What's new

Enes Kanter Highlights vs. Raptors - First game as a starter in his career

@addictionary
EK should quit dreaming about playing "PF" in NBA.
He is a C for the Jazz and that is the only position he can play!

@addictionary
EK should quit dreaming about playing "PF" in NBA.
He is a C for the Jazz and that is the only position he can play!

2 replies:
1) sesli güldüm güzeldi ;)
2) fine with me as long as he sets his mind to dunk the dang ball under the rim instead of pump faking which in the end he usually gets blocked or doubled or tripled. attempt the dunk at least, u'll have a good chance of getting fouled and u r a good free throw shooter. even tyson chandler told u to go right to the basket, told u u were strong as a bull. use it there too!

Al has much better hands, reach, and probably touch. Kanter has him hands down with the bully attitude and that warrior demeanor more than anything buys him more time as far as I'm concerned. But the guy is not an elite talent and will get everything he gets the hard way.

I quoted Cy because it's clear that the dude was drafted to run that low post play. He better be elite at that play cuz if he isn't better than Al (he's not) this is a huge mistake not drafting the true prototype center in JV. All you guys hating on Al and Corbs better pay attention to how this player is used. In exactly the same manner as Al. If you like that play, the iso center off deep post, this is your future. If you wanted a center that does all the little things and is not worried about being the hub of the offense you probably wanted JV.

You guys are all over Kanter's effort now, but this cannot be sustained over 35 minutes. It can't. He will have to slow down somewhere, and when he does this forum will ride his *** all the way to hell for it.
Defense doesn't count?

You would hate Kanter big time if he was starting. He gets blown by just like Al (or almost any big man) out in space, and Corbs runs that exact same low post play for him, a lot.

You would hate Kanter big time if he was starting. He gets blown by just like Al (or almost any big man) out in space, and Corbs runs that exact same low post play for him, a lot.

Nice job telling me that I would hate kanter starting, but i disagree..... i cant wait till kanter and favors are starting.

You might be correct on your assesment that he would get blown by like al and the same offense would be ran through kanter.... however since that is what is already happening anyway then its a wash.
Now you add in the fact the our young bigs get the chance to improve through gametime playing time and i think i like the sound of kanter starting.

Nice job telling me that I would hate kanter starting, but i disagree..... i cant wait till kanter and favors are starting.

You might be correct on your assesment that he would get blown by like al and the same offense would be ran through kanter.... however since that is what is already happening anyway then its a wash.
Now you add in the fact the our young bigs get the chance to improve through gametime playing time and i think i like the sound of kanter starting.

My point is that if you think that low post play is boring with Al, it's much worse with a guy who never passes out of it and isn't as good.

If Enes is running that play a lot he's expending a tremendous amount of energy getting position and wrestling to the paint with the ball. He'll be getting gassed, probably not as susceptible as Al but you'll see the same symptoms i.e. looking 'lazy' at times. This is what I was getting at with GVC above. His game was really impressive when you think about how exhausted he must have been. It's not sustainable over a season. Look at what is happening to Sap now that he sees himself as a full time starter. The energy just isn't at the level it was before.

Now, Kanter is winning me over from where I was during that draft. I really like his competitive spirit. And knowing Corbin really wants to run that low post play I can see why he took Enes over JV. No way Jonas will have that footwork by next year even. I do like him, but don't kid yourself that players are cutting/moving during that play more than they do with Al.

In this game Corbin ran that play less because Kanter isn't as good at it. Now I totally agree that especially early in the game this is a good thing but that approach will work better with AJ since he puts more pressure on an opposing D (and is a vastly superior passer). Kanter is several years away from getting to Al's level, if he ever does.

And yea, he's a better defender for sure. But again that energy won't be there to the same degree when you are also asking him to carry the opposing center up and down the court 35 minutes. And fans won't ignore his mistakes when he's a star. They will grill him for them same as they do for Al now. Al provides a certain level of protection to the young bigs in this regard and allows them to develop without the pressure of being the guy every night. Not saying these dudes can't cut it but I think there is some value in that, and Kanter needs another year or so of seasoning before it's really fair to judge who he is/can be.