What's new

Extra Insight: Donovan's Power Move Destroyed the Lockeroom

I'll be honest: The only time I ever see the idea that "Our issues were all because of Donovan" is when Lopo is using it to attack a strawman.
@NUMBERICA

No I don't. He made the statement because he doesn't add to discussions. He just comes in to make comments. He should look it up or acknowledge.

Every Donovan thread out right now is blaming him for:

- our trainer leaving
- Joe's ACL tear
- our offense breaking down late in the season
- our defensive issues
- our locker room issues
- Quin leaving
- Rudy getting traded
- Ainge blowing it up
- making everybody only say yes to him
- inflation
- Cy's Twitter career
- Cy's bans
- Oily Anal Discharge

@NUMBERICA

No I don't. He made the statement because he doesn't add to discussions. He just comes in to make comments. He should look it up or acknowledge.

- our trainer leaving
- Joe's ACL tear
- our defensive issues
- our locker room issues
- Quin leaving
- Rudy getting traded
- Ainge blowing it up
- inflation
- Cy's Twitter career
- Cy's bans
- Oily Anal Discharge
giphy.gif

Attachments

• 1658947294305.png
    1658947294305.png
    145.5 KB · Views: 5
@NUMBERICA

Let me cut off your tantrum to point out that there is a mighty difference between saying Donovan contributed to our issues and "Our issues were all because of Donovan".

@NUMBERICA

- our trainer leaving
Is that even debatable?
- Joe's ACL tear
That's BS.
He's not alone to blame but certainly was big part of the problem.
- our defensive issues
Yep. Again, not the only problem, but problem nonetheless.
- our locker room issues
See above.
- Quin leaving
We can never know for sure but we know what Quin's stated reason was. And we know what we're some of the biggest problems of Mitchell's game. Those just happen to coincide almost perfectly.
- Rudy getting traded
Before Ainge came, if we decided to build around Donovan, I would have had more trust in this theory, but as it stands right now, IMO Ainge just didn't believe in this core as a whole and just decided to blow it all up. Just happened to get great offer for Rudy first. So I would say - probably not to blame for Rudy getting traded, unless in some very roundabout way.
- Ainge blowing it up
He's part of it but IMO not the biggest part. I wouldn't blame him for it.
He very likely tried to exert his power as a superstar on the organization and definitely got some things done on his behalf. Problem is... His play didn't justify us sticking with this type of arrangement and we seem to be moving away from it under the new management.
- inflation
- Cy's Twitter career
- Cy's bans
- Oily Anal Discharge
:oops:

Is that even debatable?

That's BS.

He's not alone to blame but certainly was big part of the problem.

Yep. Again, not the only problem, but problem nonetheless.

See above.

We can never know for sure but we know what Quin's stated reason was. And we know what we're some of the biggest problems of Mitchell's game. Those just happen to coincide almost perfectly.

Before Ainge came, if we decided to build around Donovan, I would have had more trust in this theory, but as it stands right now, IMO Ainge just didn't believe in this core as a whole and just decided to blow it all up. Just happened to get great offer for Rudy first. So I would say - probably not to blame for Rudy getting traded, unless in some very roundabout way.

He's part of it but IMO not the biggest part. I wouldn't blame him for it.

He very likely tried to exert his power as a superstar on the organization and definitely got some things done on his behalf. Problem is... His play didn't justify us sticking with this type of arrangement and we seem to be moving away from it under the new management.

:oops:
A very reasonable response to what little we know and what we can see.

There is plenty of DM blame/hate from a few people around here lately. There has been a bit of Rudy hate around here lately too.
Man I miss the days when we weren't divided and all could hate Hayward together.

I just think it’s really funny how some fans can hear the organization’s mouthpiece and varnisher of truth, Tony Jones, tell everyone that Donovan Mitchell is someone that requires standing up to and they think we need to build around that garbage.
Fair point but what TJ said is not unique or isolated. A number of others have commented about Donny in the locker room and Donny not listening to Quin. I am not putting TJ on any kind of pedestal but ignoring this kind of information in the context of a lot of other comments is denial.

Idk, Don's behavior on the court changed dramatically after Joe left. He became a black hole on offense, especially at the end of games where he became the worst clutch player in the league by a mile. No way to know how much was Joe's influence, but it sure is interesting we see a true change on the court after we trade Joe, even when he hadn't been playing for a while due to his injury and the play hadn't really changed that much until he was actually traded. Then the blender stopped, and the end of game melt-downs became not just more frequent but damn near inevitable. If Joe were a solid locker-room presence, for whatever reason, then what we saw on the court sure makes sense in that context when he left.

Point is there is actual tangible documented and data-driven evidence as to a change in the team and DM's play. Now whether it is causation or correlation is fully up to debate, since we weren't in the locker room. But guys like Jones, even if he is just a glorified fan, had access we did not. So even if he is spinning this nicely, it still is pretty damning and fully fits the evidence available to us.
There are lots of sources and lots of evidence that things went South with Donny and the locker room and the team. Folks will choose to believe whatever they choose to believe.

A very reasonable response to what little we know and what we can see.

There is plenty of DM blame/hate from a few people around here lately. There has been a bit of Rudy hate around here lately too.
Man I miss the days when we weren't divided and all could hate Hayward together.

b0e1e3f3-41e9-4031-a9ec-7428c2f6c3f8_text.gif

Let me cut off your tantrum to point out that there is a mighty difference between saying Donovan contributed to our issues and "Our issues were all because of Donovan".
Exactly my point all along. To my dumb list from earlier....

Quin is partly guilty for...

- our trainer leaving
- Joe's ACL tear
- our defensive issues
- our locker room issues
- Quin leaving
- Rudy getting traded
- Ainge blowing it up

Rudy is partly guilty for...

- our trainer leaving
- Joe's ACL tear
- our defensive issues
- our locker room issues
- Quin leaving
- Rudy getting traded
- Ainge blowing it up

Our Front Office is partly guilty for...

- our trainer leaving
- Joe's ACL tear
- our defensive issues
- our locker room issues
- Quin leaving
- Rudy getting traded
- Ainge blowing it up

The amount of work Lopo puts in to defend Donovan Mitchell is impressive.

Is it good work? No

But it's a lot of work.

Fair point but what TJ said is not unique or isolated. A number of others have commented about Donny in the locker room and Donny not listening to Quin. I am not putting TJ on any kind of pedestal but ignoring this kind of information in the context of a lot of other comments is denial.
Maybe I wasn’t clear: if TJ of all people is saying that about Donovan, then you can guarantee his accounting is an at least somewhat downplayed version of reality.