What's new

Exum Update

Not much has been said about exum’s injury since his operation.

Anybody got any updated info?
This gets asked a lot and most people respond by saying he's done for the year and or until he's not injured, but the fact of the matter is the Jazz have been very closed lip on his injury and recovery time. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

I agree they have been very quiet with his injury.

Seems odd why they haven’t given out any info...

I mean even Hayward’s injury has been updated on occasions and that was most definitely a season ending injury.

Better question might be why does Utah have the worst media in the country?
I've lived in several different sports markets in the U.S. And I'm just astounded that the SL Media only asks the softest of questions. It's frankly embarrassing that the national writers are generally the ones to break anything major or even minor about the Jazz.

What about Exum? We haven't even heard anything about Neto and his lingering concussion symptoms. Whether it's health of players or any other topic that MOST media in the US would try to investigate, Utah media just shies away from it. They're all controlled or even employed by the Jazz - and that makes them useless and pathetic...unless all you're interested in hearing about are game recaps and "feel good" stories.

Oh yeah, probably can hear more about a player by checking his Twitter account.

I've got a theory about why they call them "beat writers." And it has to do with them spending more time engaging in a certain activity than actually covering the team.

I've lived in several different sports markets in the U.S. And I'm just astounded that the SL Media only asks the softest of questions. It's frankly embarrassing that the national writers are generally the ones to break anything major or even minor about the Jazz.

What about Exum? We haven't even heard anything about Neto and his lingering concussion symptoms. Whether it's health of players or any other topic that MOST media in the US would try to investigate, Utah media just shies away from it. They're all controlled or even employed by the Jazz - and that makes them useless and pathetic...unless all you're interested in hearing about are game recaps and "feel good" stories.

I've got a theory about why they call them "beat writers." And it has to do with them spending more time engaging in a certain activity than actually covering the team.
PK asks some great questions and doesn't beat around the bush.

I'm way late on this, but thought I'd respond.

A) We gave an update on Twitter on Friday (before your post) that what's been keeping Neto in concussion protocol is his left knee bone bruise. He can't pass the concussion benchmarks because of that knee injury. Hope that helps.
B) We have asked everyone, on and off the record, about Exum's return. The real answer: nobody knows, not even Dante! Dante's trying to get back this season, but it depends on him passing a barrage of physical tests. Everyone hopes he can do it, and even thinks it's likely, but they won't commit to a return date, or even a timeline, because his progress is dependent on passing benchmarks. I've tried to keep you updated on that he's traveling with the team and playing video games and doing rehab, but honestly, that's just not that interesting of a story.
C) If you'd like a specific question asked, let me know on Twitter. I try not to ask a question I know the answer to, so if I can help, I will, and if not, I'll ask the player or coach if possible.
D) Re: national writers breaking news. It's frustrating. In general, the national writers break that news through relationships with the player agents involved, which, truthfully, I don't get much of a chance to meet with to develop a relationship with. I do have relationships with players, coaches, and front office people, but again, they know less than you think, I think.

332.jpg

When you get had by Andy Larsen.

I'm way late on this, but thought I'd respond.

A) We gave an update on Twitter on Friday (before your post) that what's been keeping Neto in concussion protocol is his left knee bone bruise. He can't pass the concussion benchmarks because of that knee injury. Hope that helps.
B) We have asked everyone, on and off the record, about Exum's return. The real answer: nobody knows, not even Dante! Dante's trying to get back this season, but it depends on him passing a barrage of physical tests. Everyone hopes he can do it, and even thinks it's likely, but they won't commit to a return date, or even a timeline, because his progress is dependent on passing benchmarks. I've tried to keep you updated on that he's traveling with the team and playing video games and doing rehab, but honestly, that's just not that interesting of a story.
C) If you'd like a specific question asked, let me know on Twitter. I try not to ask a question I know the answer to, so if I can help, I will, and if not, I'll ask the player or coach if possible.
D) Re: national writers breaking news. It's frustrating. In general, the national writers break that news through relationships with the player agents involved, which, truthfully, I don't get much of a chance to meet with to develop a relationship with. I do have relationships with players, coaches, and front office people, but again, they know less than you think, I think.

I would like you to ask QS "How accurate was Christian Bale's portrayal of you in the film American Psycho?"

Okay, serious question here.

Who’s gotten laid more recently? Andy Larsen or OneLove?

Andy, if you’re not familiar with OL’s work, peruse the site. Also, to help answer my earlier question, can you let us know the last time one of your trim hunt’s proved fruitful? Kinkkkk, you too. Don’t hold out on us.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:
Okay, serious question here.

Who’s gotten laid more recently? Andy Larsen or OneLove?

Andy, if you’re not familiar with OL’s work, peruse the site. Also, to help answer my earlier question, can you let us know the last time one of your trim hunt’s proved fruitful? Kinkkkk, you too. Don’t hold out on us.

Inquiring minds want to know.

I reckon it'll be onelove, there's a hell of a lot of sheep in New Zealand, saucy ones...

Does anyone actually know how old onelove is? 18 19?

I reckon it'll be onelove, there's a hell of a lot of sheep in New Zealand, saucy ones...

Does anyone actually know how old onelove is? 18 19?

Does that even meet the minimum moderator age requirement? Where is the link to our Jazzfanz Constitution?

There's an age requirement? I thought the only requirement was to be a satanist? Seriously I reckon he's not even old enough to order a beer in the pub.