What's new

Donovan Mitchell Trade Threads

I'm not sure when exactly he boned your sister Cy, and I agree Donovan could have been a little more forceful so far in diffusing rumors about wanting to leave, but the idea that a guy who can and fairly regularly does score 40-50 per game in the playoffs is disposable is neanderthal in its conception. Are you just trying to get attention, or did this cat actually personally wrong you at some point?

I'm not sure when exactly he boned your sister Cy, and I agree Donovan could have been a little more forceful so far in diffusing rumors about wanting to leave, but the idea that a guy who can and fairly regularly does score 40-50 per game in the playoffs is disposable is neanderthal in its conception. Are you just trying to get attention, or did this cat actually personally wrong you at some point?
I mean, I expect to get an absolute haul for him.

Jazz fans would laugh at a player like Mitchell 6 years ago. We despite selfish chuckers who played no D. That's not Jazz basketball we would say.

Now things have changed and it kind of sucks. I want to get back to Jazz basketball.

Jazz fans would laugh at a player like Mitchell 6 years ago. We despite selfish chuckers who played no D. That's not Jazz basketball we would say.

Now things have changed and it kind of sucks. I want to get back to Jazz basketball.
People around the league laugh at Rudy now. What's your point?

Jazz basketball is great regular season play and disappointment in the playoffs while keeping players past their trade value. We are playing Jazz basketball.

Jazz basketball is great regular season play and disappointment in the playoffs while keeping players past their trade value. We are playing Jazz basketball.
I put zero stock in jr high playground bullies pretending to be "men".

You are defending toxic masculinity. Take a step back and allow people to be vulnerable.

If we did ever trade DM or Rudy or both, I don't really want players, I'd rather just have picks knowing it's a complete rebuild from scratch.

Our team is no spring chicken.

I don’t know about DM trades, but there’s this:

Imagine ringing in the Smith/Ainge era with Porzingis.

If we did ever trade DM or Rudy or both, I don't really want players, I'd rather just have picks knowing it's a complete rebuild from scratch.

Our team is no spring chicken.
not just picks. ideally Pacers/Thunder model is the way to go. getting a proven prospect you can build your team around for the next 10 years like SGA/Haliburton instead of relying 100% on draft luck cuz you know how that's been going for the Jazz

If we traded one I’d be interested in Rudy for Ayton, then go after Jeramy grant. running it back with Don, ayton, grant, and bogey looks promising to me, then get some secondary playmaker to put next to Don that’s taller than 6’3”.

Don’t think if we trade one we are totally out, that seems like an over reaction to me.

If we traded one I’d be interested in Rudy for Ayton, then go after Jeramy grant. running it back with Don, ayton, grant, and bogey looks promising to me, then get some secondary playmaker to put next to Don that’s taller than 6’3”.

Don’t think if we trade one we are totally out, that seems like an over reaction to me.
Who’s going to get Ayton the ball?? This is a horrible idea

It sucks that we're even having this conversation. We have two all-stars under contract for three more years after this one. In a better world, we would be trying to figure out how to re-tool around them, not tear it all down. It's too bad Don and Rudy just can't seem to get along.

It sucks that we're even having this conversation. We have two all-stars under contract for three more years after this one. In a better world, we would be trying to figure out how to re-tool around them, not tear it all down. It's too bad Don and Rudy just can't seem to get along.
Said all along that 10 years down the road, DL, Quin, Ryan, and DM and Rudy (and some other players) will realize how much they took this current position for granted, realize how close they were, and how a lack of urgency caused everyone to absolutely squander these opportunities.

Every body seems to be speculating that Donovan wants to go to Knicks
But seems no body knows for certain not even Jazz FO
Maybe FO already knows and is not tipping their hand
If not why can't D Wade just ask Donovan what he wants
Then Jazz can proceed from there

A critical piece you haven’t mentioned is that because of how over-leveraged the Jazz are (and it really, really, REALLY did not have to be this way) with draft picks, the Jazz are backed into a corner with no way to improve.