What's new

Enes Kanter Appreciation Thread.

At this point I'd almost rather see Kanter be the man off the bench with Exum and Gobert.

Let's face it, the bench needs some scoring, desperately.

I think the bench is Kanter's destiny, but I'm not sure when that'll become reality. He's just too much of a liability on defense.

I think he'll be exposed fairly quickly. Kanter is the best option at PF for this team.

Another thing I'd like to see would be Jeremy Evans getting some minutes at back-up SF. He's a good help defender, and it's pretty rare that another team's backup SF will overpower him or go off on him.

However sadly, he isn't playing 3rd pick in the draft level basketball.
What that level would be? I took a look at draft history and Kanter is far from worst and I would say middle of the road for 3rd pick. It's not like Favors is setting the world on fire.

Favors, Exum, Hayward, Gobert. Maybe Booker as well but I am not sold yet.

Well, that was easy.
I agree with that entire list minus Booker. I love his energy but that's been hurting him more than helping him lately.

On another note, so 3 of the 5 starters are liabilities on offense but Kanter gets pointed at more than any other player. Burke let's his man get past him whenever they want to and Burks over helps and gives up way too many open looks.

I agree with that entire list minus Booker. I love his energy but that's been hurting him more than helping him lately.

On another note, so 3 of the 5 starters are liabilities on offense but Kanter gets pointed at more than any other player. Burke let's his man get past him whenever they want to and Burks over helps and gives up way too many open looks.

Agree. I only see two players on the court who should be starters going forward: Hayward and Favors. Burke eventually gives way to Exum and the Jazz need to upgrade at PF. I don't see Utah even making a qualifying offer to Enes ($7.4M). As for Burks, I love his acrobatic ability. He's better suited to coming off the bench, IMO. Still have hope Hood will be an impact player as a sub.

Kanter has a PER of 18.3 and shooting 54% now .I think he even does better with Exum starting and having a pass 1st PG instead of a shoot 1st PG.
With Burke he can't always get in the paint or make the good inside passes.Exum starts getting in the lane Kanter gets better quicker.

Fun fact, Kanter was born in 1992, same year as Rudy and Trey.

Haha... My dear friend. Stop hurting peoples dreams. Rudy Gobert is not born 1992. Gobert is born 1996, so it´s asbolutely normal that he sucks against starters. In 4-5 years he will be a stud in this league. Kanter, who is the superior player right now, will show no development and probabely will be out of the league at this point.

Haha... My dear friend. Stop hurting peoples dreams. Rudy Gobert is not born 1992. Gobert is born 1996, so it´s asbolutely normal that he sucks against starters. In 4-5 years he will be a stud in this league. Kanter, who is the superior player right now, will show no development and probabely will be out of the league at this point.

Gobert is only 18? Wow, I did not know that. We had a 17-yr old kid on the team last season. Was Stern or Silver aware of this? NBA sure to take away draft picks and fine Jazz for breaking the rules.

Gobert is only 18? Wow, I did not know that. We had a 17-yr old kid on the team last season. Was Stern or Silver aware of this? NBA sure to take away draft picks and fine Jazz for breaking the rules.

You need a sarcasm detector. I can get you one for 100 Dollars.

Kanter is DA MAN!!! He is 22, and he is finally getting a coach who can teach him something. His strides this year have been impressive (albeit offensively more so than defensively, but he shows that he cares so that will come).

Go Enes we love you and we are 100% behind you.

Reactions: ema
Kanter is DA MAN!!! He is 22, and he is finally getting a coach who can teach him something. His strides this year have been impressive (albeit offensively more so than defensively, but he shows that he cares so that will come).

Go Enes we love you and we are 100% behind you.
BINGO !!!

Gotta say, I still have hope for Enes. Offensively, I think he can be a pretty special player. The challenge will be to get him to play passable defense. Whether we keep him or not, I believe he is a more valuable asset than most of us would admit.

Gotta say, I still have hope for Enes. Offensively, I think he can be a pretty special player. The challenge will be to get him to play passable defense. Whether we keep him or not, I believe he is a more valuable asset than most of us would admit.

Yuh. Hard to argue with this. I hope defense clicks with him and he is able to be the player we or most of us want him to be.

This electronic post has been constructed, arranged and transmitted via an Apple branded communication device using the Tapatalk application.