What's new

Donald is about to go through some things...

Nope, still not going through some things.
And I’m not holding my breath….

Weissman argued that the evidence from the hearings “describes a multiprong conspiracy — what prosecutors term a hub and spoke conspiracy — in which the Ellipse speech by President [Donald] Trump and the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol were just one ‘spoke’ of a grander scheme.” He went on to explain that “what I have seen in this inquiry is not typical behavior from the Justice Department.” And in light of news reports indicating that prosecutors were “astonished” by the testimony of Mark Meadows aide Cassidy Hutchinson, Weissmann expressed serious doubts about whether the department is doing what it should be doing and pursuing “a robust investigation into the facts.”

As it happens, the New York Times on Monday published a news account that dovetailed neatly with Weissmann’s concerns. In it, the Times reported that Hutchinson’s testimony had “jolted top Justice Department officials into discussing the topic of Mr. Trump more directly, at times in the presence of Attorney General Merrick B. Garland and Deputy Attorney General Lisa O. Monaco,” and that department officials “talked about the pressure that the testimony created to scrutinize Mr. Trump’s potential criminal culpability and whether he intended to break the law.” It was not a reassuring account for those of us who have long harbored concerns about the scope and pace of the department’s investigation.

Last edited:
Steve “Big Mouth” Bannon…..

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OxNoUnxN_cs

Why anyone would think this bozo is fit to lead our country yet again speaks to the hive mentality of people who can't think for themselves and believe that they're somehow wronged because someone told them to. Amazing how many people have the wool pulled over their eyes.

Republicans would do well to find someone (anyone) else to run in 2024 as I think they'd be the frontrunner if it comes to them or Biden 2.0. A Biden vs. Trump matchup is literally the worst thing this country could do to ourselves.

And I’m not holding my breath….

I think all sides agree that Merrick Garland is a corrupt individual who clearly believes that some people are above the law. Hunter Biden is on video, and on email, and on government forms breaking federal law but everyone knows there is zero chance he'll be prosecuted for anything so long as Merrick Garland is the head of the DOJ. The proclivity for prosecuting the everyday people in the riot while looking the other way for the elites is standard operating procedure in Garland's DOJ. He'll employ anti-terrorism laws against unruly parents at school board meetings but it is hands off for anyone in, or related to anyone, in government power.

Why anyone would think this bozo is fit to lead our country yet again speaks to the hive mentality of people who can't think for themselves and believe that they're somehow wronged because someone told them to. Amazing how many people have the wool pulled over their eyes.

Republicans would do well to find someone (anyone) else to run in 2024 as I think they'd be the frontrunner if it comes to them or Biden 2.0. A Biden vs. Trump matchup is literally the worst thing this country could do to ourselves.
Well, I think DeSantis is going to run and get the R nomination. He's a pile of **** in my opinion but he's a competent pile of **** and a full grown adult so... I don't know, better than Trump but will probably be more effective at moving the U.S. towards authoritarianism.

Hunter Biden is on video, and on email, and on government forms breaking federal law but everyone knows there is zero chance he'll be prosecuted for anything so long as Merrick Garland is the head of the DOJ.
Do you have a li9nk to a list that is recent enough to matter?

The proclivity for prosecuting the everyday people in the riot while looking the other way for the elites is standard operating procedure in Garland's DOJ.
Every DoJ.

He'll employ anti-terrorism laws against unruly parents at school board meetings
This is a lie.

Not really. You could have an authoritarian from the left. Instead, you have a pretty standard centrist Democrat, Biden. I think the focus needs to be on Congress. If you’re frustrated that your desired policies aren’t being implemented, look at the House and Senate. The Senate has been paralyzed for two decades now. It’s where good legislation that the country needs goes to die. The filibuster is an authoritarian’s dream in that it frustrates small-democrats and fuels cynicism in our democratic system.

Of course, Americans can’t be bothered to learn about how their country works. So it’s just easier to bitch about the president rather than take responsibility for sitting on their asses on election nights while others elected morons into Congress. Seriously, ask any Utahn to list 3 pieces of legislation that Chris Stewart and Mike Lee have passed that have benefitted them. Both of these folks have been in Congress for years… yet, what have they accomplished?

I keep preaching it everywhere I can......... We need an age limit at the upper spectrum to run for president. They already have an age limit for the lower ages. We need to set an age limit of 70 or 65 or something that you have to be under to even run for president. Neither of these fools would be running in 2024.
There already are age limits, they’re called primaries and general elections. Unfortunately, Americans are too busy watching boobs, sportsball, and hate speech on Facebook and Fox News to care about these things. Truth be told, I have no problem putting age limits on these things because Americans are too lazy to vote for better candidates. But ultimately no age limit is going to compensate for an electorate that mindlessly gets the majority of its information from a social network set up by a horny college student who wanted to rank coeds and a far right propaganda apparatus that is only comparable to the garbage seen in North Korea and Russia.

