What's new

Evan Fournier

jjscap

ORL is shopping him. Do you think we should trade for this guy?

I think a quality player is undervalued when playing for poorly managed clubs ala ORL, SAC, CHI. So Evan can be better that he already is (averaging 18 points on 45/39/89 this year). He's making $17m/year until 2021.

Dude loves Utah, is a close friend of Gobert.. 25 years old. I'd say he'd be an upgrade over Hood, may even shine in Q's system. What do you say?

Fournier, who vacationed in Utah over the offseason, is presumably the most attractive trade chip mentioned in the aforementioned report. The Frenchman has obvious connections to Utah’s star player Rudy Gobert, who he played alongside at the 2014 World Cup and at the 2015 Eurobasket tournament.

http://hoopshype.com/2018/01/15/evan-fournier-trade-rumors-orlando-magic-utah-jazz/

Fournier is just a streaky shooter like Hood, perhaps with more regularity.
He's good associate with DJ Augustin and average or bad with Elfrid Payton. Rubio and Payton have the same profile.
Associate Ricky "can't create space" Rubio with Evan "just a streaky shooter" Fournier is an error.

45/39/89 is “just a streaky shooter” ? K
I’d happily exchange a couple if our chumps for this dude

He is more consistent and at least gets to the ft line more.

On the other hand, fg% is not a good indicator for 'streakiness' as it just represents an average of good and bad shooting games. Is there an indicator based on something like variance (deviation from the mean)? That would be more accurate.

Last edited:
Like I mentioned in another thread - sit down Michell, Gobert and Ingles. Talk to them about the future of the team.

If Gobert lights up like a Christmas tree over Fournier, pursue the idea. If the guys are committed to Hood, give Hood until the deadline at least.

Whatever decision is made, start making it together. We dont need to give those 3 too much power, but we need everybody on the same page.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Would love to get Fournier, but don’t think Hood has enough value. We’d have to offer more. And I don’t want to give up any more first round picks. Wonder if they’d have any interest in Burks and Hood together.

I haven't watch him play much but if he likes Utah, plays basketball, speaks French, and is elite shooter off screens? o_O

I'm about the tank, so I'm a bit uncertain with how I would proceed with acquiring players right now, but if I were more on the wanting to win games side of things, I'd offer Hood and a top-10 protected 2019 1st.

There are a few ways to get Fournier:

Option 1:
Burks and Hood for Fournier. Orlando probably says no.

Option 2:
Favors and Hood for Fournier. This would be close. Orlando would bank on signing Hood for less than Fournier. All depends on how much value Favors has.

Option 3:
Rubio or Burks and our first for Fournier. Interesting for both sides. They are shopping Payton and only have Augustin. Maybe they don't mind one more year of Rubio as long as they get a pick. I see us saying no more than Orlando. Maybe Burks is worth it for us.

Option 4:
Rubio, Burks, and Favors for Fournier and Biyombo. We get a good player in Fournier pretty much because we pay Biyombo $17 million the next two years. Orlando would jump at this but I doubt we would. That $17 million for Biyombo the 2019-20 season is pretty rough (although he did have 10 rebounds and 3 blocks in the first quarter last night...).

I would probably go with #4 if Orlando threw in some pick swap options in 2019 and/or 2020

I'm about the tank, so I'm a bit uncertain with how I would proceed with acquiring players right now, but if I were more on the wanting to win games side of things, I'd offer Hood and a top-10 protected 2019 1st.

It’s tank season. We can do a deal on draft night or in the offseason if they’d like.

Only caveat is if they were willing to swap Hood for Evan we’d need to do it now but that doesn’t make a lot of sense to me.

Option 1:

Option 2:
Favors and Hood for Fournier. This would be close. Orlando would bank on signing Hood for less than Fournier. All depends on how much value Favors has.

Option 3:
Rubio or Burks and our first for Fournier. Interesting for both sides. They are shopping Payton and only have Augustin. Maybe they don't mind one more year of Rubio as long as they get a pick. I see us saying no more than Orlando. Maybe Burks is worth it for us.

Option 4:
Rubio, Burks, and Favors for Fournier and Biyombo. We get a good player in Fournier pretty much because we pay Biyombo $17 million the next two years. Orlando would jump at this but I doubt we would. That $17 million for Biyombo the 2019-20 season is pretty rough (although he did have 10 rebounds and 3 blocks in the first quarter last night...).

I would probably go with #4 if Orlando threw in some pick swap options in 2019 and/or 2020
I’d totally do number 4 if we also picked up Mirotic. Biyombo puts a damper on cap but securing Mirotic fixes that.

I’d totally do number 4 if we also picked up Mirotic. Biyombo puts a damper on cap but securing Mirotic fixes that.

If we picked up Fournier and Biyombo, Hood and/or Exum is all but gone because we wouldn't have the cap to keep both. Now if we trade Rubio, Burks and JoeJ to Orlando for Biyombo and Fournier, we could turn and trade Hood and Favors to Cleveland and have a chance at that Brooklyn pick.

If we could trade Rubio, Burks, JoeJ, Favors and Hood to end up with Fournier, Biyombo and the Brooklyn pick, we would be doing allright. I doubt we could still get Mirotic though.

If we picked up Fournier and Biyombo, Hood and/or Exum is all but gone because we wouldn't have the cap to keep both. Now if we trade Rubio, Burks and JoeJ to Orlando for Biyombo and Fournier, we could turn and trade Hood and Favors to Cleveland and have a chance at that Brooklyn pick.

If we could trade Rubio, Burks, JoeJ, Favors and Hood to end up with Fournier, Biyombo and the Brooklyn pick, we would be doing allright. I doubt we could still get Mirotic though.
Sorry I thought Hood was in #4.

Our salary next year is $82. Subtract Burks and Rubio and you're at $55.5. Add in Biyombo ($17), Fournier ($17.5) and Mirotic ($12.5) and you're at $102.5 and only Exum to negotiate with.

If his game regresses like his hairline then that contract will look awful by year end.
"The Jazz have not been significantly hampered by injury."

- Something I could see David Stern's grinning face saying.

[yes I know he's not the commissioner, it's just what comes to mind]

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Option 4:

Option 3 or 4 would be most beneficial to our team I believe. Good write up!