What's new

Enes Kanter: offseason focused on defense, improved leg strength and lateral movement

The only reason people are complaining is that it is Kanter.

There are threads about AK and DWill from time to time and no one seems to get worked up over those.

It's an over reaction tbh.

The complaints are powerful not only because he said *** things about the Jazz, but also because he represents a really rare and high lottery pick, a really important one for the franchise what came out to give nothing to the franchise at all after all those years of investment and patience. Kanter was like his jersey number for the Jazz. "0" And it will look worse if he achieves in his max town Oklahoooooma.

I love the Kanter bashing threads myself, mostly due to him being the biggest crybaby bitch in Jazz history.

Reactions: RJF
"It was a different system for him coming in. He (was) playing in Utah, where we played a totally different defense than they played last season"

He wasn't playing defense in Utah. Or OKC.

He did kind of stand there and get abused, so he has that going for him.

This is not your typical former Jazzman and you know it. At best, people here don't care and are indifferent. Most Jazz fans strongly dislike Kanter. And then you have a few native Turks here who will only get offended by the inevitable Kanter bashing that this topic will generate.

I suppose if you want people to start fighting, by all means keep allowing it on the main forum.

Honest question...why are the native Turks getting offended if Katner gets bashed? Is anyone bashing him because he's from Turkey (is his nationality ever brought up at all)? Does anyone give a damn that he's from Turkey? If he was from Macedonia or Syria or Azerbaijan would what he did make a difference in anyone's mind? Is he some sort of national hero over there?

We are just a little emotional people.

But to be fair; most of the Turkish fans also dislike him because of national team problems he had. Moreover, he also made Fenerbahce fans (probably the largest fan base in Turkey) upset when he moved to U.S to join Kentucky.

8 for 10 in FG's and plus 19 with Durant,Westbrook,and Ibaka ,just picking up where he left off last year

8 for 10 in FG's and plus 19 with Durant,Westbrook,and Ibaka ,just picking up where he left off last year

Yup, including the soon to be negative locker room presence now that he is a back up.

I'm glad he is gone, and I think the Jazz are better off without him. Is it possible for the Jazz to be better with out him and still get the short end of the Trade?

I'm glad he is gone, and I think the Jazz are better off without him. Is it possible for the Jazz to be better with out him and still get the short end of the Trade?

Interesting question. I say No.

Overall, did we get good value for the #3 pick? No. But we lost an assload of value the second we selected Enes Kanter. We recovered what we could.

Yup, including the soon to be negative locker room presence now that he is a back up.

I wouldn't say he was a negative locker room presence. There wasn't any reports of him getting into fights or arguing with teammates and almost everyone was surprised when he demanded to be traded. He was clearly a negative on-court presence.

I wouldn't say he was a negative locker room presence. There wasn't any reports of him getting into fights or arguing with teammates and almost everyone was surprised when he demanded to be traded. He was clearly a negative on-court presence.

you have to keep my comment in perspective in how it relates to the Jazz. Look at how chemistry boomed after the Kanter trade. I don't think that is a coincidence.

That is why I said "negative locker room presence" instead of "cancer" or something like that. For the Jazz Kanter was a negative presence imo.

Interesting question. I say No.

Overall, did we get good value for the #3 pick? No. But we lost an assload of value the second we selected Enes Kanter. We recovered what we could.

I wish we can never have kanter. I always think this!!!

He was definitely nothing like that. His problem was basketball wise, Kanter is an individual offensive bigman with terrible level of team basketball knowledge. This always hurt the Jazz. But at the same time he was a top prospect and was a rare 3rd pick and kinda had to be put into big value by working through patience. This is why when he left, a black hole in Jazz' O and D got away and the team did not have to care about getting the ball to a certain player or not.

Above all, in the last few months prior to his trade, Kanter issue was becoming a thing in the club so when it was resolved, everyone was glad it was over. This also brought some kind of relaxation too.

Just because he's passively selfish doesn't mean he isn't incredibly selfish. Just because it's passive, doesn't mean it didn't have a massive effect.

Dude earned his ****ing nickname. The fact that he was such a weenie about his egomania might even make it worse.