What's new

Donovan Mitchell - We are lucky to have him

We have virtually always had and will continue to have a two party system.

The Clintons are not good, but to think there was a chance Trump could be better is inane.

It's that simple. Both of those things, they are just that simple.

Nations that have more than two-parties have parliamentary systems that allow for such things to exist.

Until that changes here (it won't), we're remaining a two party system.

What fixes our choices is not voting less, it's voting and being involved in politics more.

The United States has some of the very lowest turnout rates of any western power. If you're looking for a single issue to point to, it's that, or money in politics (which can't be meaningfully addressed unless the electorate purges it in the primaries, which can't happen if we continue to be so disengaged).

Trump is a product of our cynicism, not the two-party system. We are the cause of and cure for that.

Lastly, Donovan is of course right.

If you want to get rid of Trump sooner than later, just pull the damn blue lever in November. I have 0 confidence the Republicans have the moral courage to impeach someone of their own party. The only reason to think he hasn't committed such offenses (he fired director of the FBI for investigating him and said as much, and that's just what we know) is to give his completely hot-air filled defense credence.

Lastly, Donovan is of course right.

If you want to get rid of Trump sooner than later, just pull the damn blue lever in November. I have 0 confidence the Republicans have the moral courage to impeach someone of their own party. The only reason to think he hasn't committed such offenses (he fired director of the FBI for investigating him and said as much, and that's just what we know) is to give his completely hot-air filled defense credence.
The worst part is I think t will get worse. In November when he loses congress because hes fired up the people he constantly trolls, we will then have 2 years of constant attacks and fighting between the President and his blind sheep because he won’t be able to get anything done. Trump is bad for America. I don’t care who goes for him and who didn’t, maybe some of his policies aren’t but he is certainly one of the worst President for the social fabric of this country.

Back to basketball....love Donovan and he was 100% right.

There were no other candidates I wanted to support or vote for this past election. Votes outside of Hillary and Trump were all for naught too - 100%. This is why I'm so against a two party system and why it's annoying when people say you could have voted for someone else. Yeah, ok, buddy.

Nothing inherently wrong with a two party system. Young people complain about it because they don't vote in the primaries. Register and vote in them and you can help change the two main candidates into someones more palpable.

There were no other candidates I wanted to support or vote for this past election. Votes outside of Hillary and Trump were all for naught too - 100%. This is why I'm so against a two party system and why it's annoying when people say you could have voted for someone else. Yeah, ok, buddy.

When you go to the DMV and they ask if you want to donate a dollar to the presidential campaign fund what do you think it is for? Those dollars get handed out to a qualifying party in the next election.

Then there is ballot access. A party that gets enough votes in a state(# varies) typically gets automatic ballot access in the next election.

last election I voted third party cuz one I live in Utah and to I didn't believe that Trump could win. it just didn't seem reasonable to me to think that he could.

in 2018 and 2020 I will vote for Democrats across the board. I will reassess after Trump is gone. If he wins in 2020...OMG he better not. Ugh

This is from 2013.

How-Politics-Correlate-With-Sports-Interests_FULL.jpg
http://images.thepostgame.com/sites...tics-Correlate-With-Sports-Interests_FULL.jpg

The NBA needs to do a get out and vote campaign.

When you go to the DMV and they ask if you want to donate a dollar to the presidential campaign fund what do you think it is for? Those dollars get handed out to a qualifying party in the next election.

Then there is ballot access. A party that gets enough votes in a state(# varies) typically gets automatic ballot access in the next election.

last election I voted third party cuz one I live in Utah and to I didn't believe that Trump could win. it just didn't seem reasonable to me to think that he could.

in 2018 and 2020 I will vote for Democrats across the board. I will reassess after Trump is gone. If he wins in 2020...OMG he better not. Ugh
If he wins again, we're done. Like, as a species. The outlook was already grim a couple of years ago.

Given Trump's senseless anti-environmentalism, climate models, the U.S.'s power, and its peerless resource consumption, this is not a stretch.

Best case scenario, Trump getting re-elected will be the section in the history books that marks the fall of the American Empire (like the ascent of Commodus after Aurelius).

Voting matters. Don't piss on it.

I saw on Reddit Donovan met some guy and his kids and not only took a picture with them, but also let both his kids pick out 5 pairs of Stance Socks each and bought them for them. Donovan is the type of person that gives a bit of hope in this world. Moments like these where he treats people, and kids so good, are the moments you know how legitimately good of a man Donovan is. Something like that he probably would never assume would get on Reddit, Twitter, and here, but he’s just a good dude. I’m sure he’s done many other things we have no clue about. Way to be a great man Don, anyone who could dislike you for politics or something else, is a garbage person.

Edit:

News flash - *here's another way of saying why not voting made sense for me.*

I didn't vote for lots of reasons and I'm completely fine with it. I didn't vote because I was ill informed or apathetic or unpatriotic. I had my reasons and would still do the same thing over.

At the end of the day, especially after living in a third world country, I've always told myself regardless of party or person, I would do my best to support the U.S. and our president. Trump has definitely made this complicated, but I'm damn grateful to live in the US. I would feel the same if Hillary was voted in too.
Oh sorry, I didn't catch that you didn't vote at all .I thought you were saying that you had picked one of the two because you didn't want to "throw your vote away" by voting for a third party candidate. Sorry for misunderstanding and giving you my knee jerk reaction to that other situation

I didnt vote because I didn't like my options. Trump is a disgrace at times, but he is trying to do things differently than the same ole same ole politics before him. Climate was an issue before Trump. Race issues (Trayvon, Fergusen, etc.) were there before Trump. I think painting his admin so far as all bad is just CNN level biased. We still haven't seen the tax return implications from the economic changes made, ISIS does seem to be impacted, went to NK, etc.

I still wish we had a better option, but we didn't. Clinton would have been worse.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I didnt vote because I didn't like my options. Trump is a disgrace at times, but he is trying to do things differently than the same ole same ole politics before him. Climate was an issue before Trump. Race issues (Trayvon, Fergusen, etc.) were there before Trump. I think painting his admin so far as all bad is just CNN level biased. We still haven't seen the tax return implications from the economic changes made, ISIS does seem to be impacted, went to NK, etc.

I still wish we had a better option, but we didn't. Clinton would have been worse.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app
Please don't vote anymore.

I cringe at the way presidential primaries are managed. IIR--Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida and it is basically done. Those early results create the narrative then all the other states more or less fall in line.

I would like to see the order of primary elections vary each cycle, and concentrate more primaries in groups, say 5 primary voting days of 10-states each time. Now it doesn't matter for the democrats because they use super delegates to pick the candidate they want, but it could make a huge impact on the republicans. Trump may not have finished in the top 5 in an early Utah primary. True, Utah's delegate count is small, but had it happened early perhaps it would have changed the narrative surrounding the candidates and impacted subsequent primaries.

I cringe at the way presidential primaries are managed. IIR--Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Florida and it is basically done. Those early results create the narrative then all the other states more or less fall in line.

I would like to see the order of primary elections vary each cycle, and concentrate more primaries in groups, say 5 primary voting days of 10-states each time. Now it doesn't matter for the democrats because they use super delegates to pick the candidate they want, but it could make a huge impact on the republicans. Trump may not have finished in the top 5 in an early Utah primary. True, Utah's delegate count is small, but had it happened early perhaps it would have changed the narrative surrounding the candidates and impacted subsequent primaries.
I'm with you there. I also hate the caucus system that Utah uses.

Trump is an idiot. Certainly the most inept president in recent times.

I try to maintain an optimistic outlook on life, or find the silver lining of every cloud. I knew Trump was not what I would choose for a president, but I hoped his willingness to break political protocol and traditions would breath life into politics, open up discussion and debate about some of the protocols, and more or less force Americans to choose what we want to be. Perhaps, I was wrong to think he was challenging protocols for sound reasons. Sadly, I was also wrong to presume Americans would somehow find a common good and unite on some of the issues Trump tinkers with. I think the fear camps on both sides are firmly entrenched, with seemingly no way for a moderate from either party to make it to the final election.