What's new

Donovan playoff praise from media thread

Somebody was talking about the ROY matchup between Mitchell and Simmons, and said something to the effect of “If Joel Embiid is The Process, then Ben Simmons is The Asterisk.”

I laughed my *** off. What would it take to get Adidas to make THAT sweatshirt?

He's a leader... the other guy was great, but lacked a lot of social skills that are helpful when developing a team. DM is fully committed to the team and winning. I think Gordon was too, but our culture and leadership was in transition and he was smart enough to see some of our issues. When we corrected it I'm not sure he fully trusted it so he ran back to the first guy he trusted.

DM has the kind of charisma they will write leadership books about... the other guy is a hard worker who is mostly aloof. DM will bring people to help us win... the other guy felt he needed to go elsewhere and join someone else.
July 4th will henceforth be celebrated as the day Utah gained independence from Gordon Hayward. He went to go have tea parties in Boston with Brad and the Jazz chose a new general to lead them.

July 4th will henceforth be celebrated as the day Utah gained independence from Gordon Hayward. He went to go have tea parties in Boston with Brad and the Jazz chose a new general to lead them.
This. I just wasn't as upset as most jazz fans, the guy was never that go-to put the ball in his hands with the game on the line. No way he is worth more than 20Mil a year. Last year in the playoffs it was ISO Joe with the shots down the stretch.

D-Will was alright but not since Stockton and Malone have I had such confidence of us winning when the game is close and we need a basket. DM is that guy.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using JazzFanz mobile app

^And no way does Donovan develop like he has with Gordon as the primary option. The player I really underestimated was Ingles. He's stepped into the SF position and I think his 2-way contribution almost matches what Hayward gave Utah. Joe is a much better defender.

^And no way does Donovan develop like he has with Gordon as the primary option. The player I really underestimated was Ingles. He's stepped into the SF position and I think his 2-way contribution almost matches what Hayward gave Utah. Joe is a much better defender.
No way Hayward would be able to put so many other players on tilt like Ingles does. That **** actually affects games in a positive way for the Jazz.

He's a leader... the other guy was great, but lacked a lot of social skills that are helpful when developing a team. DM is fully committed to the team and winning. I think Gordon was too, but our culture and leadership was in transition and he was smart enough to see some of our issues. When we corrected it I'm not sure he fully trusted it so he ran back to the first guy he trusted.

Sad thing is we would have loved the guy forever and he'd be perfect on this squad... he could still have success in Boston, but you think Brown or Tatum going to want to take a backseat to him? Kyrie didn't want to take a backseat to LBJ, so Gordo doesn't have a chance there. Gonna be tough to be an all star when you score 15 pts a night.

DM has the kind of charisma they will write leadership books about... the other guy is a hard worker who is mostly aloof. DM will bring people to help us win... the other guy felt he needed to go elsewhere and join someone else.

You ever see someone making horrible decisions and you just want to intervene... the way this has unfolded for Gordon may ultimately cost him money and hurt his legacy... the things I think he valued most in the move. Not all his fault of course.

I wonder what his parents think. Haywards dad in particular seems really level headed, and a great guy. A lot of us read that article where he said he's still a jazz fan.

Well....you have to wonder. His dad has seen how awesome this team has become, and how much potential they have. How much heart they play with, and how they play for each other. Do you think his dad probably sees what an opportunity missed this was for his son? The fans adored him. The media wasn't harsh on him (until he left). His number was all but guaranteed to hang in the rafters had he signed another deal with us.

I believe deep down inside his dad probably wished he stayed with us. We are the better situation, and better team environment long term. His son is young, and wanted more excitement. Well, sometimes the grass isn't always greener, it's just your uniforms.

I know the narrative has been DM wouldn’t develop like he has.... I believed this too. However my opinion has been changing as I have watched him play. I am beginning to believe that his skill/work ethic would have forced the offensive system to become more team focused rather than A Hayward as the primary. DM has just been that good.

I don’t buy the narrative that Hayward would have stunted his growth. Donovan forced Hood to the bench. He would have risen no matter what. He’s just that good.

Ya, Hayward would have had to taken a bit of a lesser role.

I don't think the group would be as close as it is with Haywood on it. He definitively would have had his feelings hurt with the rising popularity of Donovan and that would have caused tension in the locker room.

One show on ESPN, can’t remember which, said “watch this postgame interview of Donovan. Even if you have no heart you have to love this kid”
I can’t agree more, he is so damn likeable. And it’s all real. Nothings fake. We got a superstar in our hands. He’s a Star right now turning into a superstar

No way Hayward would be able to put so many other players on tilt like Ingles does. That **** actually affects games in a positive way for the Jazz.
Somehow it's underrated the amount of **** that Joe Ingles talks and how much he doesn't give a f about mixing it up. ****ing aussie mix-master.

Hayward didn't talk to players ever. Like when he went to team USA practice with all of his peers he just sat in his car between practices and wondered why no one talked to him. Like maybe because you're sitting in a Camry texting Jeremy Evans instead of roasting and getting roasted with KD and Carmelo and LeBron.

Donovan Mitchell - Organization Killer.

After tonight, what's the over/under on Clay Bennett and Co consider selling the Thunder?

One show on ESPN, can’t remember which, said “watch this postgame interview of Donovan. Even if you have no heart you have to love this kid”
I can’t agree more, he is so damn likeable. And it’s all real. Nothings fake. We got a superstar in our hands. He’s a Star right now turning into a superstar

I live near Sacramento and play pickup ball out here a lot... everyone knows I'm a Jazz fan (used to have an awesome connection at Oracle that would pilfer Jazz stuff for me) It feels like a month ago I was telling people you see what DM is doing... people were like who... now everyone like hey lets talk about Donovan. My favorite thing is telling Kings fans they passed on him... twice! They are straight beaten down and it is not as much fun to mock them... the Tyreke Evans rookie year was the best for that.

Donovan Mitchell - Organization Killer.

After tonight, what's the over/under on Clay Bennett and Co consider selling the Thunder?

That $25M luxury tax bill gonna suck! You are welcome Seattle.

Once in a while you get to see he’s still just a kid. Laughing every time Rubio gets asked a question in Spanish, it’s just nice to see at those moments he’s genuinly just a fun, loving, happy kid, and Jazz fans can take real comforting in knowing that’s genuinly him. There’s not many people that seem too perfect to be true that actually are, but Donovan is one of those people that are as good as they seem.

I live near Sacramento and play pickup ball out here a lot... everyone knows I'm a Jazz fan (used to have an awesome connection at Oracle that would pilfer Jazz stuff for me) It feels like a month ago I was telling people you see what DM is doing... people were like who... now everyone like hey lets talk about Donovan. My favorite thing is telling Kings fans they passed on him... twice! They are straight beaten down and it is not as much fun to mock them... the Tyreke Evans rookie year was the best for that.
Donovan was laughing as he pulled Crowder away from Adams in the scuffle. It made me like him even more. Protect your team-mate but at the same time remind them it is a game, we are supposed to be having fun. Not sure what made him laugh, but it might have just been how surreal it must be to be in your first NBA bench-clearing kerfuffle.

Donovan was laughing as he pulled Crowder away from Adams in the scuffle. It made me like him even more. Protect your team-mate but at the same time remind them it is a game, we are supposed to be having fun. Not sure what made him laugh, but it might have just been how surreal it must be to be in your first NBA bench-clearing kerfuffle.

It was a smile of approval and happiness... clearly we had broken them mentally at that point.