What's new

End of life care

My mum passed away this morning, she hung on for so long for my dad, she tried to hang on for me but couldn't. I've been raised and stood on the shoulders of much better people than myself, I've been privileged to have them. Even as a non believer I hope my mum is somewhere with my dad and they are together as they have always been.

My mum passed away this morning, she hung on for so long for my dad, she tried to hang on for me but couldn't. I've been raised and stood on the shoulders of much better people than myself, I've been privileged to have them. Even as a non believer I hope my mum is somewhere with my dad and they are together as they have always been.
I'm sorry for your loss.

So sorry to hear that. I understand your sentiment here. I feel the same way about my parents. My dad has always been my best friend, my mom is such a good person and the ultimate Grandma. They live and do everything and anything for their family. I hope you find peace in knowing she isn't hurting anymore. Wish I could be there and take you out for a pint my friend. Take care.

I’m so sorry for your loss, my friend. I have only lived that through my wife, when her died dad suddenly died a couple years ago.
My dad has quite literally taught me virtually everything I know. He coached me in baseball for several years. I apprenticed under him and then worked for him for several years until he decided to “retire”. We still help each other out on jobs when needed. Losing him may break me. According to his doctor, he’s in beyond amazing condition for a 70 year old. My mom on the other hand has dealt with pretty ****** health since before COVID. She has had it rough.