What's new

ESPN predicts Jazz finish 5th.

We week just barely miss the playoffs again. We have to make a mid-season trade or lose Hayward for nothing next year. Gonna be a tough couple of years for us. We gotta move one way or the other but the constant 9-14 pick status is killing us like HIV. Slow and insidious.

We week just barely miss the playoffs again. We have to make a mid-season trade or lose Hayward for nothing next year. Gonna be a tough couple of years for us. We gotta move one way or the other but the constant 9-14 pick status is killing us like HIV. Slow and insidious.
Someone needs to bookmark this post and bring it up again next year.

Portland is really well coached. Their nucleus is in an age range where solid improvement year to year is still likely. CJ had his breakout year and I don't see why his growth should end this summer.

Agreed. I think you gotta give Stotts a lot of credit. He's figured out a lot since he starting his coaching career. At one point last season Portland won 9 out of 10 games decided by 5 points or less or went into overtime - that's Sloan-like.

And yeah, they were relatively healthy all year; but they also came into the season less an All-Star with LMA going to SAS.

I expect The Jazz to finish with a better record than Portland next season; but I expected it last season too - definitely not writing them off.

Winning games that come down to a last shot are statistically pure luck. Players and teams that win or lose a lot of them one season is not as predictor for how they will do in future seasons, games or playoffs. More often the best predictor is that they will come back to average. Jazz had injuries and bad luck. Portland didn't have injuries and had good luck. I would guess Jazz win more of their close games next year and Portland losses more of their close games. Hopefully Jazz just have less close games next year.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using JazzFanz mobile app

Winning games that come down to a last shot are statistically pure luck. Players and teams that win or lose a lot of them one season is not as predictor for how they will do in future seasons, games or playoffs. More often the best predictor is that they will come back to average. Jazz had injuries and bad luck. Portland didn't have injuries and had good luck. I would guess Jazz win more of their close games next year and Portland losses more of their close games. Hopefully Jazz just have less close games next year.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using JazzFanz mobile app

Who said winning anything about winning games that come down to the last shot?

Who said winning anything about winning games that come down to the last shot?
I did... Jazz lost a lot of those and Portland won a very high percentage of those. I have not seen the data much further than last second shots but I would guess the same holds true for games close within the last minute which expands this even more for both teams.

5th. Pfft. This bodes well as we all know ESPN has been a bastion of dunce journalism for some time now. Prob getting the 2 or 3 then.

According to Andy Larson our bench is ranked pretty high also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk