What's new

ESPN has Exum #1

Parker is not setting the league on fire (nor is any other rookie), but he is impacting every game on both ends and looks like the franchise player the Bucks hoped for when they drafted him.

He's talented on offense and not even close to realizing his potential. And, while he's not a great defensive player, he's a willing one on a very good defensive team, suggesting that it's possible he'll end up being a solid defender one day.

Dang, if he kind of figures it out on defense, he could be an awesome player.

Parker is not setting the league on fire (nor is any other rookie), but he is impacting every game on both ends and looks like the franchise player the Bucks hoped for when they drafted him.

He's talented on offense and not even close to realizing his potential. And, while he's not a great defensive player, he's a willing one on a very good defensive team, suggesting that it's possible he'll end up being a solid defender one day.

Umm, Parker has been sitting out the 4th quarter of the past 2 games, no?

Anyone want to post what they are saying about Parker? I am not an insider any more.
there you go...
3. Jabari Parker, Bucks

Everyone sees how good he is except Burks, Snyder and DL.

He can play and there's no reason he shouldn't be the starting two guard right now.

How does that sentence make sense at all? How can you look like a franchise player and not be setting the league on fire, or even close to it. He is also putting up absolutely atrocious +/- numbers.

I'm not saving Parker is a bust or even that he won't be a franchise player one day. I just thought your sentence was ridiculous

How does that sentence make sense at all? How can you look like a franchise player and not be setting the league on fire, or even close to it. He is also putting up absolutely atrocious +/- numbers.

I'm not saving Parker is a bust or even that he won't be a franchise player one day. I just thought your sentence was ridiculous

Not my sentence. Quote from the article.

Everyone sees how good he is except Burks, Snyder and DL.

He can play and there's no reason he shouldn't be the starting point guard right now.

^fixed

Code:
	    GP  MPG  FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% RPG APG   BLKPG STLPG PFPG TOPG PPG
Burke Career 79  32.2  4.7-12.6 .373   1.5-4.8 .317   1.4-1.6  .891  2.9  5.6  0.1  0.7  2.1 1.91 2.4
Burks Career 210 21.8  3.5-8.0  .441   0.5-1.4 .349   2.4-3.2  .745  2.7  1.8  0.2  0.7  1.9 1.41 0.0

Last edited:
^fixed

Code:
	    GP  MPG  FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% RPG APG   BLKPG STLPG PFPG TOPG PPG
Burke Career 79  32.2  4.7-12.6 .373   1.5-4.8 .317   1.4-1.6  .891  2.9  5.6  0.1  0.7  2.1 1.91 2.4
Burks Career 210 21.8  3.5-8.0  .441   0.5-1.4 .349   2.4-3.2  .745  2.7  1.8  0.2  0.7  1.9 1.41 0.0

Thank you for putting ^fixed. I was about to get real offended when I noticed you changed my quote.

I still don't think Exum gets enough playing time...once he does (hopefully soon) I think he will start showing more of what he can do. I actually think he's holding back and playing conservative right now, and he's still impressive.
QS!
I trust him and like what he is doing development-wise.
He is bringing Exum one step further each time. One day we will see that he has taken over!

wow so many ppl on this board have the jerry sloan mentatility. oh no need to rush dante's development, oh I like the slow pace that he's been brought up at, oh we can't throw him into the "wolves".

Screw that, we should be playing him a lot more. Even if that wasn't the right strategy (it is the right strategy), I would still want that to be the case for entertainment purposes. If Exum wasn't on the team I would not watch the Jazz. They are not that exciting, and Hayward, while a very good player, is not someone I'll go out of the way to turn the tv on.

otIr7VJ.gif

LOL .. I'd be interested to know what you're trying to say with that.

Anyone still concerned about his leaping ability? I am still waiting for the one hand hammer dunk I saw on video before the Jazz drafted him. So far he has not let it loose and just used 2 hand dunks.

Anyone still concerned about his leaping ability? I am still waiting for the one hand hammer dunk I saw on video before the Jazz drafted him. So far he has not let it loose and just used 2 hand dunks.

Pretty sure there is an unwritten rule in the Jazz org. that rookies aren't allowed to dunk with 1 hand.

wow so many ppl on this board have the jerry sloan mentatility. oh no need to rush dante's development, oh I like the slow pace that he's been brought up at, oh we can't throw him into the "wolves".

Screw that, we should be playing him a lot more. Even if that wasn't the right strategy (it is the right strategy), I would still want that to be the case for entertainment purposes. If Exum wasn't on the team I would not watch the Jazz. They are not that exciting, and Hayward, while a very good player, is not someone I'll go out of the way to turn the tv on.

Dante has shown great control, but I wonder if he had more minutes if he would start to make mistakes. I think Quinn is doing a perfect job of building his confidence in a measured manner.

Negged for realz.