What's new

Enes Kanter even bigger beast defensively then offensively?

Kanter is a career backup. Not a great player. A Role player. As soon as jazz front office realize this they can move forward. Just like I told Yall Koufus wasn't greta when MOST here hyped him up. Time to realize when it comes to bball that im just plain smarter then most of you. Watch enes play, He plays like a stiff

Even a broken (analog) clock is right twice a day.

Gasol and Eaton are a lot longer.

Try again.

Longer are you serious? That's your response Eaton was way slower than enes a couple inches of reach is not athleticism

Sent from my HTC One using JazzFanz mobile app

Longer are you serious? That's your response Eaton was way slower than enes a couple inches of reach is not athleticism

Nah bro. Saer Sene is the most athletic big in recent times. Roy Hibbert is the most athletic big in the NBA tbh.

Haven't read anything but the first post (sorry).

A center doesn't have to be athletic to hold their opponent out of the paint.

Defense is about keeping your guy from hitting fg's at a high percentage.... NOT ABOUT BLOCKED SHOT STATS.

please sticky..

"Great rebound, Enes"

"Hey, not a bad shot block, yourself! And that put-back dunk... magnificent!"

You forgot "hey you look mighty fine in those baggy shorts".

Defense is about keeping your guy from hitting fg's at a high percentage.... NOT ABOUT BLOCKED SHOT STATS.

please sticky..

Blocked shots are all that matter.

to casual fans who get most of their information from sports center

please sticky..

While this is true, it is also true that superior defensive players will more often be in position to get a block or 2. It is rare that a leading or talented shot blocker is also a terrible defender. Most good shot blockers are also decent, if not great, defenders in general. But not all great defenders are great shot blockers.

longer =/= athletic.

What in the world is your guy's points?

What's so hard to understand about longer and taller centers have an advantage and don't have to be as athletic as their shorter counterpart?

While this is true, it is also true that superior defensive players will more often be in position to get a block or 2. It is rare that a leading or talented shot blocker is also a terrible defender. Most good shot blockers are also decent, if not great, defenders in general. But not all great defenders are great shot blockers.

Only the intellectually inferior speak in riddles.

Why was Raja touted as a great defender? Because he wasn't athletic enough to do anything else. In fact any player who is labeled as a defender is suspect athletically, or they are an all star. Kind of like a girl having a 'great personality'. Fact is, you don't need athleticism to be 'just' a great defender. Marc has been mentioned, Eaton has been mentioned, I agree with both, and yes, Kanter can be a great defender with his tools. Hopefully he can be more than that. After a few years of Al, I am glad to have a defensive center. Yet if we are going to get anywhere, we need an offensive one to, and Kanter seems to have that as well.

Scottie Pippen, Karl... Want me to go on?

please sticky..

Yes please.

If I said this after everyone of my pastes...

What in the world is your guy's points?

What's so hard to understand about longer and taller centers have an advantage and don't have to be as athletic as their shorter counterpart?

If you said this in your initial post, then I'd agree with you.

But you didn't. You just said that Enes won't be a good defender cuz he specifically isn't athletic. You never mentioned anything about height. So, I pointed out a couple of examples of non-athletic players who are stellar defenders.

PS, ima bout to to end this conversation once in for all.

You want a REAL-short, unathletic player who's a STELLAR defender?

Chuck Hayes

Reactions: ema