What's new

Extra Insight: Donovan's Power Move Destroyed the Lockeroom

Psshh. Let me do you one better.

Don't y'all remember Dougie Fresh (aka Doug Birrell) ? He was part of the training staff, he'd been with the team since Malone had him hired and he passed away back in 2021 from cancer.

He was absolutely loved by the entire team from Donovan to Rudy and everyone in between. So by Cy's own logic really it was his passing that was truly the beginning of the down fall.

But who's to blame for that, we have to assign blame cause that's what we do, so lets burn the witch!! Question is why do witches burn?
Because they're made of.....wood?
So.... How do we tell whether they are made of wood?
Does wood sink in water?
What also floats in water?
A Duck!
So there for logic dictates we need weigh everyone on the Jazz and on this board across from a duck on a large scale and whoever weighs the same as the duck is the witch!
I was sure the answer was very small rocks.

This is stupid. We’re blaming trainers on Jingles tearing his ACL?

I’m guessing his age, Quin playing players deep into decided games, and the unlucky abrupt stop that put so much stress that it tore that ligament had far more to do with the injury than a change in trainers.

Besides, it’s not like this team was going anywhere pre injury. We weren’t contenders. The team was already clearly suffering from chemistry issues before jingles went down. Best case scenario? The Jazz would’ve made it out of the first round and then burned out quickly in the second round.

Also I love how people are hyperfocusing on the hyperbolic ACL stuff and ignoring the fact that Donovan destroyed the lockerroom culture with his power move.

That's my fault tho. I forgot how there is a small minority of the board who will do everything in their power to derail discussion when it's an uncomfortable truth.

JJs insight about how important a training staff is to the team culture. The fact that we just had our worst season from a vibes standpoint coinciding with a big change in the training staff makes more sense with that insight from JJ.

It's wild how much y'all want to stick your fingers in your ears and close your eyes.

You should have started with that post. I like how it has no mention of donovan tearing ingles ACL.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

This is stupid. We’re blaming trainers on Jingles tearing his ACL?

I’m guessing his age, Quin playing players deep into decided games, and the unlucky abrupt stop that put so much stress that it tore that ligament had far more to do with the injury than a change in trainers.

Besides, it’s not like this team was going anywhere pre injury. We weren’t contenders. The team was already clearly suffering from chemistry issues before jingles went down. Best case scenario? The Jazz would’ve made it out of the first round and then burned out quickly in the second round.
1658849295625.png

Thank you Lopo for making this thread have more engagement.

We need more threads that highlight Donovan tanking the team to be at the top of the thread list.

Please note I didn't say Mitchell.
Dude.
In the same press conference where it was announced that Mike Elliot was let go for personal reasons, Justin Zanek made the declaration that the team, management and *trainer staff* was 100% vaccinated (note that Mike's replacement had not yet been hired so him leaving was very noteworthy) and it was the only team in the league to achieve it (who would be impressed by this personal health status that was currently in the office; maybe a message to players before training camp started?). Zanek also said strongly that Mike Elliot was not let go due to the controversy around Donovan's ankle during the playoffs.
This forum makes me wonder sometimes.

Dude.

This forum makes me wonder sometimes.
Wait you are going to believe the organization on this? That is like trusting "science" on things like the "round-earth theory". ****ing sheeple.

My point was that I was not pinpointing Mitchell. It looks like I was providing evidence to clear his name.
I know. You were using Zanik's statement to clear his name while simultaneously implying Zanik is a liar when he said that Elliot left because he wanted to pursue other opportunities.

By the same logic, your bogus accusation is also debunked by Zanik's statement.

I know. You were using Zanik's statement to clear his name while simultaneously implying Zanik is a liar when he said that Elliot left because he wanted to pursue other opportunities.

By the same logic, your bogus accusation is also debunked by Zanik's statement.
Zanik is a liar? Can you please list out what I am implying? I am losing track of all the details - implied or not.

Zanik is a liar? Can you please list out what I am implying? I am losing track of all the details - implied or not.
You accused Elliot of being fired for not getting vaccinated. Zanik said Elliot left because he wanted to pursue other opportunities. Ergo, your accusation implies that Zanik is lying.

I can't spoonfeed it to you any more than that.