What's new

Eurobasket 2011: Turkey - Poland Starting Now!

He did not sign any contract yet due to lockout. So to speak he is free agent and Jazz have his NBA rights.

He did not sign any contract yet due to lockout. So to speak he is free agent and Jazz have his NBA rights.

i know that much,but how long is the standard conract? how many years? or is it up to the jazz?

i know that much,but how long is the standard conract? how many years? or is it up to the jazz?

As the CBA stands right now it would be a 3 year contract with a team option on the 4th year. As the third pick he well bank about the same as Favors. Around $4.2 million the first year, $4.6 the second, 4.9 the third and About $6 in the team option year.

As the CBA stands right now it would be a 3 year contract with a team option on the 4th year. As the third pick he well bank about the same as Favors. Around $4.2 million the first year, $4.6 the second, 4.9 the third and About $6 in the team option year.

thank you,finaly someone who knows

thank you,finaly someone who knows

Well, he's just explaining the way it USED TO BE. Until the new CBA is worked out no onw knows what rookie contracts will look like.

I'm sure he will get less than Favors due to the new CBA most likely paying players less money.

I think only two years are guaranteed, third and forth are team options.

i don't get it. why do you want someone to succeed if he doesn't play for the jazz, your national team or your favourite team or so? so why do you have a mancrush on him? is it his style of play, his character?

I just think he will be a good player. From what I have seen I like his game, and his attitude. There are many players throughout the league that I like, that are not Jazz players.

I know that this might be set out somewhere in the previous 20 or so pages - but is there a link to the highlights of the game or kanters performance anywhere? Much appreciated.

Cyrone:

What happened to the old moniker D...Rex?

The draft debate between Jonas and Kanter was interesting. People said Kanter couldn't play defense because of some video where he just stood in the key. What nobody analyzed was whether Kanter's defense was intentional. I thought it was. The guys he was leaving open missed every shot they took. I theorized that Kanter wanted these chumps to shoot. This tournament proved me right. Kanter's defense is very good. People complain he doesn't get a lot of lift, and I just ignore them. Kanter blocked more than his fair share of shots. Kanter doesn't have to be a high flyer to play good solid defense. Sometimes, staying on the floor, beating your man to the spot, and just being flat out stronger than everyone else is a real defensive asset. Tomorrow will be a real test. It would be a real test for any NBA player as Spain has three of the top 10 big men in the world playing for them.

As for Jonas people said he looked weak and awkward. In the videos I saw a big who actually excelled in the pick and roll game. Jonas was one of the few Euro bigs that really understands the pick and roll game. I wanted Kanter more, but Jonas is going to be a very good NBA player some day. The fact that Jonas is going to stay in Europe a few more years does make Kanter a better prospect right now for a team like the Jazz who needed a good rebounding big.

Cyrone:

The fact that Jonas is going to stay in Europe a few more years does make Kanter a better prospect right now for a team like the Jazz who needed a good rebounding big.

His buyout is complete. He is staying in Europe for one more year and in 2012-2013 he is coming to NBA ( as long as there is NBA season, lol )

Cyrone:

The draft debate between Jonas and Kanter was interesting. People said Kanter couldn't play defense because of some video where he just stood in the key. What nobody analyzed was whether Kanter's defense was intentional. I thought it was. The guys he was leaving open missed every shot they took. I theorized that Kanter wanted these chumps to shoot. This tournament proved me right. Kanter's defense is very good. People complain he doesn't get a lot of lift, and I just ignore them. Kanter blocked more than his fair share of shots. Kanter doesn't have to be a high flyer to play good solid defense. Sometimes, staying on the floor, beating your man to the spot, and just being flat out stronger than everyone else is a real defensive asset. Tomorrow will be a real test. It would be a real test for any NBA player as Spain has three of the top 10 big men in the world playing for them.

As for Jonas people said he looked weak and awkward. In the videos I saw a big who actually excelled in the pick and roll game. Jonas was one of the few Euro bigs that really understands the pick and roll game. I wanted Kanter more, but Jonas is going to be a very good NBA player some day. The fact that Jonas is going to stay in Europe a few more years does make Kanter a better prospect right now for a team like the Jazz who needed a good rebounding big.

From the videos, i told he is weak for nba, i mean JV, but i saw a more explosive player today. Yet i am not convinced yet that he will be as good as Kanter and i dont think he will. But i think he may be a good player too

Boy, I don't know what's worse, the Turkish "coaching" or their ballhoging backcourt. What a miserable selfish group they are.

Poor Kanter, he looks like he's one of the few to give a damn out there.

Cyrone:

Another thing. Kanter averaged nearly 50 and 30 that season and his team was up by around 30 in those clips. At some point, I forgive him for feeling bad for the over-powered team.

Another thing. Kanter averaged nearly 50 and 30 that season and his team was up by around 30 in those clips. At some point, I forgive him for feeling bad for the over-powered team.

True, true. I will hold of any real opinion on his defense until he gets in the NBA. The refs and players make it much harder to play defense there.