What's new

Donald is about to go through some things...

So is he going through things yet?

I'm really starting to not trust this ****.
Are you finally figuring out The Thriller is almost always wrong? The guy is a moron. He works backwards when forming opinions. The Thriller decides and then seeks information to support the decision he made before he had information. Any information that runs counter to the decision he made in total ignorance is discarded rather than causing him to rethink the decision.

It doesn't matter if it is how the economy is headed, or inflation, or Trump imminently going through some stuff, or the release date for MI6. The Thriller is an idiot who lacks the capacity for critical thinking. That cat looks at this board as a place he can repost his twitter feed and thinks himself clever by capitalizing every other letter of some exclamation he thinks conservatives say.

It is a strange quirk of humans that they seem unable to tell when they are idiots. The Thriller is the perfect test case. If you reading this wonder if you are an idiot, if you ever read something The Thriller posted and thought it a good point then I'm sorry to have to break the bad news but you are probably an idiot. Kudos to Gameface for figuring this out.

The Thriller is an idiot who lacks the capacity for critical thinking.
I was thinking the same thing, when he has been posting about "Getting rid of the filibuster". He has no long term thought process on this action. Yes, right now he will get his wish list of legislation, but the minute the right takes control he will be whining every day. He can't think of the consequences when one party has full control and use it to target their parties opposition(either side...they both will abuse it). It sounds great reading or hearing the idea.
This government with a full control and no filibuster will be a disaster. Even the current president said "Getting rid of the filibuster has long-term consequences. If there is one thing I have learned in my years here, once you change the rules and surrender the Senates institutional power you never get it back".
You would have thought that Thriller would have learned that the removal of the "nuclear option" (thanks Dems) and then the extension (thanks Reps) have both been terrible ideas. Both sides warned about it then and there will be more now advising not to move forward on it. But Thriller can't critically think about the big term issues that will arise, because he has a hard-on due to idea about the left having full power.

I was thinking the same thing, when he has been posting about "Getting rid of the filibuster". He has no long term thought process on this action. Yes, right now he will get his wish list of legislation, but the minute the right takes control he will be whining every day. He can't think of the consequences when one party has full control and use it to target their parties opposition(either side...they both will abuse it). It sounds great reading or hearing the idea.
This government with a full control and no filibuster will be a disaster. Even the current president said "Getting rid of the filibuster has long-term consequences. If there is one thing I have learned in my years here, once you change the rules and surrender the Senates institutional power you never get it back".
You would have thought that Thriller would have learned that the removal of the "nuclear option" (thanks Dems) and then the extension (thanks Reps) have both been terrible ideas. Both sides warned about it then and there will be more now advising not to move forward on it. But Thriller can't critically think about the big term issues that will arise, because he has a hard-on due to idea about the left having full power.
Well the general idea is common on both extreme ends of the spectrum. Once their side gets in power, they want to remove all checks and balances so they can keep that power. It has nothing to do with serving the best good of the country, it has to do with who has power and how can they keep that power. There are plenty of acolytes of the left and right who would be happy to see an "augustus" declared from amongst their ranks who would then, of course, wield absolute power, with the title being handed down through their ranks to ensure their power for hundreds of years.

We have left the realm of "what is best for the republic" long ago. We are now firmly in the realm of "how can we hold onto the power" regardless of what is best for the republic and its citizenry. Hence, a low-life degenerate like Trump being such a strong cult of personality. The time is ripe for the warped and twisted to take power, because we gave up on voting for what is best for the people and began voting only for what sounds good to us on twitter, where the nuts reign supreme.

We are just thiiiiis far from a true idiocracy. The fall of the empire has begun, even before either side succeeded in electing an emperor.

I don’t know The Thriller, but from his posts, I believe he has a firm grasp of American history, as good a grasp as anyone posting in this section, IMO. And I’ve seen him put a good deal of effort in at times, in offering his knowledge of our history and our political life through time. There’s value there. I might also say if you’re not capable of being passionate at this point in our history, you’re sleepwalking through history. The man is passionate in his belief.

