What's new

Eurobasket 2011: Turkey - Poland Starting Now!

aaquaa

Go Enes! (& Hedo & Ersan & Omer...)

This time I'm sure Coach Ene will start the game with 2 bigs: Omer Asik & Enes Kanter/Oguz Savas. Obviously living & dying by the mid/long range never works for the emotional Turks, so they will take the ball inside.

Interesting fact for the Lithuania game: if we subtract the scores of the last minutes of every quarter, Turkey wins by 7 instead of losing by 7. Feast for thought... But GVC & Cyrone already figured this out I guess.

Damn it. Turkey needs to try to feed the post like Poland does. I like the way Kanter fights down low for position. Hopefully NBA refs won't break his spirit, because a lot of them look like potential NBA fouls.

Turkey played a couple disciplined games, but they've been horrible for large stretches of the last two. The guards have absolutely no intention of passing to the bigs...ever. It's unbelievable. Plus, Tunceri's defense has been absolutely pathetic.

That block on Kanter is the reason I am concerned about his play in NBA, lack of lift and easy block on slow hook shot against double team. You need to pass out when you do not get separation as in NBA that shot will be blocked 100% of the time.

Kanter's D has been terrific so far. He's been quite a surprise defending perimeter players on switches. He never gets beat, but till keeps close enough to contest the sot.

That block on Kanter is the reason I am concerned about his play in NBA, lack of lift and easy block on slow hook shot against double team. You need to pass out when you do not get separation as in NBA that shot will be blocked 100% of the time.

Kanter's passing is probably his biggest weakness, but as I say that Kanter just got an assist out of a double team lol.

The shot clock was expiring...He had to shoot.

and here Kanter made great recognition and passed to Savas, quick learning!

Coach has to slap everyone a couple of times. If Turkey reaches halftime with <10-pt. difference they get the win... If they wake up.
AND GO BIG!

Looks like Kanter is going to face a double team every time he touches the ball. He is either going to have to work faster before he gets the double team, or pass out.