What's new

Donovan Mitchell 71 points

The game before this he had 15 on 16 shots. Like, amazing game, historic game….Devin Booker has done this too…until Don wins the Cavs a championship and/or doesn’t leave them….I mean truth is he’s the same old Donovan. Great talent, capable of going off in a night in a big way, but still has his 20 points on 25 shots nights, and comes with lots of baggage and selfish leadership at the end of the end.
Yeah I also mentioned that... it was also against the same opponent.

Booker and Don are kinda the race in my eyes.. but Don doesn't belong in the top echelon. Even in the East there are 4 #1 guys who are clearly better and more dominant and "unstoppable" (Giannis, Tatum, Embiid and KD).

Definitely a little jealous. I have felt good about the trades and decision to rebuild, but seeing Don play this way does feed into the “what if” machine a bit. It’s like seeing your ex thrive in a new relationship.

Definitely a little jealous. I have felt good about the trades and decision to rebuild, but seeing Don play this way does feed into the “what if” machine a bit. It’s like seeing your ex thrive in a new relationship.
So, he’s trying harder on defense, but on a night to night basis he still pretty much the same guy. He has his 30 point nights, he has his 15 point nights. He had a historic 70 point night. Good for him, but I wouldn’t say he’s eons above the best Utah version of himself. Last year he totally mailed it in which I think gives a clouded perspective of how good he was at times here. Donovan’s talent or the fact some nights he can totally go off, isn’t the question. Can he get the Cavs any further than he did Utah? Time will tell, but I’d bet on 2nd round is as far as he gets there too. (BTW anyone notice when they cut from his postgame all those white fans in the crowd, bet that infuriated him…sorry had to).

Did he say he didn't want to be here?
All the local sport analysts said they felt he was gone at or near the end of the contract. I'm sure the front office felt the same way. Also everything he has said since the trade seems to back this narrative up.

I wonder what it would have taken to get Lauri from the cavs while keeping Mitchell. I bet based on that roster construction they would have had a lot of interest in Bogie or Royce. He was coming off a solid season for the cavs but nothing special so maybe one first as well.

He didn’t say it so I’m thankful for that, but the tea leaves seem to suggest he wanted out. But I guess that’s not something anyone can say for sure.
I’d say that his remarks regarding Utah and it’s response to his pro BLM “social activism” was confirmation enough. And I’m not taking any sides in this grievance either because though I did live there and didn’t experience what he’s referring to, I didn’t have his perspective either.
I’m jealous of the fact you can be happy for him. I wish I could, but all I can think about is the fact that he’s having a year ten times better than he ever had with us, hell even his defense and FG % is 10 times better. You’re just a better person than me
I agree with your assessment of his play this year as opposed to his time in Utah and most particularly last season. So much better imo, particularly his defense but also reflected in his assist numbers. But the part that’s really off the charts different is his clutch play this year! Night and day difference. I mean make your own conclusions but for me, from a holistic perspective (a performer is only as good as his audience), Snyder was not a clutch coach and by extension, did not imbue confidence or provide competent guidance in those situations.

I wonder what it would have taken to get Lauri from the cavs while keeping Mitchell. I bet based on that roster construction they would have had a lot of interest in Bogie or Royce. He was coming off a solid season for the cavs but nothing special so maybe one first as well.
No way was Lauri ever going to be traded in some lateral type move. He was way too good of an asset for the Cavs.

****ing beast last night in dramatic fashion. How anyone can complain about it, as if it didn't matter is laughable. Garland just became a little bit more available being hurt and out of the line up, when it happened , than he was before that game.

garland was out this game and cavs just let DM do his thing. they might have to trade garland for an elite 3D wing in the long run.
he became a little more available, but having both of them is probably far more advantageous for winning a ring. They have like 4 sf's they rotate all the time. None of them are ever locked in as the starter and none are more than 4th options, but all of them are hustle defenders that fit pretty well with the smaller guards and giant front court.
Mobley was also out hurt and Love got his minutes.

****ing beast last night in dramatic fashion. How anyone can complain about it, as if it didn't matter is laughable. Garland just became a little bit more available being hurt and out of the line up, when it happened , than he was before that game.
Yeah…and a few nights earlier was Donovan expendable because Garland dropped 50? I swear some of you are such live in the moment morons lol. Again…he’s had plenty of nights where he’s had as many or more shots than points this season too. Who’s complaining? He’s not on this team. He ain’t won anything but a 1st round playoff series and isn’t going to in Cleveland either.

Yeah…and a few nights earlier was Donovan expendable because Garland dropped 50? I swear some of you are such live in the moment morons lol. Again…he’s had plenty of nights where he’s had as many or more shots than points this season too. Who’s complaining? He’s not on this team. He ain’t won anything but a 1st round playoff series and isn’t going to in Cleveland either.
You have no idea what he is going to do, but he just gave you every reason to stfu last night. Instead it made you feel the need to try to talk it away as if he didn't. go home to wherever that is loser

You have no idea what he is going to do, but he just gave you every reason to stfu last night. Instead it made you feel the need to try to talk it away as if he didn't. go home to wherever that is loser
No he didn’t because the game before he did his whole more shots than points appearance lol. He dropped 50+ in the bubble and 40+ a bunch of times. Did us a lot of good when he quit didn’t it? Second round exits impending. He won’t accomplish **** in Cleveland either and will leave there too. I will bet you a fair sum he’s a 2nd round exit at the most this season, next season, then leaves and does the exact same garbage he did here. Enjoy. He has the capability of going off, that’s obvious and was before last night too lol. Let’s see him accomplish more than a 2nd round exit for his team.

More seriously, Cleveland use Don in a much better way we did. At Utah he was the one who want to do all. In Cavs, he is not passing much and he let Garland conductiong the game much more. As a result, he can focus on offense and also put a bit of effort on defense. I'm happy for him even i still think they will struggle at crutch tine later in the season.

Mitchell's heart left this team a couple years ago. He had times he was clutch and played defense here too, but they were in his early years. Now are his early years in Cleveland. It's still honeymoon time. Time will tell if this is different for him. Mitchell is a special player for sure. I'm glad he's somewhere his heart can be in it, and we seem to have some guys who's heart is here.

Sent from my SM-G996U using JazzFanz mobile app

Amazing player who had a legendary performance.

It will always be stupid that we traded him. Hardy and Don could have been a terrific pairing.

Go Jazz but always good luck Don from me.

Side note: Gobert is doing exactly what I said he would do.
Yeah…keep the guy who gave up for a full year of his $30 million a year contract and for an entire playoff series.(I mean he got pulled over and got given attitude by a cop….cry emoji……like the rest of us…plus he hates white people so cry for him)Really smart. You’re a moron, but everyone already knew that.