Of course, it’s likely not hard to understand that I would find his attacks on Republicans more on point, and not less. I’ve never hid how I felt about Trump.

But dismissing my defending Thriller because of political bias would miss my point entirely. I had some background in History many years ago, and in teaching History for awhile, and right now I want to speak only as someone with that background, and who believes that The Thriller often provides value with the historical perspective he brings to bear. Apart from any political slant whatsoever, he does know his American history.

Nor do I believe he is lacking in critical thinking skills. The sarcasm is overboard at times, and I don’t have to guess where he stands. But I believe he’s an intelligent man.

I don’t know The Thriller, but from his posts, I believe he has a firm grasp of American history, as good a grasp as anyone posting in this section, IMO. And I’ve seen him put a good deal of effort in at times, in offering his knowledge of our history and our political life through time. There’s value there. I might also say if you’re not capable of being passionate at this point in our history, you’re sleepwalking through history. The man is passionate in his belief.

Of course, it’s likely not hard to understand that I would find his attacks on Republicans more on point, and not less. I’ve never hid how I felt about Trump.

But dismissing my defending Thriller because of political bias would miss my point entirely. I had some background in History many years ago, and in teaching History for awhile, and right now I want to speak only as someone with that background, and who believes that The Thriller often provides value with the historical perspective he brings to bear. Apart from any political slant whatsoever, he does know his American history.

Nor do I believe he is lacking in critical thinking skills. The sarcasm is overboard at times, and I don’t have to guess where he stands. But I believe he’s an intelligent man.
Thanks, appreciate the comments here. I’m tempted to unblock the ppl who wrote the things you’re defending me from but I don’t think I even want to jump in. I suspect it’s more of the same garbage we’ve seen a hundred times before and I have no interest in feeding the those posters today.

Last edited:
Well the general idea is common on both extreme ends of the spectrum. Once their side gets in power, they want to remove all checks and balances so they can keep that power. It has nothing to do with serving the best good of the country, it has to do with who has power and how can they keep that power. There are plenty of acolytes of the left and right who would be happy to see an "augustus" declared from amongst their ranks who would then, of course, wield absolute power, with the title being handed down through their ranks to ensure their power for hundreds of years.

We have left the realm of "what is best for the republic" long ago. We are now firmly in the realm of "how can we hold onto the power" regardless of what is best for the republic and its citizenry. Hence, a low-life degenerate like Trump being such a strong cult of personality. The time is ripe for the warped and twisted to take power, because we gave up on voting for what is best for the people and began voting only for what sounds good to us on twitter, where the nuts reign supreme.

We are just thiiiiis far from a true idiocracy. The fall of the empire has begun, even before either side succeeded in electing an emperor.
False equivalency doesn’t help at all. “The left” isn’t changing election boards, passing voter suppression laws, or changing the courts so they can legislate without having to pass legislation. “The left” isn’t doxxing teachers for teaching about slavery and civil rights or banning books or attacking corporations for standing up for civil rights.

One party has given up on democracy and hopes to establish an authoritarian regime where they keep power no matter what the election results actually say, let’s not forget that.

But I believe he’s an intelligent man.
That guy, in another thread where LogGrad98 said how crazy high gas prices in California where, thought it the perfect place to advocate for passing more legislation to incentivize alternative forms of energy. The Thriller lacks the brain power to realize the state with the most legislation to incentivize alternative forms of energy and the state with the highest gas prices are the same state. Great solution Thriller! The neurons really connected the dots on that one!

There are smart people on the political right and on the political left. The Thriller isn't one of those people. He mostly cuts-and-pastes the content of other people that an algorithm curated for him.

