What's new

Don's Value

I think we as fans need to stop listening to onebitch. I mean oneye. He doesn’t know **** and is trying to rock the boat. Maybe Don didn’t sign his son’s jersey. But let’s not listen to his BS. No one but him has said anything about him leaving. Until it comes from the horses mouth I’m going to continue to believe Don wants to be here. Don winning here is worth more than going to a big market and winning. To be the one player to bring a championship to the Utah Jazz would make him immortal. And worth more than winning with a market that’s already won without him.
Jay Williams, Windhorst, several other nation reporters have mentioned it? Like no, it’s not just me saying it sorry. Local media has even taken a change to what they say as far as his long term future here lol. You can dislike my abrasive approach, but there’s plenty of people who have said it, and Donovan’s attitude has done a 180 on being here over the past year. All of you want to believe he’s still that rookie that PR’d this market into loving him, he ain’t the same, and it’s not hard to see if you look objectively even for 5 minutes.

Jay Williams, Windhorst, several other nation reporters have mentioned it? Like no, it’s not just me saying it sorry. Local media has even taken a change to what they say as far as his long term future here lol. You can dislike my abrasive approach, but there’s plenty of people who have said it, and Donovan’s attitude has done a 180 on being here over the past year. All of you want to believe he’s still that rookie that PR’d this market into loving him, he ain’t the same, and it’s not hard to see if you look objectively even for 5 minutes.

They never said he hates the state and or hates the fans. You are a toxic poster and a negative Nancy. Of course the NBA media is going to make comments about getting a legit star out of Utah of all places. But yet he could have said no to the extension if that was that case. We have him for 4 more years, so let us enjoy him while we can. If he leaves after than fine. But spreading BS that you know nothing about is not cool.

It's pretty unheard of to trade a player like Mitchell at the current year of his contract with the amount of years he has left on his deal at his age, so I have no idea.

Also, Donovan is really ****ing good, but he isn't generational top 5 talent type great. It'd be hard for me to give up all my draft picks just to get him if I'm OKC.

I guess the exception would be if OKC can get Kawhi Leonard to agree to sign with them this year under the condition they were able to get Mitchell. That way you could have Mitchell/SGA/Lenoard, but Mitchell/SGA isnt putting you over the top.

They never said he hates the state and or hates the fans. You are a toxic poster and a negative Nancy. Of course the NBA media is going to make comments about getting a legit star out of Utah of all places. But yet he could have said no to the extension if that was that case. We have him for 4 more years, so let us enjoy him while we can. If he leaves after than fine. But spreading BS that you know nothing about is not cool.
On the exact same podcast that Windhorst said the Wade thing, Shane Young, the co-host who also works for ESPN said “I’m also not sure how much affinity for the market he has” and yes Jay Williams did say basically that when he went on with Bill O’Reilly on ESPN 700 when he had him on the day after he said he didn’t see Mitchell in Utah in a couple years. In the past year why don’t you name one thing he’s said or done to refute what I say.

In the past year he has:
-Thrown Rudy under the bus for months
-didn’t even bother to sign his $200 million contract in person and didn’t say one thing about the community, fanbase, or organization during his media availability after signing it. You watched his PR show the 1st 2 years he was here, he isn’t just not saying that stuff anymore by accident. Everything Donovan does is intentional, he’s extremely smart, especially with PR.
-fought hard for a player option
-threw a fit over the medical staff
-skipped out on exit interviews as the face of the franchise and made sure he was outta here ASAP.

There’s plenty else, but we’ll stop there. Now let’s do you, name one positive thing he’s said in the past year about the organization or fanbase. I don’t need a list, name one time in the past year he’s been positive in any way.

On the exact same podcast that Windhorst said the Wade thing, Shane Young, the co-host who also works for ESPN said “I’m also not sure how much affinity for the market he has” and yes Jay Williams did say basically that when he went on with Bill O’Reilly on ESPN 700 when he had him on the day after he said he didn’t see Mitchell in Utah in a couple years. In the past year why don’t you name one thing he’s said or done to refute what I say.

In the past year he has:
-Thrown Rudy under the bus for months
-didn’t even bother to sign his $200 million contract in person and didn’t say one thing about the community, fanbase, or organization during his media availability after signing it. You watched his PR show the 1st 2 years he was here, he isn’t just not saying that stuff anymore by accident. Everything Donovan does is intentional, he’s extremely smart, especially with PR.
-fought hard for a player option
-threw a fit over the medical staff
-skipped out on exit interviews as the face of the franchise and made sure he was outta here ASAP.

There’s plenty else, but we’ll stop there. Now let’s do you, name one positive thing he’s said in the past year about the organization or fanbase. I don’t need a list, name one time in the past year he’s been positive in any way.

