What's new

Durant benched, steak ends

Nostalgia man

nu uh....

The NBA was great back then. Wilt had to play against the best players ever.

If Wilt played today he would probably score 200 point per game.

Lol

nu uh....

The NBA was great back then. Wilt had to play against the best players ever.

If Wilt played today he would probably score 200 point per game.

put it this way. old hasbeen wilt with bad knee owned young kareem many times. in 72 playoff against unstoppable kareem, wilt had 10 block game, 6 against kareem. by this stage of career, wilt didn't score much. he didn't even attempt to shoot. he was all defense. wilt was the only center to regularly block sky hook. and before his injury both of these greats put up equally great numbers. 30/20 type of numbers.

and hey look, hasbeen lakers kareem against young hakeem
https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=olajuha01&p2=abdulka01

look at the fg%.

i mean at this stage kareem was late mid to late 30's. no athleticism left. hakeem? go google young hakeem. dude was insane. speed was unreal. yet, look at what veteran kareem did against hakeem. yet look at what kareem did against hakeem. it's very impressive for a guy in late 30's.

now imagine what young wilt would do to hakeem.

wilt with today's coaching, nutrient, better shoes, airplane instead of buses, etc would avg
29/18. that's being very modest. and most likely avg 5.5 blocks minimum. he won't score as much because of the way the game has played.

wilt really was a one of kind freak of nature. one of those dude who can jump and react fast. think of him as anthony davis times 1.5

Last edited:
Nostalgia man

and hakeem owned shaq.

so wilt > kareem > hakeem > shaq ?

and what nostalgia? i'm only in my mid 30's. i never saw wilt play live. but i did see kareem vs. hakeem many times. my pop was lakers fan.

%2528Wilt%2520Iggy%2520MJ%2520Dwight%2520Scale%2529.jpg

%2528Wilt%2520Javale%2520Dwight%2520Scale%2529.jpg

NBAscale.jpg

basically wilt would look like roided gobert. 1/2 inch taller than 7ft 1/2 inch gobert. he was naturally thick boned. imagine what today's training would do to him.

i mean he already had natural God given athleticism
the-big-dipper.jpg

i can't imagine what he would do in this center less era.

Last edited:
If I were the coach, I would have made KD play more, even if he was like, "nah, we're up by 30." He had a serious chance to pass Tmac and Kobe on that list.

Wiz take down the Thunder. Who saw that coming? This is the NBA after all.

When some Wall highlights get up I'll put them in that thread. Looked like he had a good game. Really like watching him play.

only way to stop KD is to rough him up. make him feel the pain. that's the only way. like prime durk, KD can simply shoot over anybody. and unlike dirk, kd has quickness and can drive to the hoop. dude's length is insane.

kd is making bron's peak normal. kd is just about to enter his prime. that's a scary thought.

and hakeem owned shaq.

so wilt > kareem > hakeem > shaq ?

and what nostalgia? i'm only in my mid 30's. i never saw wilt play live. but i did see kareem vs. hakeem many times. my pop was lakers fan.

%2528Wilt%2520Iggy%2520MJ%2520Dwight%2520Scale%2529.jpg

%2528Wilt%2520Javale%2520Dwight%2520Scale%2529.jpg

NBAscale.jpg

basically wilt would look like roided gobert. 1/2 inch taller than 7ft 1/2 inch gobert. he was naturally thick boned. imagine what today's training would do to him.

i mean he already had natural God given athleticism
the-big-dipper.jpg

i can't imagine what he would do in this center less era.

I am just a little skeptical about his greatness. Everything is over exaggerated.

Supposedly he could bench 500 pounds and he killed a mountain lion with his bare hands.

There's not a chance he did either.

If he played today, at best, he would be as dominant as Shaq or Hakeem. No more though.

i don't believe the mountain lion crap. but it's feasible. myth didn't say he killed a siberian tiger. small female mountain lion can be slightly bigger than german shep.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cougar
Females typically weigh between 29 and 64 kg (64 and 141 lb), averaging 42 kg (93 lb).

if a female 90lb mountain lion saw 300lb 7ft 1 big dipper, i tend to think she would just run away. i doubt she will attack such a huge creature unless she is starving to death.

but yeah, i don't really believe this story. this to me is like hearing all those crazy andre the giant story.

as far as bench press goes

this 59 year old wilt supposedly maxed 465lb.
dm_110601_nba_kareem_debate.jpg

2dqttet.jpg

11icsox.jpg

judging by his biceps, he did regularly work out after he retired.

this is 49 year old wilt next to 37 year old arnold
Wilt-Chamberlain.jpg

andre-arnold-wilt.jpeg

arnold is a known 500lb bench presser. most heavyweight bodybuilders are. could wilt who is supposed to be one of the strongest basketball player ever lived bench close to 500lb? maybe. these giants have long arms so that doesn't help, but they also do have animal like strength(shaq, andre the giant, wilt, etc, etc)

and these are facts
1. wilt did compete in track & field
2. played against many great centers and dominated them
3. clinically measured and weighed. legit 7ft 1. 7ft 8 wingspan
4. played in a poor condition (awful shoes, long bus trips, lack of strength/conditioning, medicine, diet, etc, etc)
5. unmatched endurance - wilt avg 45.8 minutes entire career. one year he played 48+ minutes. this is something no other current centers can do. this to me is the most shocking stat of all time. ALL TIME. phil jackson said Shaq never was as athletic as wilt ever was. and shaq never had wilt's endurance. shaq was just too heavy in his peak playing at over 330lb+.

