What's new

Establishing our core

Forgot to mention rubio. They say they got him because of haywood but I think there's more behind the scenes. He could well take over our offensive flow, there will be a short leash at first but I bet the more trust jazz place in rubio, the better he will perform. He won't be as beloved as mitchell or gobert but he will become an important piece in our play.

Sent from my SM-G900V using JazzFanz mobile app

Seems like the consensus here is to move forward with our quantity rather than attempting to condense those assets into something of potentially greater quality. I understand the thought process as it would undoubtedly be a risk but I believe the fact that significant long-term financial decisions (& possibly commitments) will soon need to be made on all 3 of Hood, Exum, & Favors could poise potentially even more risk.

Personally, I don't believe one more additional season of evaluation will be sufficient enough time to properly assess what the right decision is for the long-term health of this organization.

But my next question is are people confident that our impending FA's will ulimately prove to be worth their inevitable contract extensions or do people believe that there will be a lack of significant interest on the FA market, essentially mitigating our potential financial risk(s) & hopefly making it a worthwhile gamble? Do the contract situation(s) factor into your decision? I believe it would be a mistake to not take them into consideration.

I think if Jazz were to wave Hood or Exum or Favors as expendable there would be easily 3/4 teams ready to pay top dollar for their services.But I think the Jazz management believe in their abilities and talent more than Jazz fans here do.All three have just needed good health to realize their talent.I think all 3 are prominent in the Jazz plans to be part of a great team.

I think if Jazz were to wave Hood or Exum or Favors as expendable there would be easily 3/4 teams ready to pay top dollar for their services.But I think the Jazz management believe in their abilities and talent more than Jazz fans here do.All three have just needed good health to realize their talent.I think all 3 are prominent in the Jazz plans to be part of a great team.

if some team values Rod highly and is willing to give up something really good for him i'd push that button. I really hope Favors and X come on strong this year and re-sign

There's an outside chance at this point, albeit very small, that the Jazz would consider trading Gobert for a top pick in this next draft. The rationale would be to grab a star player closer in age to Mitchell. If Bradley performed really well, that might factor into such a decision.

Again, highly unlikely, but not impossible.

This is ****ing retarded.

Rudy is likely a top 10 - 15 player in the league, but if the Jazz were offered a top 3 or 4 pick and Marvin Bagley was on the board, the Jazz would have to think about it. A few other factors would come into play, but it's not impossible.

Dude stfu seriously. You have no idea. This is the dumbest **** Ive read on this forum to date.

Last edited:
Obvously it's pre-mature to assume Mitchell becomes a long-term core member but, as of now, he clearly appears most likely on the current roster to develop into that 2nd impact player. Very few players should ever be considered truly untouchable IMO. But the Jazz are a small-market franchise, seemingly determined to remain consistently competitive for the foreseeable future. And they are currently lacking a 2nd star to pair with arguably the most impactful defensive player in the league, who has yet to hit his prime.

IMO we're not the type of orginization that can afford to trade away a rookie with Mitchell's talent, work ethic/character, & desire to be in Utah unless it's as part of a package for an established superstar who is locked up long-term, or a prospect with elite potential.

Barring an unforseen blockbuster trade opportunity, DL should operate as if Mitchell is a core member until(/if) he proves himself otherwise. Rookies are always a gamble, but Mitchell appears to be one of the safest I've seen in a long time (as far as ceiling to floor ratio). The only way I'm cashing out before at least seeing the flop is if someone offers the house.

The core of the Jazz at this moment is:

Gobert,Favors,Ingles,Hood,Rubio,Exum,Mitchell

borderline:

Burks,Bradley

Rookies automatically become part of the "core" because they are under contract for 4 years.

Right now the core is Ingles, Gobert, Bradley, and Mitchell.

Rubio, Exum, Favors and Hood are in tryout mode.

How is bradley considered "core"? He was drafted to be a back up. He probably will not even see the floor in an NBA game for 2 years unless there are injuries

You don't think mitchell can play the point with hood at the 2?

That MIGHT be a possibility. Then you have to get rid of Rubio AND Dante. Exum is the X factor. SL showed that Dante and Donovan can play together. I just don't have much faith in Hood, tbh. He's a very weak defender and has always been extremely streaky.

If Exum and Mitchell are both core pieces/the future back court, I think Exum will have to play the 2 and Mitchell the 1. That's the only way I can see Mitchell being a star... they'll share ball handling duties