What's new

Exit Interviews

It’s a bull **** excuse imo... both that we wore down and that he couldn’t find someone that would take a role here. Again... we had two opportunities to sign Torrey Craig... could have used BAE to sign him for more than the minimum... could have traded some cash for him... or the second rounder we sent in the Thomas deal.

Quin stealing a few minutes in blowouts wasn’t a bug load management deal. It’s frustrating but only because a guy can get hurt... the extra two or three minutes in the 20 or so blowouts ain’t no thing.
Even with blowouts, how many times were we blowing a team out with 5:00 left and our starting unit was still out there? This happened frequently and even in the playoffs. Guys like Brantley, Eliza, and Morgan just sat on the bench and rotted while our main guys added miles.

Even with blowouts, how many times were we blowing a team out with 5:00 left and our starting unit was still out there? This happened frequently and even in the playoffs. Guys like Brantley, Eliza, and Morgan just sat on the bench and rotted while our main guys added miles.
The extra two minutes doesn’t add up at all. We needed depth to just load manage guys during the season or spell them in the playoffs. It’s just a BS excuse... like other teams are fresh as a daisy. Our main guys average less than a lot of other teams... that ain’t it at all.

It’s a bull **** excuse imo... both that we wore down and that he couldn’t find someone that would take a role here. Again... we had two opportunities to sign Torrey Craig... could have used BAE to sign him for more than the minimum... could have traded some cash for him... or the second rounder we sent in the Thomas deal.

Quin stealing a few minutes in blowouts wasn’t a bug load management deal. It’s frustrating but only because a guy can get hurt... the extra two or three minutes in the 20 or so blowouts ain’t no thing.
Valuing Matt Thomas over Craig who has deep playoffs experience and fits a need just exposed this FO in the worst way. If there's ever the final straw for fans confidence in jazz management after all those weak moves over the course of last four years, that surely was it.

Valuing Matt Thomas over Craig who has deep playoffs experience and fits a need just exposed this FO in the worst way. If there's ever the final straw for fans confidence in jazz management after all those weak moves over the course of last four years, that surely was it.
Matt Thomas isn’t an nba player... flat out. If DL is back so Matt will be too... DL loves sunk costs

Matt Thomas isn’t an nba player... flat out. If DL is back so Matt will be too... DL loves sunk costs
I just have the fear that Matt might be DL's new "Niang" after we let the real one walk this offseason. Spending year after year to groom him into a borderline rotation guy who's just gonna get abused deep in the season, if the Jazz ever gets there again.

I just have the fear that Matt might be DL's new "Niang" after we let the real one walk this offseason. Spending year after year to groom him into a borderline rotation guy who's just gonna get abused deep in the season, if the Jazz ever gets there again.
He’s garbage. He can shoot but can’t get his shot off. Everything else he is s basically hot garbage. Great work DL... what a winner.

He’s garbage. He can shoot but can’t get his shot off. Everything else he is s basically hot garbage. Great work DL... what a winner.
i mean I'm hardly surprised by this Matt Thomas acquisition. He isn't the first undersized guard who DL brought onto this roster.

There is a pattern for DL's long obsessions with one dimensional guards. Burke, DM, Olivier Hanlan, Allen, JWF, NWG, Matt Thomas, Hughes, JC, Conley.

Bruce Brown who's well capable of switching onto multiple positions simply doesn't fit the mold here.

I get that DL should’ve added players. But it made no sense playing our starters deep into blowouts. It wore them down and prevented others from developing. This needs to change. Even if we had drafted better or added Craig, would they have gotten time if Q Thibbs our starters?

With 3 minutes left, Rudy got an offensive rebound when we were down 3. He fumbled it and was stripped. They went the other way to make it a 5 point game. Closest we got.

Who is he gonna punish?

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
I would’ve liked guys giving him chances. It keeps players engaged if they know they might have a chance of scoring. Clearly, he needs to improve offensively. But I would’ve liked to have seen him given chances to **** up or score. Consistently ignoring him when he’s wide open frustrates him and it shows our hand to the defense. They knew they wouldn’t have to guard him since we weren’t even looking for him.

Part of the problem was the scrubs would blow the leads. One time they had to reinsert the starters. What frustrated me was not developing a few of our scrubs. You could insert then in a blowout with some of the other starters or bench guys instead of sending in all the scrubs together. Image if Udoka and Hughes got to play with the starters or bench guys perhaps they would have been ready come playoff time or at least lessen the load on our starters. Not signing Torrey Craig was just flat out stupid. The Jazz had front row seats in the Denver series. Denver wishes they had him back and Phoenix loves the guy. Instead we get Matt Thomas who is not an NBAer.

Last edited:
I would’ve liked guys giving him chances. It keeps players engaged if they know they might have a chance of scoring. Clearly, he needs to improve offensively. But I would’ve liked to have seen him given chances to **** up or score. Consistently ignoring him when he’s wide open frustrates him and it shows our hand to the defense. They knew they wouldn’t have to guard him since we weren’t even looking for him.
I agree to a certain extent. I think getting it to him is easier said than done.

Many times, when you see Rudy streaking free, he's throwing his arm up around the free throw line. Getting the ball over a PG or Kawhi and by any other teammates pinching in is tough.

For Giannis, you bounce pass by that double team past the screen and he can take a dribble before finishing at the rim. Rudy simply lacks the ability to do anything other than catch, step, finish or finish a lob. Also, in the playoffs, opponents came out 5-10 feet further making the pass that much longer and harder.

Yes Rudy is open, but it's a lot harder to get him the ball than some make it out to be.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app

I am fairly sure we pressure up so they cant shoot off the dribble... betting that Rudy can help. But then our rotations get sloppy... even if Rudy cuts off the paint.

It’s partly scheme partly talent partly drive. We also don’t get physical... not sure if it’s because we avoid fouling or just don’t have those types on the roster.

I don’t know that we can just use the old “do it better” method anymore.
Rotations were on point for the most part in the second quarter, for some reason we forgot how to do that in the second half

I get that DL should’ve added players. But it made no sense playing our starters deep into blowouts. It wore them down and prevented others from developing. This needs to change. Even if we had drafted better or added Craig, would they have gotten time if Q Thibbs our starters?
I guess I understand Quin leaving starters in when the Jazz are up big because the scrub squad was so bad. I think this is where DL comes into the equation. When the Jazz were getting blown out Quin always had the core guys out there fighting just to get it down to single digits to then have nothing in the tank to finish the comeback. It was always a waste.

I wonder if Rudy is capable of some sort of push shot when rolling to rim to avoid the charge. He's awkward as hell so everything beyond a dunk seems to be a stretch