What's new

Dude, Where's My Gamethread? Hornets at Jazz: February 4th, 2017

6e3b9ec885720a1235fab0a0b0f0f94a.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using JazzFanz mobile app

The most disappointing thing about Lyles to me isnt the lack of a 3pt shot this year, but the dude hasnt shown the playmaking ability that was advertised. He is a pretty mediocre passer without vision and has an extremely basic handle with 1 speed.

I really think Snyder made a big mistake in encouraging Lyles to become an outside shooter instead of some sort of frontcourt playmaker (like Diaw). The kid started to forcing outside shots and now barely passes the ball, takes it to the basket or posts up. His offensive game now mostly consists on what was previously his main weakness, the outside shot. The worst, though, is that he doesn't seem to have any consciousness while shooting. His usage rate is the fifth highest in the team (21.8%), while his true shooting percentage is the forteenth, or second worst (.495). :(

Some final thoughts on the game.

-Hayward was good from start to finish. Complete game. I've been harsh on him at times, but last night all praise.
-Joe Johnson. What an addition to this team. Clearly hes heating up at the right time, and figures to play an important roll in the stretch run.
-Hill finally got the 3 ball back. He looked pretty good all game.
-Exum. Nice first half. Really looked the player were hoping for. Got to work on making it a complete game now.
-Burks crap shooting night but loved his energy. He pumps his fist after Joe Johnson hit a 3 early in the game. Looks excited cheering on his guys late in the game. In short, hes into it, and that gives me the feels.
-Ingles seems to have hit midnight, and hes coming back down to reality on his 3 pt shot. Overall, he still helps the offense, and is a positive.
-This game was bizarre. At times the Jazz looked awful. When we had a few runs though it was thrilling. The crowd was into it.
-Gobert!

Catch me outside, how bout dat?

I still love Burks, but man he was absolute trash in that game yesterday. I hope those don't repeat too much.

Still, a pretty gritty win. It was nice to see Exum come up big, at least for him.

I ****ing hate Burks. Neg me. I don't give a ****. The guy is an absolute chemistry killer. And if we lose this game, **** this team. Loggrad was right. pgab was right. Another ****ing group of clueless ****s with no night in, night out drive.

Lol...

Ok, I can understand the frustration. This whole year has been effed up, in that every time we get a chance to gain ground on teams, we either suffer another injury, or just go through a rough stretch where we don't play our best. Having said that, I think it's good to stop and put things into perspective.

Despite all the setbacks we've had with injuries, Utah just moved into the 4th spot in the west with a record of 32-19. The Cavs are leading the east with a record of 34-15. And it's not just games that players have missed that have hurt us. One of our biggest setbacks is the fact that Favors has never played like himself yet this year. At this point, if we had borderline all-star Favors instead of half-Favors for the time he's been healthy, along with a healthy Hill, I believe Utah is the 2nd best team in the west with a better record than any team in the east. At the very least, we would be fighting for 2nd with the spurs.

So no, the negative nancies have not been right all along. Regardless of how frustrating this season has been, DL has managed to put together a pretty damn good team.

GO JAZZ!!!!

I ****ing hate Burks. Neg me. I don't give a ****. The guy is an absolute chemistry killer. And if we lose this game, **** this team. Loggrad was right. pgab was right. Another ****ing group of clueless ****s with no night in, night out drive.

I had 700/200 on this game. Excuse ****ing me if I was a bit pissed off as we trailed by 9-11 early in the 4th.

Lol...

Ok, I can understand the frustration. This whole year has been effed up, in that every time we get a chance to gain ground on teams, we either suffer another injury, or just go through a rough stretch where we don't play our best. Having said that, I think it's good to stop and put things into perspective.

Despite all the setbacks we've had with injuries, Utah just moved into the 4th spot in the west with a record of 32-19. The Cavs are leading the east with a record of 34-15. And it's not just games that players have missed that have hurt us. One of our biggest setbacks is the fact that Favors has never played like himself yet this year. At this point, if we had borderline all-star Favors instead of half-Favors for the time he's been healthy, along with a healthy Hill, I believe Utah is the 2nd best team in the west with a better record than any team in the east. At the very least, we would be fighting for 2nd with the spurs.

So no, the negative nancies have not been right all along. Regardless of how frustrating this season has been, DL has managed to put together a pretty damn good team.

GO JAZZ!!!!
This.
Pretty sure the jazz are ahead of most everyone's predictions with a healthy team. Throw in the injuries and everyone should be extremely pleased with this team and this season.

This.
Pretty sure the jazz are ahead of most everyone's predictions with a healthy team. Throw in the injuries and everyone should be extremely pleased with this team and this season.

Spot mother ****ing on. With all the consistent injuries we've had and we are still catching W's.