What's new

Eurobasket 2013

This loss is on LT coach and their game plan. Terrible execution and no adjustments, no use of big guys on offense at all, trying to win shooting from outside only?

This loss is on LT coach and their game plan. Terrible execution and no adjustments, no use of big guys on offense at all, trying to win shooting from outside only?
This is what I was gonna write exactly. Horrible 3rd quarter five from coach. Macuilus, Kleiza, JV are all on the bench and he is playing with Javtokas who have almost zero offense. Plus he let Kalnietis to ruin the 3rd quarter on his own.

JV got the first offensive rebound of the team in the 4th quarter btw. Why the coach even bothered to play him that late, idiot.

Not to mention to the horrible defense against Diaw, lastly.

This is what I was gonna write exactly. Horrible 3rd quarter five from coach. Macuilus, Kleiza, JV are all on the bench and he is playing with Javtokas who have almost zero offense. Plus he let Kalnietis to ruin the 3rd quarter on his own.

JV got the first offensive rebound of the team in the 4th quarter btw. Why the coach even bothered to play him that late, idiot.

Not to mention to the horrible defense against Diaw, lastly.

yeah, coach's love for veterans in Europe is sometimes hard to understand. I think it saved us frustration to not watch Enes sit on the Turkey's bench while Tomjanovic would have played Erden, Ozul or some other veteran guys infront of him.

Reactions: ema
It was the weakest eurobasket ever.
Btw France deserve it.
It's funnny no celebration here in france,no horn... lol.

Honestly I do not think of it that way. It's just that we have become accustomed to the European top talent out there. 20 years back there were no such top talent like Parker, Gasol(s), Nowitzki. Thus Eurobasket was weaker as a whole. It's just the weakest(most meaningless) Eurobasket of the last 6 or 8 years or something, since Pau and Dirk went AWOL. The rest was right there.

Honestly I do not think of it that way. It's just that we have become accustomed to the European top talent out there. 20 years back there were no such top talent like Parker, Gasol(s), Nowitzki. Thus Eurobasket was weaker as a whole. It's just the weakest(most meaningless) Eurobasket of the last 6 or 8 years or something, since Pau and Dirk went AWOL. The rest was right there.

I agree that it was one of the weaker championships as numerous great players chose not to participate. With all due respect to Gasol and Dirk we can't forget about such European NBA players like AK, Ibaka, Galinari, Bargnani, Kanter, Pekovic, Mozgov or European stars like Navaro who did not participate for one or the other reason. It is impossible to get all of the best players to play but this one had unusually large number of stars skipping it. Lets hope next years WC will be better quality.

Teodosic, Khryapa, Lorbek, Savanovic, Diamantidis (retired but can still play),Planinic, Luol Deng, Boom bitches...

All disappointment team
1st Team
McCalebbski, Spanoulis, Papanikolaou, Ilyasova, Asik
2 team
Rubio, Calderon, Turkoball, Printezis, Gortat

Teodosic, Khryapa, Lorbek, Savanovic, Diamantidis (retired but can still play),Planinic, Luol Deng, Boom bitches...

All disappointment team
1st Team
McCalebbski, Spanoulis, Papanikolaou, Ilyasova, Asik
2 team
Rubio, Calderon, Turkoball, Printezis, Gortat

asik and ilyasova needs pass first pg's and good offensive systems to be effective.
Turkey don't have any sets, any runplays etc. We have HEDO-Chuck

Reactions: ema
I agree that it was one of the weaker championships as numerous great players chose not to participate. With all due respect to Gasol and Dirk we can't forget about such European NBA players like AK, Ibaka, Galinari, Bargnani, Kanter, Pekovic, Mozgov or European stars like Navaro who did not participate for one or the other reason. It is impossible to get all of the best players to play but this one had unusually large number of stars skipping it. Lets hope next years WC will be better quality.
Speaking of WC... Italy, Turkey, Greece, Germany, Russia are all in need of wild card now to participate in the world championship. Since there are only 4 wild cards and with the rule of max 3 wild cards per continent, at least two of these countries won't be in Spain next year. There is even a strong possibility that Fiba will give only two wild cards to Europe.