Nope, still not going through some things.
Kinda lays to waste the whole “deep state” and “Clinton” conspiracies, right? If the government really was run by liberal global elites and the Clintons, Trump would’ve been ruined a long time ago, right? Instead, we see things are a bit more complex. And if anything, the “deep state” of law enforcement leans right. Which… shouldn’t shock anyone who’s remotely familiar with law enforcement in this country.

There already are age limits, they’re called primaries and general elections. Unfortunately, Americans are too busy watching boobs, sportsball, and hate speech on Facebook and Fox News to care about these things. Truth be told, I have no problem putting age limits on these things because Americans are too lazy to vote for better candidates. But ultimately no age limit is going to compensate for an electorate that mindlessly gets the majority of its information from a social network set up by a horny college student who wanted to rank coeds and a far right propaganda apparatus that is only comparable to the garbage seen in North Korea and Russia.
Nah, primaries full of old folks too. Dont let senior citizens who should be retired or working as walmart greeters run for president. Just makes too much sense.

Nah, primaries full of old folks too. Dont let senior citizens who should be retired or working as walmart greeters run for president. Just makes too much sense.
Part of the problem in the Democratic party has been that there appears to be a seniority system where a politician does their time and then says "it's my turn to be the Presidential candidate." Like when Hillary got the nomination. She ran against Obama in the Primaries and nothing the Democrat establishment could do could stop him from jumping the line, so in 2016 it was clear that the DNC was going to ram-rod Hillary through as the nominee and she was literally the only person in the world who could have lost that election to Trump. Then in 2020 there was an interesting field of candidates, none of them particularly electrifying but there were some people with actual ideas and passion in the field. But no, the DNC had decided Biden was the safe bet and he had done his time so it was his turn. The 2020 election was way closer than it should have been. Give people a younger person with energy and big ideas and it's a landslide. But now I get to watch Biden fall over on his bike.

I'm sorry but the only chance Democrats have in 2024 is if Biden decides not to run or he dies. I'm not wishing for his death but I'm also not wanting my choice in 2024 to be Trump or Biden. Best case is Biden and Trump both die a peaceful death in their sleep due to old age and DeSantis gets exposed as a podophile and secret abortion doctor. I only add the abortion doctor thing because I needed something that would actually keep Republicans from voting for him.

Part of the problem in the Democratic party has been that there appears to be a seniority system where a politician does their time and then says "it's my turn to be the Presidential candidate." Like when Hillary got the nomination. She ran against Obama in the Primaries and nothing the Democrat establishment could do could stop him from jumping the line, so in 2016 it was clear that the DNC was going to ram-rod Hillary through as the nominee and she was literally the only person in the world who could have lost that election to Trump. Then in 2020 there was an interesting field of candidates, none of them particularly electrifying but there were some people with actual ideas and passion in the field. But no, the DNC had decided Biden was the safe bet and he had done his time so it was his turn. The 2020 election was way closer than it should have been. Give people a younger person with energy and big ideas and it's a landslide. But now I get to watch Biden fall over on his bike.

I'm sorry but the only chance Democrats have in 2024 is if Biden decides not to run or he dies. I'm not wishing for his death but I'm also not wanting my choice in 2024 to be Trump or Biden. Best case is Biden and Trump both die a peaceful death in their sleep due to old age and DeSantis gets exposed as a podophile and secret abortion doctor. I only add the abortion doctor thing because I needed something that would actually keep Republicans from voting for him.
Good post

This is largely because all the political parties care about is who they think they can get elected, they don't give a flying **** about what's best for the country or even their constituencies. They care about this next election and that's it. Maybe look forward enough to the next mid -terms but that's about it. The only ideas that matter are the ideas that rile up the electorate enough to get the votes to win. Even Obama, although I agree he did jump the line of seniority, but the main reason he was pushed through was they saw him as more electable than Hilary. In the end, as sad as it may be, Hilary was probably their best bet against Trump. The other candidates were better from a let's do stuff in the presidency standpoint, but they had zero chance of mobilizing their electorate to get the votes. As it was the Hilary loss was both very close and a surprise to many pundits for this very reason.

So in this next election cycle you bet your bottom dollar that both sides will try to push whatever candidate has a chance at getting elected. They don't give a **** if the guy is really qanon incarnate as long as they can garner the vote. We have long ago left the world of public service behind. It's now fully service to the party and nothing else. It's a travesty we have allowed it to devolve this much.

This struck me as a great way to start off my weekend on as depressing a note as I could imagine. God help us, this is going to be a nightmare….

This could literally be earth-shattering depending on what they try to do. If they somehow imbue the VP with the power to essentially override the EC then that could bode very very badly for the future of our country. Not long before a tyranny would install itself. Sounds like the moves Putin made in Russia to take total control for decades.