I believe this thread and related Trump threads will be pretty busy come Friday. After Thursday night’s prime time hearing, there will be increased calls for the Justice Dept. to indict Trump. But, as well, the GOP counteroffensive is in full gear, many interviews on Trump friendly networks lined up already. That battle for the hearts and minds we’ve fought elsewhere will be coming home on this issue. I do recognize recent polls show less, not more, people feeling Trump was responsible for 1/6. But, on Thursday night, the **** will hit the fan like never before. We shall see what we shall see after Thursday night.

Then, regardless of what comes of all that, I suppose the GOP will take Congress back in November, and we can look fwd to bs Hunter Biden hearings, and certainly some push to impeach Biden. And all because one sociopathic egomaniac came to power in 2016, and one political party put party and fealty to a sociopath above their country. All this because the MAGA GOP just could not do the right thing when their man put himself above the rule of law. The histories written years from now will not be kind. Unless, of course, democracy is replaced by authoritarianism, and minority rule. The winners usually write the histories, after all. There are enough Americans who just don’t care to make that possible.

False equivalency doesn’t help at all. “The left” isn’t changing election boards, passing voter suppression laws, or changing the courts so they can legislate without having to pass legislation. “The left” isn’t doxxing teachers for teaching about slavery and civil rights or banning books or attacking corporations for standing up for civil rights.

One party has given up on democracy and hopes to establish an authoritarian regime where they keep power no matter what the election results actually say, let’s not forget that.
No false equivalency if you can remove your blinders and see what is being said instead of constantly filtering it through dogmatic extremist lenses. Both sides want complete power. They advocate for/threaten the "nuclear options" when in power, then want to eliminate it when they are not. They go about it differently, no doubt. That does not preclude the fact that both would eliminate checks and balances if they have the chance to keep that power. And it does not preclude the fact that in the past decade our politicians have been the absolute most divided in the history of voting records in this country, with both sides toeing the party line perfectly. Except Romney who has been a lone voice for reason among the republicans and a lone politician to actually cross party lines. Fact is, the focus of politics in this country have become getting and maintaining power. Long ago we gave up on meeting in the middle on, well, literally anything.

on Thursday night, the **** will hit the fan like never before. We shall see what we shall see after Thursday night.
Really? Like never before? More than December 7, 1942 or September 11, 2001? When Thursday night isn't bigger than the calls for action on 1/7 when Pelosi surrounded the capitol with the army and erected fences, will you take a breath? When it doesn't "hit the fan like never before", will you take a moment to examine if maybe you have become so caught up in this that you are saying silly things like it will "hit the fan like never before"? I know The Thriller won't because he's an NPC but I don't put you in that category even if I think you sometimes cling to pre-formed opinions too long.

And in 17 states, Republicans in the camp of Donald “I won the 2020 election” Trump are running for the office of Secretary of State. With some avenues to influencing the outcome in their state. That does concern me. Is there any good reason why I should trust any candidate for Secretary of State in their respective state when they believe Democrats stole the 2020 election, making Biden an illegitimate president?

I’ve been told, on this forum, that 1/6 was not important, simply because it stood no chance of succeeding. The SC would step in and prevent Trump from remaining in power. Is that really supposed to reassure me of anything?? Maybe that our institutions would have held had Trump somehow succeeded. But, the fact that we have always had peaceful transfers of power(not that there have not been serious irregularities at times. For instance, did the mob deliver Illinois for JFK in 1960? I honestly don’t know), means that we really cannot just ignore the fact that Trump did make an effort to prevent a peaceful transfer of power. Are we going to lower our ideals to the extent of actually saying “no biggie, it was a keystone cop level effort by Trump, let it go”?

And Secretary of State Republican candidates in 17 states who are on record as believing Donald Trump was the actual winner of the 2020 election. How reassuring for our future elections, assuming some of those 17 will be elected in their states.

I think after Thursday night’s first public hearing, it will in fact be a lot harder to think of 1/6, and events leading to it, as a keystone cop caper. A whole lot harder. It will be seen as the serious plan it was…..

