What's new

Enes Kanter Appreciation Thread.

Sexual Favors

Yup.

Seriously.

Yes.

So, he played bad against the Mavs and Phoenix? Against everyone else, he's been legit. Let's check his stats:

Per 36
18.6 pts, 8.8 reb, 54% Fg, 33% from 3, and 85% FT. He is only getting half an assist, and 1/3 of a blovk though.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/kanteen01.html

His current PER is 17.05 which is firmly in the realm of an above average starter. Not bad for a 22 yr old kid whose only played 4312 minutes, and only started 48 games.

His last 5 games he is shooting 44% from 3 on 2 attempts a game, and shooting 60% from the field.

Keep your hate for another thread. Let's show this kid some love here!!!!

Reactions: ema
I support this thread. I support Mr. Kanter. I have no issues with him other than his growing pains. I think he'll be fine.

Last several games Enes has been great. Even his defense has picked up a bit.

His biggest problem is low basketball IQ and slow decision making, which makes him extremely TO prone and not a great match for any system that relies on pace and ball movement in any capacity other than finishing the attacks. He simply doesn't seem like he can be a good passer/facilitator. He makes poor and/or slow decision that stifle the offense...

I hope he keeps playing well so even if we don't get to keep him in Utah over the summer, we get something for him come trade deadline.

I'm not on the Kanter-hater bandwagon. He's done fine offensively, but he really needs to improve on defense (a lot) if he wants to stay on the floor longer IMO.

I'm not sure what to make of Kanter right now. I think the biggest problem is that he's just a bit physically slow and has limited mobility. He's not going to magically turn into the Chris Bosh that Snyder seemingly hopes he'll become. His game is punishing people inside, using his size and motor, getting offensive rebounds and put-backs, and making mid-range jumpers. Take him away from the paint, and I'm not sure what he's going to accomplish.

I'm not sure what to make of Kanter right now. I think the biggest problem is that he's just a bit physically slow and has limited mobility. He's not going to magically turn into the Chris Bosh that Snyder seemingly hopes he'll become. His game is punishing people inside, using his size and motor, and getting offensive rebounds and put-backs.

I don't think his offense is the problem. He can get buckets inside/out, but he makes no one better on offense and makes people worse on defense. When he starts consistently making good passes, I will be pleased.

I don't think his offense is the problem. He can get buckets inside/out, but he makes no one better on offense and makes people worse on defense. When he starts consistently making good passes, I will be pleased.

How much longer do we intend on waiting for that to happen?

First couple games this year I was ready to label him a Bust with a cable B. However now I think he still is a bust (considering where he was drafted) If he could pass better and had better BBIQ he would be a memo clone. If he rebounded and played tougher defense he would be a legitimate starting center. I have to watch those Nike Hooks summit videos to bring up my confidence in him again. Those spin moves.... that aggressiveness rebounding, what happened?

Kanter is better than a lot of the players on the team.The Kanter hate is real,I don't know why. He has moments of brilliance and moments of WTF. but every player on the team does that.Thats because we are young and the inconsistency is frustrating.We act like Enes is 32 OR SOMETHING ITS CRAZY. Favors has a big game then cant stay on the floor the next.Burk cant shoot or drive,Burks is up and down,Hayward has done better this year but still gets 11 minutes because of 2 fouls.yes ask Quin WHO ALSO HAS A GREAT GAME COACHING AND THEN A HEADSCRATCHER.THIS WHOLE THING IS brilliant or Idiotic.Thats what makes it so fun to watch.

I think Kanter, like most of the players on the team have plenty of room for improvement. Hopefully he and the others keep working at their game. Basketball IQ and defensive abilities can be corrected over time with work. Athleticism and length can't be taught, but I think given time, guidance and hard work he can find a way to learn how to adapt to any limitations in those areas. He is still young and still has potential. I don't think of him a bust considering he was drafted in the position knowing that he was going to be a project.

He can look really good at times. I think confidence is the biggest thing for him. If he ever gets comfortable and confident, look out.

First couple games this year I was ready to label him a Bust with a cable B. However now I think he still is a bust (considering where he was drafted) If he could pass better and had better BBIQ he would be a memo clone. If he rebounded and played tougher defense he would be a legitimate starting center. I have to watch those Nike Hooks summit videos to bring up my confidence in him again. Those spin moves.... that aggressiveness rebounding, what happened?

the nba happen

I've not been the biggest Kanter supporter, but really like what I've seen the past few games. Offense is good... i don't know that he'll ever be a great passer. He's been more decisive and he's not killing us on defense.

His plus minus has been great so the numbers support that he's been helping us.

I do think the fit with Favors isn't perfect... but its been better.

One of Enes's biggest problems is his indecisiveness which leads to turnovers. Once he becomes more confident and comfortable, I think his reaction time will be better and he'll improve in this area. Also, with more time, he'll develop more court awareness which will improve both his help defense and passing. I don't think he'll ever be a good perimeter defender but he could become okay in the post against big, strong less mobile players like Memo.

In comparing him to Memo, I don't think he'll ever be as a good a shooter though he could come close if he continues to improve. However, he's a lot stronger and his inside game already is better. He's got a long way to go though so far as his feel for the game to get to Memo's level.

When you think about his strengths and weaknesses, I have to agree with those who say his best position is C, because his major asset is his strength and his major deficiency is his ability to move his feet on defense, kind of like a bigger, stronger Boozer.