What's new

Eurobasket 2013

MVP

Not sure where but we need thread about upcoming Eurobasket 2013. It is disappointing Enes can't play due to injury but there will be plenty of NBA players participating so I expect some of you to watch it and discuss it. Mods can you sticky it until it will be over in September?

This one in September, pre-season in October and then the regular season kicks off. It says, 9-11 August there will be;

USA Basketball 3x3 U18 National Championship (Men & Women)
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Anyone from Colorado? Telecast or internet link?

[Friendly Tournament] Spor-Toto World Cup

23.08.2013 Turkey - Belgium
24.08.2013 Turkey- Croatia
25.08.2013 Turkey - Serbia

Turkey sucked terribly as always. Chucker( PG's that can't even chuck in Ender Arslan and Barış Ermiş, this team will eliminated in the first groups, no doubt. I hope idiot tanyeviç bring Kenan Sipahi('95 PG) and Berk Uğurlu(96 PG) to the team even to the starting line up. Kenan is better than Barış in every aspect of the Game. He started for Tofaş this year as a 17 year old white guy, played against good international players at EuroChallange.

But in reality, ender arslan the ball hog aka pooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor man's Jennings gonna chuck

So Pekovic is not going to play for Montenegro due to unresolved contract talks. There goes Montenegro hopes at making some noise with Nikola ( Vucevic and Pekovic) twin towers.

Is this the one where AK does very well, then we are all told over and over for weeks how AK will rule the NBA now? That league?

I'm no sure about Vucevic&Pekovic duo is better than Asik&Ilyasova&Kanter trio, which will not be seen this year nevertheless.

It's not just injury that Kanter's situation.He rejected to join last year, and this is a dignity issue in turkey.I'm not convinced that Kanter will play in national team in near future, regarding his interviews.It depends on coaching as well.There is a high possibility after the team sucks next tournament, the bill is gonna be paid by Tanjevic.

Some consideration would be necessary before asserting NBA to be better than European basketball.
NBA is well-marketed and a attraction center.

Money brings popularity.

I'm no sure about Vucevic&Pekovic duo is better than Asik&Ilyasova&Kanter trio, which will not be seen this year nevertheless.

It's not just injury that Kanter's situation.He rejected to join last year, and this is a dignity issue in turkey.I'm not convinced that Kanter will play in national team in near future, regarding his interviews.It depends on coaching as well.There is a high possibility after the team sucks next tournament, the bill is gonna be paid by Tanjevic.

Some consideration would be necessary before asserting NBA to be better than European basketball.
NBA is well-marketed and a attraction center.

Money brings popularity.

I've read an article about that in which Tanjevic said Kanter will eventually play for his NT. Sounded more optimistic and welcoming about it. So I say "why not the next tournament?" for Kanter.

Is this the one where AK does very well, then we are all told over and over for weeks how AK will rule the NBA now? That league?

I appreciate for showing your ignorance, now would you excuse us and go watch your rugby with spandex, kevlar armor and helmets.

I've read an article about that in which Tanjevic said Kanter will eventually play for his NT. Sounded more optimistic and welcoming about it. So I say "why not the next tournament?" for Kanter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ls1NBhAS-4

Kanter says "Kismet" to the NT question. I don't see him not wanting the NT. So I agree, he will be on the team one day.

On the other hand, it's just wrong trying to punish the kid and scare him away from the NT. If he were healthy, he still weren't gonna make the roster. The main problem is Turgay Demirel and his crew(excluding Tanjevic, I like him). Especially I'm so ****ing disappointed with Pegasus, he probably had the most beautiful and aesthetic playing style ever and he was hell of a player but he's just a puppet of TD now, he behaves just like an arse licker, he and TD are trying to beat and punish Kanter(a 20 year old kid) instead of trying to win and educate him.

Yes he(Kanter) had wrongs with all that attitude, ditching the team at the last moment and not answering the phones and all but, hands down he will be the best C/PF we will have for the next decade and we should try to gain adherence of him and help him to become a truly good player.

Last edited:
Watching Turkey-Slovenia right now, Ersan is finally on the court and the team looks better. But Turkey has no chance whatsoever in the championship with the current guard rotation.

enes-kanter1-682x1024.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCQTr8ZYdhg