So once again, considering some other European NTs like Montenegro, B&H, Latvia, Macedonia, Finland etc there will be lots of decent European countries that won't be in Spain while a lot of horrible teams from Africa and Asia will be there.

But it's the World Cup anyway, it's always been this way, so no blame on FIBA.

Speaking of WC... Italy, Turkey, Greece, Germany, Russia are all in need of wild card now to participate in the world championship. Since there are only 4 wild cards and with the rule of max 3 wild cards per continent, at least two of these countries won't be in Spain next year. There is even a strong possibility that Fiba will give only two wild cards to Europe.

So once again, considering some other European NTs like Montenegro, B&H, Latvia, Macedonia, Finland etc there will be lots of decent European countries that won't be in Spain while a lot of horrible teams from Africa and Asia will be there.

But it's the World Cup anyway, it's always been this way, so no blame on FIBA.

Germany won't get one except Schröder goes ROY and is healthy and ready to show up.
Canada will get one if Wiggins participates. Maybe huge improvement of Tristan Thompson and a good start of Bennett will move the bar in their favor as well w/o Wiggins.
If Bargnani, Gallinari, Bellinelli suit up I expect Italy to receive one.
I really hope Greece getts one for their strong youth development over the past years.
The fourth I wouldn't know who to give it to honestly. Maybe there's another South American team with decent depth? And Brazil if I'm not mistaken needs a wildcard as well.

Germany won't get one except Schröder goes ROY and is healthy and ready to show up.
Canada will get one if Wiggins participates. Maybe huge improvement of Tristan Thompson and a good start of Bennett will move the bar in their favor as well w/o Wiggins.
If Bargnani, Gallinari, Bellinelli suit up I expect Italy to receive one.
I really hope Greece getts one for their strong youth development over the past years.
The fourth I wouldn't know who to give it to honestly. Maybe there's another South American team with decent depth? And Brazil if I'm not mistaken needs a wildcard as well.
I really hope for Greece too. Yep, Brazil needs a wildcard as well. And you are right about Germany too. It will be between Greece, Russia, Turkey, Italy for two of the invitations. And, Brazil, Canada, China, Taiwan, Tunisia for the other two.

I think Italy has the best chance to grab one. Turkey doesn't deserve considering the recent performance but we were runner up the previous WC and have a lot of sponsorship deals, it will be hard for FIBA to ignore that. Besides, there is a 500K fee for a wildcard(it's more like an official bribery, lol) and Greece might not want to pay such a huge price. Turkey and Russia on the other hand can even raise the price under the table.

I really hope for Greece too. Yep, Brazil needs a wildcard as well. And you are right about Germany too. It will be between Greece, Russia, Turkey, Italy for two of the invitations. And, Brazil, Canada, China, Taiwan, Tunisia for the other two.

I think Italy has the best chance to grab one. Turkey doesn't deserve considering the recent performance but we were runner up the previous WC and have a lot of sponsorship deals, it will be hard for FIBA to ignore that. Besides, there is a 500K fee for a wildcard(it's more like an official bribery, lol) and Greece might not want to pay such a huge price. Turkey and Russia on the other hand can even raise the price under the table.

Is Basketball, Soccer now? Definitely think Brazil will get one. Strongest of the non European teams. Problem is none of their best players played in the Americas tournament.

Is Basketball, Soccer now? Definitely think Brazil will get one. Strongest of the non European teams. Problem is none of their best players played in the Americas tournament.

Here is my take on it. Brazil and Canada are going to be strong candidates, same as Russia and Greece. Don't forget China's huge market, almost a sure bet to get that wild card. That leaves little hope for Italy and Turkey, sorry I really doubt it will happen.

Here is my take on it. Brazil and Canada are going to be strong candidates, same as Russia and Greece. Don't forget China's huge market, almost a sure bet to get that wild card. That leaves little hope for Italy and Turkey, sorry I really doubt it will happen.

All teams have strong debates imo. I believe FIBA won't dismiss China. That leaves Canada and Brazil to fight for the other one.

I give the least chance to Russia for the Europe. It will be a battle between Turkey, Greece and Italy.