What's new

Draft day predictions

If you were GM and you knew Hayward was going to leave would you do a 3 way trade that sent Rudy to Boston picks to NYC and Porzingis here?

Half the board with say they love the picks and the picks are going to be studs. The other half will start a fire DL thread and promise to find another team. It doesn't matter the picks will disappoint in summer league and the conversation will turn to how we can trade our picks and half the roster for PG or Butler or LJ etc. As much as I love the draft, i try to keep my expectations low and realistic. I am hoping the Jazz can get a decent contributor with one of our picks. I will be shocked if we make a significant trade or move up.

Guys I love who the Jazz have no chance of getting Monk, Josh Jackson, Tatum, Fox. I like Mitchell and Kennard but don't love either. Where the Jazz are currently drafting, I like Frank Jackson. Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Semi, Kurzma, Caleb S. Josh Hart, frank mason. Don't know enough to hate guys especially where we are picking because I am hoping for a good role player.

Last edited:
Who did you want at 5? I asked about the entire draft night.
Re: the entire draft night, that #5 pick was a huge deal for the Jazz, kinda overshadowed a solid pick at 23. I wanted basically anybody but Exum. I wouldn't have taken him top 15. We talk about players we "hate" in the draft, he was my guy in that one.

half the board with say they love the picks and the picks are going to be studs. The other have will start a fire DL thread and promise to find another team. It doesn't matter the picks will disappoint in summer league and the conversation will turn to how we can trade our picks and half the roster for PG or Butler or LJ etc. As much as I love the draft, i try to keep my expectations low and realistic. I am hoping the Jazz can get a decent contributor with one of our picks. I will be shocked if we make a significant trade or move up.

Guys I love who the Jazz have no chance of getting Monk, Josh Jackson, Tatum, Fox. I like Mitchell and Kennard but don't love either. Where the Jazz are currently drafting, I like Frank Jackson. Derrick White, Jordan Bell, Semi, Kurzma, Caleb S. Josh Hart, frank mason. Don't know enough to hate guys especially where we are picking because I am hoping for a good role player.

Very good post. Top of the draft isn't happening. Butler isn't happening. Porzingis isn't happening.

I think we take Ojeleye unless someone they like more drops. If they want PG then Frank Jackson.

Re: the entire draft night, that #5 pick was a huge deal for the Jazz, kinda overshadowed a solid pick at 23. I wanted basically anybody but Exum. I wouldn't have taken him top 15. We talk about players we "hate" in the draft, he was my guy in that one.

Fair enough. I mean look at who was behind him...

Smart, Randle, Stauskas, Vonleh, Payton, McDermott, Saric, Lavine, Warren, Payne

Obviously a top 5 pick is always a huge deal. I guess for me I definitely think he was the best prospect on draft night.

Fair enough. I mean look at who was behind him...

Smart, Randle, Stauskas, Vonleh, Payton, McDermott, Saric, Lavine, Warren, Payne

Obviously a top 5 pick is always a huge deal. I guess for me I definitely think he was the best prospect on draft night.
You weren't alone. I was on an island regarding Exum. You, other fans, draft gurus, GMs, everybody seemed to agree he was a top 5 pick, at least top 10.

I still hope he proves me wrong one day, ftr.

You weren't alone. I was on an island regarding Exum. You, other fans, draft gurus, GMs, everybody seemed to agree he was a top 5 pick, at least top 10.

I still hope he proves me wrong one day, ftr.

Well in hindsight what could we have done with the pick other than him? Needed a PG, and a young PG prospect fell into our lap after Magic selected Gordon. May still be the best prospect of the next 10 picks I listed

Well in hindsight what could we have done with the pick other than him? Needed a PG, and a young PG prospect fell into our lap after Magic selected Gordon. May still be the best prospect of the next 10 picks I listed
iirc sjf liked Randle and smart.
I liked Gordon a ton. I was someone who hated Exum but understood why they made that pick and I didn't really like anyone besides embiid, wiggins, and Gordon, so even though I was bummed to get X I wasn't mad at the jazz for picking him.