What's new

Donovan Mitchell's nickname?

Pretty obvious "The Don" is by far the best nickname. I saw it here on the board first but don't remember who said it.

We should all just call him The Don and be done with it. I bet he'd love it.

I suggest that we think really hard about a new and totally fresh handle for Donovan. And after a period of thinking really hard, I think we should start calling him Young Blood. Thoughts?

I suggest that we think really hard about a new and totally fresh handle for Donovan. And after a period of thinking really hard, I think we should start calling him Young Blood. Thoughts?

I tried to not laugh. Failed.

In honor of the WORST nickname of all-time, The Trans DF Express:

The Don-inator
Don 't you mess with me!
Mitch Gonna Punk-Yo-***, Bitch!
Scratch That Mitch

The Van is the best worst nickname i have ever encountered in my life.

The VAN.

Elite trolling by OL.

I blame "Spida" on why he had such a rough start to his NBA career. Although, I can totally see him as Miles Morales in a Marvel movie.
The Donovan Effect
Donovan MitChill
Dominant Donovan

Meh, who am I kidding, those are just as ****ing bad as Spida.

Last edited:
Guys, srsly, Don Dada is the best one. I didn't make it up, someone else did, but its the best.

Look it up on urban dictionary

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

Don Dada
A combination of Don and Dada. Meaning the top pimp, the biggest player, and even one step above mack daddy.
"They call me the Don Dada
Pop a collar, drop a dollar if you hear me you can holla
Even rottweilers, follow, the Impala" - Ice Cube, Hello

"Who may not be original but still a don-dada (yeah!)
I'm gon' take this beat and flip it, I'm gon' make it hotter (yeah!)" - Nelly, River don't run

When I first went to Urban Dictionary I was expecting it to be something sexual or grotesque but not bad, not bad at all. We just need to start and keep calling him this and hope it sticks.

What's wrong with Spider/Spida?
Nothing. I like it.
I also like The Don, Don dada and spidaman.

I'm gonna use spida though

[TWEET]908088391274598400[/TWEET]
Where did Spida come from anyway? Sounds like a made-up self-appointed nickname. If it came from a high school coach or something that would be cool and I could get behind that but otherwise it was like, wasn't it D Will or CP3 that dictated their nickname in the media, twitter or something? Comes across as a move an ******* would make, tbh.

* this post brought to you by LG98

I don't know who coined the nickname, but it comes from early in his career.

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/908088391274598400

[TWEET]908088391274598400[/TWEET]

I don't know who coined the nickname, but it comes from early in his career.

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/908088391274598400

Spida doesn't really fit him in the NBA. HE said he got it because of his long arms... Maybe when he was younger and skinnier and shoulders hadn't broadened. He measures as having a big wingspan but looks proportionate and some of that is his shoulder width since his standing reach is ho-hum. Spider seems to be better name for players that actually look and play lengthy. Examples are Durantula, Giannis, kirilenko, tayshaun prince .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Spida doesn't really fit him in the NBA. HE said he got it because of his long arms... Maybe when he was younger and skinnier and shoulders hadn't broadened. He measures as having a big wingspan but looks proportionate and some of that is his shoulder width since his standing reach is ho-hum. Spider seems to be better name for players that actually look and play lengthy. Examples are Durantula, Giannis, kirilenko, tayshaun prince .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

True... Spiderman would be cool if he's leading the league in steals per game in 2-3 years time though.