What's new

Dropping Dimes Has Spoken!!! (Sexton Rumor)

I would be shocked if Utah did a deal like that for Sexton, but if you're getting Lillard in then yeah, you probably want to get off Sexton and you might have limited options

The truth is it might be all Sexton is worth right now, given he hasn't played much at all in 2 seasons.
I would not let him go for that, unless I was certain without any doubt, he was never going to get back to being the previous
speed demon scorer that he ised to be, let alone the higher iq one that's been watching film for 600 days in a row.
If Danny does move him I don't believe it should be until he established he is a legit 6 at minimum for any interested parties, which means
he plays and plays a lot until the deadline.
Tradfing him now for that meh return only signals to me he is cooked, or they think he is, and will be living with regret if he is a starter for the Bucks and they are contending.
I could see him playing off Jrue in a role similar to one he played in CLE next to Garland, but it working for him, since Jrue is a defender and well they have the freak

Haha yeah, that’s just trading to trade because you’re bored over the summer.

FOH with that.

I really think it only makes sense as a part of a bigger deal for Dame. On its own it makes really no sense for us.

I would be shocked if Utah did a deal like that for Sexton, but if you're getting Lillard in then yeah, you probably want to get off Sexton and you might have limited options
If we’re getting Lillard, Sexton almost has to be included in the deal somewhere. Especially since we’re using up the rest of our cap space to extend JC.

OWord is Milwaukee has offered Allen/Connaughton/2nd for Sexton but Utah is holding out for their 2028 1st. Dame deal is holding things up at the moment.

Why don’t we just include it in a Dame deal?

UTAH in: Damian Lillard
UTAH out: Sexton/THT/KO + 3 firsts

POR in: THT/KO/Allen/Connaughton + 4 firsts
POR out: Damian Lillard

MKE in: Collin Sexton
MKE out: Allen/Connaughton + first
Such horrible value… does DA need one Bojan-like trade every year?
If we’re getting Lillard, Sexton almost has to be included in the deal somewhere. Especially since we’re using up the rest of our cap space to extend JC.
unless it’s JC on the move

Such horrible value… does DA need one Bojan-like trade every year?

unless it’s JC on the move
If it’s JC on the move, then we’re better off keeping Sexton as a 6th man and looking at a better consolidating deal with him down the road than getting parts and pieces now.

Last edited: