What's new

Ed Davis available tonight. (Game Thread)

The Jazz's success has literally never relied on Dante being good. But you make a good point, the Jazz should prioritize developing a 6th year player in a season they need to win games.
It's not about developing its about doing the right thing. And the right thing is putting mudiay on the bench.

It's not about developing its about doing the right thing. And the right thing is putting mudiay on the bench.
Right thing as in winning games or right thing as in having the universe rearrange to accommodate your feelings?

I have faith that each will be within spitting distance of their career averages by the end of the year, that’s just math.

And that would probably completely transform the look of our offense

It's the reverse. We need to transform the offense to get them to their averages. One high screen on every play and tasking the ball handler to create a shot while three other players just stand around the perimeter is just not working. We need more off ball movement, we need more actions, we need a more complicated offense for the defense to have to guard.

It's the reverse. We need to transform the offense to get them to their averages. One high screen on every play and tasking the ball handler to create a shot while three other players just stand around the perimeter is just not working. We need more off ball movement, we need more actions, we need a more complicated offense for the defense to have to guard.
Why do that when we can iso?

The Jazz's success has literally never relied on Dante being good. But you make a good point, the Jazz should prioritize developing a 6th year player in a season they need to win games.

Mate. The Jazz are going to be another 1st or 2nd round out, unless you get some dynamic play from another perimeter player. Bogey is super hot atm, doubt he is this good for the whole year. Maybe Conley won't be this bad...

Mate. The Jazz are going to be another 1st or 2nd round out, unless you get some dynamic play from another perimeter player. Bogey is super hot atm, doubt he is this good for the whole year. Maybe Conley won't be this bad...
And Dante isn’t gonna be the difference, mate. He might be tall and quick, but he isn’t explosive and he is a complete non-threat as a shooter, especially off-the-dribble.

This team will rely on everything it always has, which whatever those things are, one is not Dante.

And Dante isn’t gonna be the difference, mate. He might be tall and quick, but he isn’t explosive and he is a complete non-threat as a shooter, especially off-the-dribble.

This team will rely on everything it always has, which whatever those things are, one is not Dante.

I think there is a very good chance this is true. Hate to say it.

But I do think Exum can be an NBA player. Just doesn't seem it will happen.

I think there is a very good chance this is true. Hate to say it.

But I do think Exum can be an NBA player. Just doesn't seem it will happen.
And I'm sure you blame the Jazz for that, right?

I think one of the problems with Dante is lack of self-confidence. His body language says everything, it's not forceful. He's like the kid that everyone picked on when you were growing up. That kind of mentality is not going to make it in the NBA -- guess you could just say he's soft besides the fact that he's physically not strong enough, as his injuries demonstrate and he doesn't trust his own body. Just compare him with DM, physically, who is an absolute rock. That to me is the problem with Dante, and I think his inability to shoot and be a scorer is part of that inner lack of confidence. I've seen him pass up many easy shots because of that.