What's new

Donovan playoff praise from media thread

This is so great:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...chell-turn-utah-jazz-go-scorer-check-tape-nba

"How is the communication going with Rudy?" Snyder asks. This question comes after a defensive clip, but it applies to offense as well.

"It's gotten better," Mitchell answers. "Even if what he's saying I don't really agree with, it's kind of just saying, 'OK,' so that he feels confident to keep [talking]."

"When you get married," Snyder says, "you'll realize that's how it works."

This is so great:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...chell-turn-utah-jazz-go-scorer-check-tape-nba

"How is the communication going with Rudy?" Snyder asks. This question comes after a defensive clip, but it applies to offense as well.

"It's gotten better," Mitchell answers. "Even if what he's saying I don't really agree with, it's kind of just saying, 'OK,' so that he feels confident to keep [talking]."

I just got done reading this article. Along with keeping Favors, the Jazz absolutely need to pay what it costs to keep Johnnie Bryant long term. That man is a key part of this team’s future success.

Oh. . . and also. . . Quin Snyder is a rockstar. Love his approach to player development. Makes me want to sit in on film sessions with Ricky Rubio too.

This is so great:

Fantastic article.

Donovan’s a media magnet, and so are the Jazz this season. They’ve gotten a lot of media coverage, beyond what I’ve probably ever seen from them. More than most small markets. If they win this series and Donovan continues to perform, his stardom will grow a ton this post season alone.

Locke made a comment on 1280 at one point that part of this is the fact that Donovan is willing to do a lot of these things whereas the guy who left never was. Essentially saying it’s hard to get media coverage when your guy wasn’t willing to do the media things.

Donovan’s a media magnet, and so are the Jazz this season. They’ve gotten a lot of media coverage, beyond what I’ve probably ever seen from them. More than most small markets. If they win this series and Donovan continues to perform, his stardom will grow a ton this post season alone.

Locke made a comment on 1280 at one point that part of this is the fact that Donovan is willing to do a lot of these things whereas the guy who left never was. Essentially saying it’s hard to get media coverage when your guy wasn’t willing to do the media things.
We saw this during the All-Star break as well. Utah didn’t have any All Star players, but Donovan got a TON of buzz from the Rising Stars and Slam Dunk contest.

He’s our version of Kobe. When he had that sequence where he missed the dunk, then had the goaltend right after. . . holy ****! You could see how pissed off he was. It was strait out of the Snyder GIFs.

All I could think of was “Wow. I’m glad he’s on our team. Donovan is pissed and he’s about to go off.” Playoff Mitchell is definitely “a thing” - watch out NBA. A Star is about to be born in Utah.

He's a leader... the other guy was great, but lacked a lot of social skills that are helpful when developing a team. DM is fully committed to the team and winning. I think Gordon was too, but our culture and leadership was in transition and he was smart enough to see some of our issues. When we corrected it I'm not sure he fully trusted it so he ran back to the first guy he trusted.

Sad thing is we would have loved the guy forever and he'd be perfect on this squad... he could still have success in Boston, but you think Brown or Tatum going to want to take a backseat to him? Kyrie didn't want to take a backseat to LBJ, so Gordo doesn't have a chance there. Gonna be tough to be an all star when you score 15 pts a night.

DM has the kind of charisma they will write leadership books about... the other guy is a hard worker who is mostly aloof. DM will bring people to help us win... the other guy felt he needed to go elsewhere and join someone else.

You ever see someone making horrible decisions and you just want to intervene... the way this has unfolded for Gordon may ultimately cost him money and hurt his legacy... the things I think he valued most in the move. Not all his fault of course.

This is great but OKC is listening to this. I know they are going to come after DM. I still love it.

This right here is the goal this post season IMO. Put Utah on the map of contenders and make free agents over the next 2-3 off seasons want to come here because they have a legit chance to win a title.

He's a leader... the other guy was great, but lacked a lot of social skills that are helpful when developing a team. DM is fully committed to the team and winning. I think Gordon was too, but our culture and leadership was in transition and he was smart enough to see some of our issues. When we corrected it I'm not sure he fully trusted it so he ran back to the first guy he trusted.

Sad thing is we would have loved the guy forever and he'd be perfect on this squad... he could still have success in Boston, but you think Brown or Tatum going to want to take a backseat to him? Kyrie didn't want to take a backseat to LBJ, so Gordo doesn't have a chance there. Gonna be tough to be an all star when you score 15 pts a night.

DM has the kind of charisma they will write leadership books about... the other guy is a hard worker who is mostly aloof. DM will bring people to help us win... the other guy felt he needed to go elsewhere and join someone else.

You ever see someone making horrible decisions and you just want to intervene... the way this has unfolded for Gordon may ultimately cost him money and hurt his legacy... the things I think he valued most in the move. Not all his fault of course.
Yep, hasn't worked out too well for the other guy.I bet he wishes he could take a Mulligan.