What's new

Draft day trades

Gortat and the 15 for Burks was on a trade board. I'd totally take it then draft a stash guy with 21 or trade out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
A stash guy at 21? How many stash guys will be selected before pick 40? Why not trade back and collect assets, and take the stash guy?

Gortat and the 15 for Burks was on a trade board. I'd totally take it then draft a stash guy with 21 or trade out.

The only way I could see Washington doing this deal is if we swapped picks with them. I don't think we'd be able to get the 15th and keep our 21st pick.

Looks like Sacto is passing on Luka. Am I missing something here on him? Him going #2 I get as Ayton looks like a monster and would be a good pick at #1.

Lol a stash guy at 21 is hilarious
Depends on if you’re talking about a Draft and Stash international player that doesn’t come over o the NBA right away, or if it’s a Draft and Stash raw, young prospect (like Bradley) that gets the msjority of his early minutes with the Stars in the G-League. I’d consider that a “stash” pick.

A stash guy at 21? How many stash guys will be selected before pick 40? Why not trade back and collect assets, and take the stash guy?
I haven't looked to hard at the bottom of the draft. Stash guys are usually drafted in the 20s every year though.

The only way I could see Washington doing this deal is if we swapped picks with them. I don't think we'd be able to get the 15th and keep our 21st pick.
They are in luxury tax. It's a money decision.

I haven't looked to hard at the bottom of the draft. Stash guys are usually drafted in the 20s every year though.

There are plenty of good players to be had that play now. Enough so that nobody's going to be drafting a stash guy anywhere 3/4 of the way through the draft, so you may as well trade down because your stash guy will still be there.

NBA Draft God also said Trey Young was for sure going to be pciked #3 by Atlanta, that is when I stopped paying attention to that twitter account and blocked it

NBA Draft God also said Trey Young was for sure going to be pciked #3 by Atlanta, that is when I stopped paying attention to that twitter account and blocked it
They did kinda. That trade seems like a huge loss to Atlanta to me.

There were almost no trades involving current players. Is that normal? I don't recall that happening before.