no matter how you view him, wilt is a transcendent physical freak.

this picture got to be one of the most iconic picture of all time
682071555_Bexba-M.jpg

Last edited:
lakers wilt was over 300lb. this is how wilt looks next to young shaq
Wilt%2520Shaq%25201.jpg

just look at wilt's massive shoulder. wilt's shoulder makes dwight's should look rather normal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2N4a9oO118&feature=player_embedded

very interesting scale. wilt's competition in 60's.
NBA%2520Big%2520men%2520scaleWIP3.jpg

yes, unseld was 6ft 7 1/2 barefoot, but look how thick he was. basically he was bigger charles barkley. he would be listed at 6ft 9.

and bill russell. wilt's nemesis.

nba_g_kg_russell_300.jpg

celtics6.jpg

deke_zpsa6ad2dc6.jpg

russell-new-bigthree.jpg

dirk-and-bill-russell.jpg

tysonrussell.jpg

russell was 6ft 9 skinny center!! he is barely taller than today's small forward!! he was a midget!! look how skinny he was!! he would get bullied in today's nba!!
lol, actually that's exactly what colin cowherd said other day on bill russell. 'he was ben wallace sized!' 'he would get pushed around!'

anyway no matter how you slice it, wilt was a transcendent talent.
skyhookgif3_by_dantheman9758-d4uenol.gif

that young kareem in today's NBA would not lose an mvp to bron or KD. he would be so dominant in this centerless era. hibbert? lol. howard? lol. brook lopez? oh wait. he is out for season. noah? lol who else?

oh wait! gobert!

seriously, ask young hakeem who ran like gazelle about how awesome kareem really was.
kareemstatue.jpg

and that kareem was old. like KG in his last leg kinda old.

Last edited:
I am just a little skeptical about his greatness. Everything is over exaggerated.

Supposedly he could bench 500 pounds and he killed a mountain lion with his bare hands.

There's not a chance he did either.

If he played today, at best, he would be as dominant as Shaq or Hakeem. No more though.

offensively - i have no idea. if we transport same exact wilt from 60's then he will be limited to maybe around 25pt a game. but if he was born in 1972 like shaq then he would've been exposed to better basketball, coaching, and better overall strength/stamina training. so i truly believe wilt can avg over 30 in today's game for certain teams

defensively - this is no comparison. bring 60's wilt and he will win DPOY every year by large margin. wilt avg 45.8 min for his career. endurance comparison between wilt and shaq is significant. wilt could run up and down the court all day. and 60's basketball wasn't slow paced. i don't care if the competition was inferior. running around every night for 48 minutes in that awful shoes after bus trip after bus trip is not healthy. there will never be another 7ft giant to run like wilt without getting tired. and wilt was a willing defender. he loved to play defense. shaq can be very lazy on D. we all know how freaky shaq was. but we also know how shaq didn't maximize his potential.

lakers wilt was over 300lb. this is how wilt looks next to young shaq
Wilt%2520Shaq%25201.jpg

just look at wilt's massive shoulder. wilt's shoulder makes dwight's should look rather normal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2N4a9oO118&feature=player_embedded

very interesting scale. wilt's competition in 60's.
NBA%2520Big%2520men%2520scaleWIP3.jpg

yes, unseld was 6ft 7 1/2 barefoot, but look how thick he was. basically he was bigger charles barkley. he would be listed at 6ft 9.

and bill russell. wilt's nemesis.

nba_g_kg_russell_300.jpg

celtics6.jpg

deke_zpsa6ad2dc6.jpg

russell-new-bigthree.jpg

dirk-and-bill-russell.jpg

tysonrussell.jpg

russell was 6ft 9 skinny center!! he is barely taller than today's small forward!! he was a midget!! look how skinny he was!! he would get bullied in today's nba!!
lol, actually that's exactly what colin cowherd said other day on bill russell. 'he was ben wallace sized!' 'he would get pushed around!'

anyway no matter how you slice it, wilt was a transcendent talent.
skyhookgif3_by_dantheman9758-d4uenol.gif

that young kareem in today's NBA would not lose an mvp to bron or KD. he would be so dominant in this centerless era. hibbert? lol. howard? lol. brook lopez? oh wait. he is out for season. noah? lol who else?

oh wait! gobert!

seriously, ask young hakeem who ran like gazelle about how awesome kareem really was.
kareemstatue.jpg

and that kareem was old. like KG in his last leg kinda old.

So according to that picture...

Lebron is only 6'8" with shoes on

Kevin Love is only 6'8" with shoes on

Dwight is only 6'9" with shoes on

Do you believe that is their true height?

Btw, it would be very easy to make that picture look however you want it to with photo shop. That ball doesn't prove anything. You can easily stretch or shrink a person without messing with the size of the ball.