Fact is, the focus of politics in this country have become getting and maintaining power. Long ago we gave up on meeting in the middle on, well, literally anything.
100% correct, but do you know why that is? Do you know what is driving the phenomenon? I'll give you a hint: It wasn't "all because one sociopathic egomaniac came to power in 2016".

Is that really supposed to reassure me of anything?? Maybe that our institutions would have held had Trump somehow succeeded.
Ding, ding, ding. Correct.

But, the fact that we have always had peaceful transfers of power
Then you had to go an ruin your run with some ahistorical nonsense. We fought a war over a transfer of power that lead to over 600,000 dead.

Sorry, but I simply don't believe that you ever had any intention of voting for any Republican Secretaries of State, especially in states that you don't live in.

Last edited:
No false equivalency if you can remove your blinders and see what is being said instead of constantly filtering it through dogmatic extremist lenses.
Could you provide me with some recent examples of me being dogmatic or extreme? I’d really like to see what you describe as being extreme. I try and provide facts with all of my opinions with real life examples. So I’m really interested in what you view to be ideologically based extremist opinions that I’ve recently expressed.
Both sides want complete power. They advocate for/threaten the "nuclear options" when in power, then want to eliminate it when they are not. They go about it differently, no doubt.
Do you have any recent examples of Democrats and Republicans doing this?

That does not preclude the fact that both would eliminate checks and balances if they have the chance to keep that power
Do you have recent examples of the two parties doing this?

And it does not preclude the fact that in the past decade our politicians have been the absolute most divided in the history of voting records in this country, with both sides toeing the party line perfectly
Except, one party is still within the normal partisan range while the other isn’t. I mean, you can’t blame Democrats for voting to keep health care for people while the other side is trying to take it away without any replacement. Right? Nor can you blame Democrats for voting for the ACA while Republicans after negotiating on it refused to because they wanted to make Obama a one term president. Right? I think you’re ignoring the fact that one party has given up on governing. In fact, the other has completely given up any dream of winning political arguments and is now laying the groundwork for minority rule and ignoring the results of elections.

Again, you claim that you are making a false equivalence. But I’m not seeing anything in your post to differentiate the two protocols parties. I’m not trying to insult you as you insulted me, but Is it really me who has the blinders on when you paint both parties as essentially the same?

Fact is, the focus of politics in this country have become getting and maintaining power. Long ago we gave up on meeting in the middle on, well, literally anything.
I think Changing demographics and the structural advantages given to rural white states and the authoritarian movement exploiting these changes is far more concerning. One political party still accepts free and fair elections to be a part of the game while one political party has rejected democracy. They are fine suppressing voters and rejecting what the majority of voters want and will overturn election results. Is that the society you want to live in?

Rest assured, if Republicans retake Congress this fall, they will make sure a Republican wins the White House no matter the election results in 2024. Is that what you want? Have we really forgotten the lessons of Jan 6 already? I guess it’s good that they’re holding hearings on that this week. It will be a good reminder to folks just how close we came to losing our democracy in 2021. I guess we’ll find out if we really saved it or if we just postponed it until 2025.

Last edited:
Really? Like never before? More than December 7, 1942 or September 11, 2001? When Thursday night isn't bigger than the calls for action on 1/7 when Pelosi surrounded the capitol with the army and erected fences, will you take a breath? When it doesn't "hit the fan like never before", will you take a moment to examine if maybe you have become so caught up in this that you are saying silly things like it will "hit the fan like never before"? I know The Thriller won't because he's an NPC but I don't put you in that category even if I think you sometimes cling to pre-formed opinions too long.

What the hell happened in 1942?

Siege of Stalingrad was pretty bleak in the winter of 1942. And “Midnight Cocktail” by Glenn Miller and his orchestra was pretty good. It finished #2 behind Bing Crosby’s “White Christmas.” Maybe that’s what the person was referring to? LOL

Duh

Dec. 7, 1942: US forces on Guadalcanal shell Japanese positions to mark Pearl Harbor anniversary.