is doing so and bragging about it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-he-has-absolute-right-to-release-terrorism-info-to-russians/ar-BBBchy7?li=BBnb7Kz

WASHINGTON – One day after reports he leaked "highly classified information" to top Russian officials, President Trump defended his right to share "facts" about terrorism and airline safety as part of a joint counterterrorism effort to fight the Islamic State.

"As President I wanted to share with Russia (at an openly scheduled W.H. meeting) which I have the absolute right to do, facts pertaining to terrorism and airline flight safety," Trump said in a pair of tweets. "Humanitarian reasons, plus I want Russia to greatly step up their fight against ISIS & terrorism."

. . .

Notably, neither Trump nor his advisers have explicitly denied the president shared classified intelligence.

American presidents have the power to unilaterally disclose any material — even the most secret intelligence — without going through any kind of formal process, or worrying about prosecution. While Trump is correct to say he has an "absolute right" to share any information he wants, experts say that strategy can be risky — especially because allies could lose their trust in the U.S. ability to keep secrets and might stop sharing valuable intelligence with their American counterparts.

Rep. Adam Schiff, D-Calif., the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, said Trump is missing the point when he cites the right to discuss sensitive information. "Mr. President," Schiff tweeted, "this isn't about your 'rights,' but your responsibilities. You could jeopardize our sources, relationships and security."

It does get tiring watching each party bash the other and then do the same things as soon as they can.

Still, Hillary's breach of security doesn't compare because she wasn't purposely trying to disburse confidential information. Trump is doing so and bragging about it.

Both of these are correct.

On the other hand, Trump's action was almost certainly not illegal, whereas there's an excellent case that Hillary's was.

and therein lies the American fallacy....

Not only that, but in reality he has significantly under-performed the market since the 1980s. Had he stuck his fortune into a mutual fund he'd be twice as wealthy today.

Question I have is this: If any secure info was shared was it intentional based off a thorough review or was it loose lips?

If it is loose lips I put it in the same stupid boat as the emails. If it was intentional then isn't that the jurisdiction of the President?

Question I have is this: If any secure info was shared was it intentional based off a thorough review or was it loose lips?

If it is loose lips I put it in the same stupid boat as the emails. If it was intentional then isn't that the jurisdiction of the President?

Maybe you should listen to Popovich's rant about Pachulia and manslaughter. :p