What's new

Eurobasket 2011: Turkey - Poland Starting Now!

That's it Omer. Go inside.
The Turkish commentator says this is the first time the head ref blew a whistle.

That foul call on Kanter was bizarre. Some guard reaches over him from behind while Kanter is shooting the ball and they call an offensive foul. That was an and 1 if anything.

If it wasn't for Kanter I would hate Tukrey. It's like watching an unexciting,slow version of The Warriors.

Poland timeout. These guys are dangerous: they know it takes all of 40 minutes to win or lose a game. They never give up.
On the other hand, Turks are really emotional. They can roll themselves into a ball & whimper or do the Voltron thing - you never know.

That block on Kanter is the reason I am concerned about his play in NBA, lack of lift and easy block on slow hook shot against double team. You need to pass out when you do not get separation as in NBA that shot will be blocked 100% of the time.

I think he will compensate for lack of lift by learning how to create more space for himself to get his shots off. He will also start to rely more on his jump shot. I think that little fadeaway baseline J will be a very effective shot for him.

No way Turkey wins a 3-pt contest against this team.

If they would take smart 3 pointers in rhythm they could. Pretty much ever Polish 3 attempt is off a pass that is open. Most Turkey attempts are late in the clock, and off the dribble.

I would be very concerned if I were Turkey.... if they lose they need to beat Spain to get to second round, otherwise it is over for them.

I would be very concerned if I were Turkey.... if they lose they need to beat Spain to get to second round, otherwise it is over for them.

They're down 4 at half, the game isnt over. However the coach really needs to have a good talk with them. Poland commited a series of consecutive turnovers there in the 2nd. If the game comes down to crunch-time, we might see more of that. Well, I hope so anyways

They're down 4 at half, the game isnt over. However the coach really needs to have a good talk with them. Poland commited a series of consecutive turnovers there in the 2nd. If the game comes down to crunch-time, we might see more of that. Well, I hope so anyways

The coach's style is obviously very hands off, Don Nelson style coaching. I don't expect him to have much effect.

Man if Gortat would be playing for Poland they could be very dangerous team, bunch of shooters and dominant ( for Europe level) center.