What's new

Exum coming back this season or not?

dong2ha

Premium Jazz Fan
Contributor
Title says it all.

Is exum coming back this season?

I still believe he can be a great pg for us in the future. He plays well with rudy too.

exum + mitchell + rudy + draft pick this year will be our future.

God I hope so.

This year is a wash, Id love Dante to get some minutes where he can concentrate on his game instead of the win now mentality we've had over the last 2 years.

It will break me if I never see the DMX backcourt become a reality.

Im hoping we get some sort of an update around the new year but I doubt it. Jazz dont want to put a timetable on his recovery. I think we will find out when he starts full contact practice. If its this year then they are trying to bring him back. Im really hoping post all-star we get to see him in limited minutes. Although I worry if he plays well it will drive up his price.

If he has the chance I say let's see where the tank is at. If we are tanking I say let wait till next season.

It'd be nice if he can get some burn this season.

Sure it would. But everything I have seen makes that seem unlikely. If that is the case and the Jazz are tanking then let him rest. No need to push it. Damn his injury sucks.

If he has the chance I say let's see where the tank is at. If we are tanking I say let wait till next season.

We are perfectly capable of losing if Exum makes it back.

Id have DM putting up 25+ shots a night while Dante puts up 20+ pull ups a game. Be super aggressive on perimeter defense and have Exum and DM gel a bit.

Whats everyones feeling in regards to the FO and Exum?

Do they still beleive in him?
Is he still a part of the teams future?
Has the FO seen enough?

Has the FO seen enough?

The QS interview w/ Chris Mannix definitely made it sound like Exum is very much a center-piece of the future.

Has the FO seen enough?

I think Snyder believes in him a lot. I think the FO trusts Snyders opinion of the players. I would be shocked if we didnt keep him after this season. Unless for some reason a great trade came along. But I think that statement is true of all out players. I think we would trade anyone if the right trade came along. I think Gobert, Mitchell, Exum, Ingles and probably Hood are our top keepers from the FO opinion right now and in that order.

The way I understood it the answer is no. Frankly it will make no difference. He is not a difference-maker and likely will not ever be really.

I think Snyder believes in him a lot. I think the FO trusts Snyders opinion of the players. I would be shocked if we didnt keep him after this season. Unless for some reason a great trade came along. But I think that statement is true of all out players. I think we would trade anyone if the right trade came along. I think Gobert, Mitchell, Exum, Ingles and probably Hood are our top keepers from the FO opinion right now and in that order.
The way Hood has played I'd be surprised if he was that high on the list.

The way Hood has played I'd be surprised if he was that high on the list.
He has been inconsistent but I think the staff believes in him. Although impeding free agency might scare them into trading him if they think he will get a big offer.

We've asked a lot of Hood. We are asking him to do what Benedict did in 5yrs in a single offseason.
I hope he plays better going forward. Because right now I see him as a backup SG/SF who should get minutes only if his shot is falling.

This is not Hood's first season.