What's new

Donovan Mitchell 71 points

I'm very happy for him. Not surprised either. With a coach that sets up a system that fully supports him and makes up for his defensive lapses he is capable of true greatness. Too bad that wasn't Quin. And too bad he stated he never tried on defense. Oh well. Again, I'm very happy for him and very impressed.

this day and age of nba is trash compared to 80s and 90s or even early 2000s era there is either no defence or are players that much better seems to be more high scoring players than ever before what do you people think ?

garland was out this game and cavs just let DM do his thing. they might have to trade garland for an elite 3D wing in the long run.

Did he say he didn't want to be here?
He didn’t say it so I’m thankful for that, but the tea leaves seem to suggest he wanted out. But I guess that’s not something anyone can say for sure.
I'm very happy for him. Not surprised either. With a coach that sets up a system that fully supports him and makes up for his defensive lapses he is capable of true greatness. Too bad that wasn't Quin. And too bad he stated he never tried on defense. Oh well. Again, I'm very happy for him and very impressed.
I’m jealous of the fact you can be happy for him. I wish I could, but all I can think about is the fact that he’s having a year ten times better than he ever had with us, hell even his defense and FG % is 10 times better. You’re just a better person than me

To be fair, this season, Don has a +0.7 DBPM while Laurie’s is -1.0.
Are you stat picking for a Cavs player? Why are you in Jazz forums?

Also, Don plays with Jarrett Allen and Evan Mobley for crying out loud. Its actually pretty incredible that Lauri has +3.3 total BPM against Dons +3.6... while the other is surrounded by very mediocre players in a 19-20 team while the other is surrounded by very good players in a 24-14 team.

Let me try your thing also... To be fair, Lauri has overall defensive RAPTOR of +0.3 while Donovan has -0.8. Don on/off defensive RAPTOR is -1.7 while Lauri is +4.1.

Are you stat picking for a Cavs player? Why are you in Jazz forums?

Also, Don plays with Jarrett Allen and Evan Mobley for crying out loud. Its actually pretty incredible that Lauri has +3.3 total BPM against Dons +3.6... while the other is surrounded by very mediocre players in a 19-20 team while the other is surrounded by very good players in a 24-14 team.

Let me try your thing also... To be fair, Lauri has overall defensive RAPTOR of +0.3 while Donovan has -0.8. Don on/off defensive RAPTOR is -1.7 while Lauri is +4.1.
Don played with the GOAT defensive monster last year and still had negative defensive metrics across the board. Just pointing out that improvement can be made with the right scheme. Having a stick up your *** about Don became the trendy thing to do on this site, I get it. But you can move past that and appreciate strides he’s making.

Not a single GM would take Lauri over DM. Would’ve loved if we could have both of them.

Don played with the GOAT defensive monster last year and still had negative defensive metrics across the board. Just pointing out that improvement can be made with the right scheme. Having a stick up your *** about Don became the trendy thing to do on this site, I get it. But you can move past that and appreciate strides he’s making.

Not a single GM would take Lauri over DM. Would’ve loved if we could have both of them.
I dont disagree with you for the last parts. Nor do I disagree with you about him playing better defense this year. Definitely puts more effort in.

Also FYI, I'm not hating Don. In my mind I'm trying to act as a balancing voice with everyone going crazy over 1 game. If I'm wrong and he truely has arrived to the superstar level, then I'm just "in denial and negotiating with the loss of a true superstar". I dont really hate him though. Just bringing people down to earth.

I dont disagree with you for the last parts. Nor do I disagree with you about him playing better defense this year. Definitely puts more effort in.

Also FYI, I'm not hating Don. In my mind I'm trying to act as a balancing voice with everyone going crazy over 1 game. If I'm wrong and he truely has arrived to the superstar level, then I'm just "in denial and negotiating with the loss of a true superstar". I dont really hate him though. Just bringing people down to earth.
The game before this he had 15 on 16 shots. Like, amazing game, historic game….Devin Booker has done this too…until Don wins the Cavs a championship and/or doesn’t leave them….I mean truth is he’s the same old Donovan. Great talent, capable of going off in a night in a big way, but still has his 20 points on 25 shots nights, and comes with lots of baggage and selfish leadership at the end of the end.