What's new

Enes Kanter Highlights vs. Raptors - First game as a starter in his career

BTW he needs to keep the ball high as he did on 1:18, he turned away some easy buckets when he didn't. And to avoid those ugly BA's ofc.

18 points, 8 rebounds.
Overall good game, but I've seen better of him.
I'm disappointed in the rebound part. I thought he had the potential to be elite at rebounding. Offensive rebounding, he's amazing....I'm not sure what happens to him on defensive rebounding.

18 points, 8 rebounds.
I'm disappointed in the rebound part. I thought he had the potential to be elite at rebounding. Offensive rebounding, he's amazing....I'm not sure what happens to him on defensive rebounding.

That was chubby, fat Kanter of last year, now he is not being that succesful on boxing out opponents with this new shape. It's a price to pay i guess for his new look.

That was chubby, fat Kanter of last year, now he is not being that succesful on boxing out opponents with this new shape. It's a price to pay i guess for his new look.

True.
You know what though? This was a near 20-10 game from him and I thought he had a lot more scoring opportunities but didn't get the pass. Even though I feel like he's more in the tank, this is an impressive outing.

Wasn't too bad of a rebounding performance either. 4 offensive rebounds is great. Especially considering how many long shots both teams took tonight. Long shots make for long rebounds, out of Kanter's usual range.

Was just gonna finish making this and upload it lol.

I Guess since this is already up, I can try to do that Hayward game against the Kings

8 rebounds. I'm disappointed in the rebound part. I thought he had the potential to be elite at rebounding. Offensive rebounding, he's amazing....I'm not sure what happens to him on defensive rebounding.

--I agree on his rebounds. but I saw signs of this in his Euroleague ball and even last year. During the preseason he was getting everything. For this game, you shouldn't underestimate the pressure he put on the other team's bigs. He was constantly fighting for position and putting his body on them. This allowed our other players to get the rebound, and I can think of about two or three times that he fought for a rebound that went out of bounds on the other team.

--In my view, the reason he isn't doing as well on the defensive end is because of his defensive position before the shot goes up. He's often out of rebounding position on pick and rolls etc. This will get better since it will eventually be second nature, i.e., you do your job on D and quickly (but in control) turn for the board with deliberate motion.

Rebounding should not be a concern or an area of 'disappointment.' He's started one game, has shown us plenty that he can be an elite rebounder .. let's wait until he's gotten this many minutes at least, say, twice before we get disappointed.

18 points, 8 rebounds.

I noticed on several def rebounds that Kanter was busy sealing off the other team creating space for a teamate to grab the ball. If you haven't coached little kids then you wouldn't know how important that skill is. It's very hard to teach that. His numbers might not show it but the team got lots of boards because Kanter did his job.

True, that's why fouled was called but then 2pts should not have been counted.

Thats a true jazz fan right there.... wishing that kanter would not have gotten those 2 pts.

I thought it was travel too but replay showed that it wasn't.

I disagree, it was a tough run to watch the game with those lamers commenting.

I thought they were pretty good. They didn't say anything overly cheezy and annoying like Harpring does, and they gave a pretty good play by play. I find that teams that really suck *** have the best commentators, because it makes it impossible for them to be homers.