Lol but never said he hated the fan base or the state as you said you lying filth. It isn’t about what others say it’s their opinion. It’s about you spreading untruthful things about him. You! Nothing more. You can’t defend your posts about him hating the fan base or the state because he hasn’t said it. But you post it as fact and spew diarrhea of the mouth as if you have a personal agenda against him. It’s sad really.

Last edited:
Don's pretty much invaluable for the Jazz as he should be since he is great. I don't know how a team that wants to contend can trade for him without hurting their chance to contend because they burned so many assets.

It's pretty unheard of to trade a player like Mitchell at the current year of his contract with the amount of years he has left on his deal at his age, so I have no idea.

Also, Donovan is really ****ing good, but he isn't generational top 5 talent type great. It'd be hard for me to give up all my draft picks just to get him if I'm OKC.

I guess the exception would be if OKC can get Kawhi Leonard to agree to sign with them this year under the condition they were able to get Mitchell. That way you could have Mitchell/SGA/Lenoard, but Mitchell/SGA isnt putting you over the top.
If we traded to OKC i think SGA would have to be part of the package back me thinks

If we traded to OKC i think SGA would have to be part of the package back me thinks
No way OKC would do it then. Why would they trade a player? If you are trading DOnovan, it's to straight up tank, no other reason. If OKC is trading all their picks for him, it's to pair him with stars, not trade stars. That's the only way a trade for Donovan to a team makes any sense.

Also, SGA is potentially better than Mitchell, so it would be crazy for the Thunder to trade him and a wealth of picks for Mitchell

Lol but never said he hated the fan base or the state as you said you lying filth. It isn’t about what others say it’s their opinion. It’s about you spreading untruthful things about him. You! Nothing more. You can’t defend your posts about him hating the fan base or the state because he hasn’t said it. But you post it as fact and spew diarrhea of the mouth as if you have a personal agenda against him. It’s sad really.
Do you really expect him to just flat out say it lol?……Of course he isn’t going to say it, especially while he’s here. He wants a clean/good guy image. It’s called smoke, and where there’s smoke, there’s usually fire.

Also, SGA is potentially better than Mitchell, so it would be crazy for the Thunder to trade him and a wealth of picks for Mitchell
SGA will not be better than Donovan.

tenor.gif

It is criminal how much Don is undervalued by this fan base.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app
Define undervalued. I think he is valued very highly but I also think it is more than clear that DM has cooled greatly on the Jazz and the fanbase. At least he is making it clear where as Hayward tried to play along. Hope it changes but I will be surprised if he has a change of heart. And it doesn't help attract other talent when your star feels that way.

It's wild people are up in arms over SGA (possibly) being better than Don. SGA put up an insanely efficient year for a 3rd year guard, something Don didnt even do. And he actually tries on the defensive end plus he's a better passer. If SGA can up his 3 point shot attempts without losing his ability to draw fouls, he's clearly a better offensive player than Mitchell. Plus he's nearly 2 full years younger than Mitchell.

Basically the only case for Mitchell being better is team success, but that's mostly due to Rudy Gobert's massive impact.

OKC would straight up laugh at you if you asked them for a bundle of picks and SGA for Mitchell.

I'd think they'd probably say no to Mitchell for SGA straight up potentially.

If the Thunder offered the Jazz any number of picks and SGA for Mitchell, they'd be crazy to turn it down.

Define undervalued. I think he is valued very highly but I also think it is more than clear that DM has cooled greatly on the Jazz and the fanbase. At least he is making it clear where as Hayward tried to play along. Hope it changes but I will be surprised if he has a change of heart. And it doesn't help attract other talent when your star feels that way.
Donovan Mitchell is a top 10 NBA player. I don't think there is any doubt of that now. If anybody questions that, then they are undervaluing him. He simply takes over playoff games unlike almost any other in the league. With Conley or without, he's still dominant. With or without Bojan, he was still dominant. His numbers this postseason were completely off the charts. His postseason output his first 4 years are unlike almost any in the history of the game.

When we have a great season, the narrative is always centered around Rudy. And in many ways, rightfully so. We build the whole thing around Rudy and it works in the regular season. When our system gets blown up in the postseason either by personnel or coaching, Don is still dominant. Actually, he's even more dominant. He literally carries us.

Without Paul, Booker couldn't lead his team anywhere. SGA is a solid player, but he's throwing up stats on a joke team.

Watch a Jazz game. We constantly run things away from Don. For Conley. For Joe. For Rudy. And that's fine in the regular season. But some playoff time, we turn to the guy who can get it done. And we still haven't even built the whole thing around him yet. Just imagine if the team reflected an emphasis on Don like it has been Rudy.

Don is undervalued because most people around here still think our chances of a title revolve around Rudy. They are wrong.